Grip Racers, Unite Here!!

• Thread starter Timothy
  • 17 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
(I didn't know where to put this at all.. thus putted it down here..)

First of al, I have tons and tons of respect for all you guys out there who succeed in a nice and long drift...

But as you know, there are also guys (and girls??) like me, who like grip racing most. So.. Post your stories, hints, etc.. here to have a nice straight lap..

I'd say : Let's get united in this thread :dopey:

Once again : this is not an attack whatsoever to the drifters!! Love to see your drifting video's and I have much respect for you guys.. 👍

Hey Timothy, sorry if this sounds abit rude, but why did you put this thread in this section?

lol yeah, why the hell did you post this here? :dopey: Hopefully your hook (thread) wont catch any fish(flamers)

anyone idiot can grip through a whole race, u dont need any skill or knowledge of anything as long as u have TSM (wt ever its called) and traction control on, your ok..

And as i predicted, here come the dumbass spammers with nothing better to do than reply to useless threads and argue. I'll leave it at that... lazy MODS :dopey:

s2000lover
anyone idiot can grip through a whole race, u dont need any skill or knowledge of anything as long as u have TSM (wt ever its called) and traction control on, your ok..

lol i hope ur just joking dude....please tell me u r or else i'll have to consider you a very ignorant car enthusiast. screw TCS you dont need it...you need lots of skill if ur gonna grip drive....so u not understeer or oversteer, brake to early, accelerate too hard, etc. My Eclipse was a pain to grip drive cuz of the damn understeer as well as the ~340HP it was laying down at the wheels....i used to go up to Mid-Ohio to do some track testing and finetuning on my car....man trying ot grip even with a tuned suspension, Toyo Proxes T1-S tires, brakes, and a LSD i still had a hard time pushing the car around the track without losing traction atleast 2 or 3 times. also the knowledge of the track (or street in some cases) is very important....racing line makes all the diff. between gripping and flying straight into god knows what (provided u r not totally unaware of how to handle a car). I agree it is easier than drifting (which i have tried in my friend's Wright-tuned AE86) but i wouldnt go as far as saying that anyone can just pick up a car and do it. im not trying to stir up anything or piss peeps off but be careful when u make generalizations....one of the big things i learned in college.

Come on guys........where should he have posted it else..........in the new "GT4 grip racing sub-forum"........yeah right. It isn't an attack or something, he just said he didn't know where to put it, and if it gets moved by a mod. it's just fine to me:tup:👍
And I drift a lot but maybe we can all drift a bit and all grip race a bit; it takes skill to drift real nicely along bends, but it also takes great skill to grip race a lap PERFECTLY, although drift laps may look more beautifull, grip race EVENTUALLY puts the limits of the cars too. And if it isn't in the right place, the mods take care of that

This is no offence to drifters or grip racers, just make sure anybody can create a new thread without thinking all day long "what might the others think of this thread"

Timothy
(I didn't know where to put this at all.. thus putted it down here..)

First of al, I have tons and tons of respect for all you guys out there who succeed in a nice and long drift...

But as you know, there are also guys (and girls??) like me, who like grip racing most. So.. Post your stories, hints, etc.. here to have a nice straight lap..

I'd say : Let's get united in this thread :dopey:

Once again : this is not an attack whatsoever to the drifters!! Love to see your drifting video's and I have much respect for you guys.. 👍

If you are looking for a place for people concerned about performance or lap times instead of drifting, refer yourself to EVERY OTHER FORUM ON THIS BOARD.

s2000lover

so your driving ability = oh, say, Jenson Button's driving ability. Or Borris Said. Brilliant.

Imagine that, we have some shining stars in the dorifto forum.

im 98% sure he was just trying to start a flamewar or get is post count up. or he could just be a thread newbie. :dunce:

Gabkicks
im 98% sure he was just trying to start a flamewar or get is post count up. or he could just be a thread newbie. :dunce:

ya it too seems to me that hes trying to start a flamewar.

this grip driving vs drifting whatnot is, how i see it, one of the best examples of comparing apples to oranges. drifting, in respect to what this forum section is meant for, is not meant to be fast. its purely meant to be a show.

In terms of real life racing, there really isn't, in my eyes, such thing as grip driving vs drift driving. there is always a fastest way, but depending on the track, there is never just one of them. wrc is the best example of this. some turns they let their assend come out, and some turns, they try to keep it straight. it all depends on the type of turn, not to mention the terrain. but even just on a consistant surface like tarmac, both types of turning styles are still used. its like having a car that can go fast in a straight line and can turn well. some courses one does better, and other courses, the other does better, but having both is best.

No need to flame the guy, he didn't know.

Though personally, I have to say -

"Grip Racers, Unite Here!!", had to be the most awkward thread to see pop up in the drifting forum. If you're going to discuss grip racing, the drifting forum is logically not the appropriate place.

I mean, it's only common sense. :indiff:

If people wanna find out Grip vs Drift... then i suggest go watch initial D :dopey: hehe all the arguments of grip v drift have been said in there... dont bring it back up on here....

c'mon, grow up guys!!! :dunce:

Are you sure we need to discuss grip racers in the drifting forum?

Grip Racing should be discussed in the main GT4 Forum.

at first this seems like a firestarter...and its kinda turned into that but this just needs to be moved by a mod and it'll be ok. not saying that the anti-drifters (why you'd waste your time being an anti-drifter is beyond me) will pop up here 👎 :dunce:

Not much purpose for a thread such as this. Closing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back