Group 4 help

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I can't find much info about the group 4 races other than all the cars seem to be about the same, with the GT-R and Alfa 155 seemingly the preferred choices. I've tried six or seven cars including these at the High Speed Ring GT Cup Gr. 4 race and I'm not getting anywhere.
I seems ridiculous to me... start in P8 with the GT-R and before I reach turn 2 I'm in 13/14th.. at this point I haven't come off the accelerator. The com cars just fly past me no matter what I do.

Can anyone tell me what the trick car is for this circuit? I did manage to tailgate one of the com cars (in the GT-R) up to turn 4 and then lost the back of them... and by the end of lap one I was already miles back in 14th again

edit: have now managed a 14th place finish in the mustang. I could still see the 13th place car, which was nice.

Seriously, can someone tell me what the cheat car is 'cos I've just wasted another 350k on a veyron that doesn't go over 130mph!

Last edited:
So it is this one?

You are allowed to change the cars setup.

I think it's been Bopped since that video was made. All seetings revert to standard now.

edit: and trying to run the GT-R on the high speed ring with its standard gears, but with the power reduced to 369bhp, means it barely moves

I've mainly used the Gr.4 Supra.

You should be able to gap the cars at the final banking

I managed a 3rd place with the Supra by switching to easy mode and wallriding turn 2. I can't get over how much faster the com cars are on the straights. They're obviously not BoP restricted like the human players are which is a bit ridiculous. I guess these races are really designed for multiplayer

Last edited:
I think there is a high chance your controller is not depressing the throttle entirely. I have just done the race, and was able to win easily on Hard with the Ferrari. I certianly wasn't falling to 14th by turn 2.

A veyron certainly should not be stuck under 130mph either. It's the 2nd fastest car in a straight line under BoP. I'm 100% sure this is a hardware issue.

Last edited:
I think there is a high chance your controller is not depressing the throttle entirely. I have just done the race, and was able to win easily on Hard with the Ferrari. I certianly wasn't falling to 14th by turn 2.

A veyron certainly should not be stuck under 130mph either. It's the 2nd fastest car in a straight line under BoP. I'm 100% sure this is a hardware issue.
Doh! You guys are right... thanks to you I just realised that I only get full acceleration when squeezing the right trigger REALLY hard.
Switched the brake and accelerator triggers over and get full acceleration with a light full press now.... need to buy a new controller.

Doh! You guys are right... thanks to you I just realised that I only get full acceleration when squeezing the right trigger REALLY hard.
Switched the brake and accelerator triggers over and get full acceleration with a light full press now.... need to buy a new controller.
In the (rare) case of an Edge Controller, you could decrease its maximum input range to the point where it would equal 100% again

Switched the brake and accelerator triggers over and get full acceleration with a light full press now.... need to buy a new controller

In the (rare) case of an Edge Controller, you could decrease its maximum input range to the point where it would equal 100% again
I'm on an old PS4 Pro... although looking at the price of controllers I may just use this as an excuse to upgrade to a 5

I just won the race at the first attempt back on hard level, using the Huracan... can't thank you enough for pointing out the likely problem because it never even would have crossed my mind that it was anything other than the hardness of the game

Last edited:
Has anyone else done this race recently? The AI seem to drive like they are on predetermined paths that forces them all to slam into the wall at turn 3. I've seen older videos of this race and they didn't seem to do that.

Back