Group C Racing Series in the Works?Draft 

United States
United States
GTP_Johnny1996
It's not very often that I come forth with an idea for a racing series. In fact I believe all my previous ideas have been total flops. However, as the title suggests, this possible series would be a Group C series and would have a higher chance of taking place due to the fact that Group C cars are some of my favorites to drive in GT6. More details below.

At this point this is purely an interest check. I want to make that clear. If you think you might be interested in joining the series after you're done reading this post, then note it below. Also, if you have any suggestions, comments, concerns, etc, post those below as well. I may also need help setting this up and getting it going, so if you can help let me know.I am open to ideas and suggestions from others. However there are some things that at least right now I'd rather not have changed, and these are in bold. Moving on now.

The idea is actually pretty simple. The series, at least in my head, would bring together racers of all skill levels from day one beginner to day whatever expert in one event, probably one event each week or each two weeks. Therefore, racers would be allowed to use whatever aids they want to use or don't want to use, though most likely with some limitations such as no skid recovery force or active steering. Events would obviously consist of Group C cars and possibly some cars that have very nearly the same level of performance as your typical Group C car.

Events would consist of a practice session, qualifying session and the race. Qualifying position would not matter, nor would finishing position in the race since the primary principle I have in mind for this series is that it's simply just for fun and allows serious racers to take a break from their usual pace. To help encourage the "just for fun" atmosphere there would also be very minimal officiating and rules. I believe that having a regular race event rather than an open time trial/time attack or similar event would help to bring out that "competitive spirit" and in turn make the racing at least slightly better. Race distance would likely be relatively short, such as under 50 laps, and tracks would include both real world and fantasy locations.

As for the cars, Group C or the next closest thing such as a prototype for example, will suffice. Base models will likely be permitted, but only with a number that is available out of a list of numbers. I am undecided on Chromeline cars and honestly as I type this can't remember if there is such a car that fits the performance of a Group C machine. I would prefer that Group C cars take priority over anything else, but I would understand if someone does not have one and cannot get one due to, for example, being low on credits but has the next closest thing. Racers would not have to continue using one set car from event to event, but I'd prefer that they would make note of this. Provided that this series does get off the ground, I'll have a full eligible car list and number list. Finally, duplicate cars would be permitted but preferred to be kept to a minimum. After all the main sight I see for this potential series is to let it be as laid back, easy going and fun as possible.

So that's pretty much it. I may think of other things, in which case I'll cover that in a post. As I said, if anyone has anyone interest and/or questions and such, post it below. Good day, fellow GT6ers! :cheers:

EDIT: Potential car list. I understand that not every car here is a Group C racer, but these may have nearly the same level of performance as a Group C car and if not, I'm willing to cut them from the list. Some of you most likely have a better understanding of these cars' performance than I do.
  • [*]Mazda 787B '91
    [*]Mazda 787B Stealth Model
    [*]Nissan Zytek Z11SN Greaves Motorsport '13
    [*]Nissan GT-6 LM Nismo '15
    [*]Nissan R390 GT1 '98
    [*]Nissan R89C '91
    [*]Nissan R92CP '92
    [*]Suzuki V6 Escudo Pikes Peak Special '98
    [*]Tajima 2012 Monster Sport E-Runner Pikes Peak Special
    [*]Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12
    [*]Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99
    [*]Toyota Minolta 88C-V '89
    [*]Toyota 7 '70
    [*]Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) '11
    [*]Audi R18 TDI Prototype '11
    [*]Audi R10 TDI '06
    [*]Audi R10 TDI Stealth Model
    [*]Audi R8 (Audi Playstation Team Oreca) '05
    [*]Audi R8 Racecar '01
    [*]Bentley EXP Speed 8 '03
    [*]BMW McLaren F1 GTR Racecar '97
    [*]BMW V12 LMR '99
    [*]Jaguar XJR-9 '88
    [*]McLaren F1 GTR - BMW (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing) '95
    [*]McLaren F1 GTR Racecar Base Model '95
    [*]McLaren F1 Stealth Model
    [*]Mercedes AMG CLK-LM '98
    [*]Mercedes Sauber C9 '89
    [*]Pescarolo Courage Judd GVS '04
    [*]Pescarolo Courage C60 Peugeot '03
    [*]Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd '05
    [*]Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total '10
    [*]Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Oreca Matmut '10
    [*]Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Base Model '10
    [*]Peugeot 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92
EDIT 2: Potential track list. Willing to cut tracks as well

World circuits
  • Red Bull Ring
  • Brands Hatch GP '80s
  • Mount Panorama
  • Silverstone GP
  • Daytona Road Course
  • Indianapolis Road Course
  • Monza - no chicane preferred
  • Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
  • Fuji Speedway GT
  • Suzuka Circuit
  • Laguna Seca
  • Spa-Francorchamps
  • Circuit de la Sarthe - chicanes preferred
  • Nurburgring - at least GP/F layout, Nordschleife any layout possible

Original courses
  • Midfield Raceway
  • Trial Mountain
  • Deep Forest
  • Grand Valley full

City courses
  • Tokyo R246
  • Circuito di Roma

Last edited:
Track list?

700pp is a popular level to run these cars at. Monza seasonal uses RM so you could make that the max and permit RH for drivers to trade their strategy against their skill level.

There are no base model Group C that I can think of; only some modern LMP have that.

OLR driving regulations? Stewarding process? These cars are tough to handle.

No SRF and no Active Steering makes it more authentic; although GT6 Quick Match had forced SRF at Sarthe some time ago for historic prototypes. Traction Control helps a lot. Active Stability Management scrubs off a lot of speed (regardless of skill, unlike SRF and AS) and helps beginners stay on the track.

Track list?

I currently don't have a track list as I was intending to have a look through the tracks and pick out ones that I think would be good for the cars. City courses are likely not going to be a part of this as they're generally tight and thus could be tough on beginners given how quick these cars are and not everyone would be going the same pace.
700pp is a popular level to run these cars at. Monza seasonal uses RM so you could make that the max and permit RH for drivers to trade their strategy against their skill level.

700PP seems like a reasonable number. And now that you mention RM tires, I suppose that would work too. I especially like the RH and RM strategy idea.
There are no base model Group C that I can think of; only some modern LMP have that.

I'd still need to go through the cars to see what would or could be used. It's been a while since I've looked at the dealerships for anything that isn't American muscle, which is my favorite, so I'm bound to be forgetting what all is in game as well as adding cars that aren't present.
OLR driving regulations? Stewarding process? These cars are tough to handle.
Since the cars are tough to handle, I was thinking that it would be "race hard but clean" and with very little officiating since spins, slides, misjudging a corner and over shooting, etc could be common due to lack of experience in such a car. Now if something is blatantly obvious, such as cutting a corner to ram someone off track, then whoever the suspect for lack of sleep better word is, they would probably be immediately kicked.
No SRF and no Active Steering makes it more authentic; although GT6 Quick Match had forced SRF at Sarthe some time ago for historic prototypes. Traction Control helps a lot. Active Stability Management scrubs off a lot of speed (regardless of skill, unlike SRF and AS) and helps beginners stay on the track.
I can't remember what all assists are in the game, but I do know that SRF and AS are present are not realistic so those two definitely wouldn't be allowed. ASM I was thinking would be drivers choice, along with the driving line. The philosophy I have on this series is that at any point during the season, someone with no prior experience with a Group C car let alone such a car on every track could join a race and still have the best possible enjoyment but there'd have to be a cutoff somewhere. That cutoff would be at least SRF and AS turned off.

Almost all of this entire idea is still in my head and hasn't really been thought out a whole lot. In fact part of why this thread was already posted rather than waiting to think it through some is because I may not have a crucial idea or point about something that someone else has, and vice versa.

EDIT: Potential car list added to the bottom of the OP

EDIT 2: Potential track list added to bottom of OP

Last edited:
Back