Group 4 tyre wear test

• Thread starter JayOTT
  • 4 comments

JayOTT

(Banned)
Australia
Australia
Ott2-gt
Everyone knows that the BoP in Group 4 is a complete and utter mess and always will be absolutely perfect with no issues whatsoever. To demonstrate just how fair and balanced this group is, I decided to do a controlled tyre test after the last major update.

I let auto-drive it's thing in a private lobby setting, in order to remove any inconsistencies in the test that may result from a human driving. I then saved a video clip of each test, transferred them over to my computer and did a pixel count on the tyre gauges. This method is not perfect, as auto-drive doesn't reflect the normal driving habits of a GT Sport player, but it can give us an idea of how rough or gentle each car is on it's rubber when driving around the track.

The results can be found here.

Higher numbers = worse tyre wear. The more specific details of the test are explained inside the sheet.

Very interesting. I knew from FIA races, with human driving, that the RCZ and Mustang were the worst, but it's interesting to see the discrepancies. BoP is even worse than what these numbers show when you take into account that cars that are less dependent of good tires are the same that will end up wearing them less.

Good job!

The auto-drive doesn't drives hard enough. Human drivers will wear out the driven wheels more compared to the non driven wheels. 4WDs will have more added wear on the front. Understeery cars will also have more wear since they need to be driven more agressively.

This is still very interesting nonetheless, having such gaps in autodrive shows how broken Gr.4 is, good info there.

I'm sorry to say that this tyre wear test has some innacuracy. At least on the FIA settings, there's massive differences here. The Scirocco, for example, has now 4c levels of tyre wear. All FF cars improved a lot. FR cars are now the ones that suffers more on front tyres.

The Vantage should be higher, it absolute destroys the front tyres. Think only the Mustang might be worse than it on the FR class.

Appreciate the effort, though.

Mustang driver, can confirm it eats front tires for breakfast, so much that sometimes I opt for a Harder compounds in the front at the expense of some speed, just so can have 1 extra lap of grip to make up time lost before the pits.

Back