Gripes in Arcade Mode

  • Thread starter Thread starter PedanticNerd
  • 5 comments
  • 591 views
Messages
286
Messages
DanielT-93 GTP_PedanticNerd
WHY IS THE CAR SELECTION IN ARCADE MODE SO LIMITED?
There's a healthy selection of premium cars unlocked in arcade mode from the get go, but er... that's it.

GT4 had a wonderful system where you buy a car within the career and it's unlocked immediately in arcade mode, and it added a massive challenge to the game, trying to unlock them all. There was even a counter on the car selection screen telling you how many you'd unlocked and it was great.

I'm sorry, but why would PD go to the effort of including 1000+ cars in GT5 if you can't use them in arcade mode? It's annoying when people keep saying 'I can't believe they missed this in 6 years of development' but seriously? This should have been a given.
 
I agree, I thought you could get around it by favouriting every car in your garage, but you're only allowed 100.
GT4's was better, and that's my one complaint about GT5.
 
You can favourite 100, but as soon as you sign in to PSN the cap is reduced to 6 and the other 94 are lost even when you sign back out :(
 
Wow, really? It's a good job that when I play arcade I'm at other people's houses, and can't sign in, then.
 
You can favourite 100, but as soon as you sign in to PSN the cap is reduced to 6 and the other 94 are lost even when you sign back out :(
How far have you gone to confirm this? That hasn't happened to me at all.
 
I tried it last night to see if I could exploit the 6-car limit by signing out, which worked.
However when I signed back in, the cap was taken back down and I lost all the extra cars I'd added.
Signing out again increased the limit to back to 100, but the extra cars didn't come back.
 
Back