Group B road cars @ High Speed Ring LAN Replay

• Thread starter daan
  • 6 comments

daan

Salut Gilles
Scotland
Scotland
GTP_daan
I had a wee mini-LAN over easter. Here is one of the races.

High Speed Ring in slow-ish cars always produces a close, exciting race.

Famine is in the white 205. Venari, Roo, Touring Mars and I are all in Delta HF Integrales (I don't know whos who...)

..but 50 laps? :lol:
With GT4 LAN races, you need to set it to a number. It is set to 50 for the enduro we usually run, but most of the time, we finish at 6.

If it was set to 6, the race finishes 12 seconds after the winner finishes so any battles down the field remain unresolved. Set to 50 everyone gets to finish and we can get exact placings.

And I only picked the 205 because I knew I'd crash it...

Like I did 3 years ago :D

Very amusing video, daan :) It looks very funny at 5:05, when Famine loses control over the car :lol: Also, the end of the race is very amusing, seeing all the cars spinning and so on ;) :cheers:

daan, about 4:30 into your video is just priceless. :D I imagine you guys had a lot of fun, and didn't care too much about all the contact you had (this seems to be a pattern from all of the UKGTP videos I've watched...)?

Almost all the contact is incidental - door rubbing along the straights and such. Generally we give a yodel to any nearby cars ("Left side!") if we're two wide going into a corner or, as in that video, four wide coming out of one.

More major contact is always accidental - the 205 hates banked corners and, just before I vanished off the back of the back, I slipped down the banking onto an Integrale that I not only didn't know was there but wouldn't have been able to avoid if I had as I was too busy crashing... :lol:

We've got a good 50 or so videos from this miniLAN, mostly with racing that was this close.

Back