Groups/Clubs and PCars vs. GT6PS4 

GTP_jimantonic
A brief overview of our club named GBRC.

We formed in 2010 with GT5 and quickly grew to a good number of members, with the main focus of our club being clean racing rather than outright speed or consistant wins.

Soon after that we started our first official events and eventually ran 3 divisions of weekly events.
Towards the end of GT5's life member numbers started to drop off, with another peak once GT6 launched, which seemed to have a slightly shorter lifespan than GT5 before numbers dropped slightly.
Now we have made the move to PCars numbers are at a pretty much all time low, with just the core of long term members taking part on a weekly basis.

Just wanted to get the views of other clubs to see if they followed a similar pattern or if they bumped in popularity since the launch of PCars and what they think the reasons for either of the above are.

A brief overview of our club named GBRC.

We formed in 2010 with GT5 and quickly grew to a good number of members, with the main focus of our club being clean racing rather than outright speed or consistant wins.

Soon after that we started our first official events and eventually ran 3 divisions of weekly events.
Towards the end of GT5's life member numbers started to drop off, with another peak once GT6 launched, which seemed to have a slightly shorter lifespan than GT5 before numbers dropped slightly.
Now we have made the move to PCars numbers are at a pretty much all time low, with just the core of long term members taking part on a weekly basis.

Just wanted to get the views of other clubs to see if they followed a similar pattern or if they bumped in popularity since the launch of PCars and what they think the reasons for either of the above are.

CRAP (pCARS) has seen a huge uplift since Project Cars started. We had a similar pattern in GT5 and 6 to you. With Project Cars we're as busy as we were at the GT5 peak. Reasons are we organise lots of one off events or one off evenings in private lobbies. We have run some series too but I think the main attraction has probably been a great core crowd of regulars whether it's been regular series or one off enduros.

Any chance I could join this league?

Yes of course. Just post your details in the thread (link in my signature). Please have a read of the first post to know what to expect and what is expected. I'm running a casual but private Sprint lobby tomorrow afternoon (4pm UK time) and another member is doing something later on.

Let us know if you'd like an invite to either.

Cheers

Back