Grrrrrr...

• Thread starter Sarkazmo
  • 5 comments
United States
OH
GTP_Sarkazmo
I have no love for B-Spec racing simply because it's frustrating beyond belief. I understand that you B-Spec players call these drivers "Bob" well I call mine "Idiot" or as my friend Gee from New Zealand would say "Effing Muppet!" The only command mine seems to understand fully is "slow down." Other useful commands like "Pick up the pace" and "Overtake" result in the same action. Idiot suddenly believes he's a dog and proceeds to stuff his nose up the ass of every car he gets behind. In the last race on Tsukuba he took almost two laps to get around the 11th place car which was later lapped by 1st and 2nd place (Idiot was in 3rd) but instead of Idiot passing said lapped car (like 1st and 2nd did) it was like he'd run into an old friend at the dog park and proceeded stuff his nose up last place's ass again. It doesn't matter what I do. If I micro manage he's an idiot. If I leave him to his own devices, he's an idiot. I'd have better luck teaching a Chimp to juggle or a slug to sing opera! If I was a team owner/manager I'd have the Mafia meet him at the car when he was done "racing" and introduce him to a tree chipper then have him added to the blacktop mixture and repave my driveway!

Sorry for the rant.

Sark

Just stick him in a competitive 650pp car and do one of the seasonals. Do the same race twice and you'll level up to around 15. Really cuts down on the mistakes

Just stick him in a competitive 650pp car and do one of the seasonals. Do the same race twice and you'll level up to around 15. Really cuts down on the mistakes

He's almost 25th level, that's what's so annoying! His personality is deep in the red with the pointer over the H in Hot. He should thrive on being pushed but it makes no difference. He's doing the 500pp Seasonals in an Alfa 8C at 499pp and he's only gotten 1st once.

Sark

Edit:

PS: He's finishing the break in of the car for the WRS race in three days. It's a fast car and I know I could win every race with it but Idiot is incompetent.

He's almost 25th level, that's what's so annoying! His personality is deep in the red with the pointer over the H in Hot. He should thrive on being pushed but it makes no difference. He's doing the 500pp Seasonals in an Alfa 8C at 499pp and he's only gotten 1st once.

Sark

Edit:

PS: He's finishing the break in of the car for the WRS race in three days. It's a fast car and I know I could win every race with it but Idiot is incompetent.

I can't do seasonals just yet, but I can tell you that unfortunatley, you have to be patient and work with your drivers. I have advanced to level 13 even having access to Internet. Just be patient & work with them.

Sark

Edit:

They do get better as they level. Though they will always infuriate you in one way or another when you want them to do something. That's why it's ALWAYS a better idea to put them in a car that is overpowered or just better for a certain race - because they will struggle to beat the other AI in a car that you could.

For example an offline A-Spec race like the Gallardo Event, I could win that in a stock Gallardo, but not Bob - he needs to be in a tuned version with a lot more power in order to win at the same level. It's just the sucky AI again - that's all Bob is, another AI.

So if you feel it's unnecessary to do B-Spec, then don't. But if you want the cars/credits and 100% game completion etc. then you need to accept his idiotic nature and just learn to get the best from him.

He's almost 25th level, that's what's so annoying! His personality is deep in the red with the pointer over the H in Hot. He should thrive on being pushed but it makes no difference. "..."
Regardless of starting temperament, Bob does best on neutral. I wonder if you meant you keep him hot when you said "he should thrive on being pushed", I used to think so too but apart from a very close race with cars surrounding him (inevitable hotheadedness, they tend not to crash/lose traction in that situation ONLY though) you should see improvements if you keep Decreasing pace (from as soon as the race screen loads with a hot driver) and use Maintain once no cars are about and temperament is ideal (as it won't control him heating up). Only use Overtake if you see a gap to exploit, Bob won't necessarily do a turn faster to overtake.

And most importantly? Use a Happy driver (blue arrow up), much better than Meh or Grumpy Bob!

Back