GSX-R/4 beats LM Cars by inches in Like The Wind Race - pics & 200 A-Spec Points

United Kingdom
London, UK
Two parts to this race report...the first is just the background story in how I got into the mess and the second is the race report itself....so enjoy.

Background story:

It was 3 months after Hypersport ZX motorsport (the team some friends and I (AJ Vinnie) set up) won the Gran Turismo World Championship on our first attempt and we were taking a well-earned rest from the hustle and fast-paced world of motorsport, preparing our next adventures to rule the Gran Turismo world.

Our team were doing an ordinary test at the Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway during the off-season, with my Red Suzuki GSX-R/4 just circling around the track, just to feel a lightweight mid-engine motorbike car going round at high speeds. Then whilst testing, my crew chief radioed in saying that five of my friends are waiting in the pit lane and wanted to talk to me as they were going to offer me a challenge of a lifetime.

Therefore, I ended my test early and as soon as I stopped the car in the pits, I got out of the Suzuki and saw five Le Mans cars all parked in a straight-line right next to our pit garage. Whilst my crew were working on the Suzuki, all of my friends who were female were sitting on the bonnets of their factory Le Mans cars, all with their pristine glamour cars shining in the warm sunshine. Chantel was with her AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR, Paula was with her Peugeot 905, Rav with was her Pescarolo Peugeot, Amy was with her Nissan R92CP and finally Crystal was with her Pescarolo Judd.

We agreed to meet in my team’s pit garage and the girls were going to offer me a challenge I could not resist. They were all going to compete in 36 hours time, at the Like The Wind Extreme Hall race located at the Test Course oval circuit. They were one driver short due to the Jaguar XKR-9 car had to pull out in the last minute due to mechanical problems blighted the car. I knew it was my good friend who was suppose to race against them but I felt sorry he pulled out as he tried his best to put a car to race in with limited time and budget. He was the one who introduce me to racing in Gran Turismo World and helped me to set up the team to compete and rule the motorsport world; he was a key member to our team.

Therefore, they asked me to compete in the single race as a replacement driver and I did not mind competing in the race as a warm up to face the endurance and extreme races later on the race season.

However, there was a catch, I had to compete in my Suzuki GSX-R/4 concept car whilst they would be driving Le Mans cars ranging from LMP1 to Group C class, and they wanted to see how I faired with an inferior car up against a series of Le Mans. I could not use any other car to go for the race not even a Group C or Le Mans car and they really laid the smackdown on me.

I had my doubts but then the girls suggested a deal that could tempt me in racing for this series in which both Polyphony Digital and the Gran Turismo Association agreed on. If I win, then I would pick up 20,000 credits, a brand-new concept car that money could not buy and 200 A-Spec points. However if I lose, I had to pay the girls 20,000 total to them and had to hand the keys to my Suzuki GSX-R/4 to them.

It was a hard call, but after some tough thinking and some hard deliberating. Against my better judgement, as the head of the team I agreed to the challenge and gave them a handshake as the girls made their way to the Test Course. Once they left in their cars, we did some final testing with the car at the Motegi oval. Then we packed our bags and boarded a flight on Polyphony Digital Airlines to the Test Course, the challenge was set…who will win? Let us find out.

ABOUT THE CAR…

Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept Car ’01 in Red Metallic colour

suzuki_settings.jpg

Parts bought:

• Racing exhaust
• Racing brakes
• Brake controller
• Racing Chip
• Engine Balancing
• Port Polish
• NOS
• Turbo Stage 2
• Racing suspension
• Racing Transmission
• Triple Clutch
• Racing Flywheel
• Variable LSD
• Weight Reduction Stage 3
• Rollcage
• Racing Tyres – Medium, Hards, Super Hards
• Downforce wing
• Oil Change

Setup (Set B – Top Speed for Test course)

Tyres: Racing Hards equipped all round (R2 tyres)

Suspension:

- Spring Rate: 6.0/3.6
- Ride Hide: 66/66
- Damper Bound: 1/1
- Damper Rebound: 2/2
- Camber Angle: 0.0/0.0
- Toe Angle: 0/0
- Stablishers: 2/3

Downforce:

0/0 (Wing has to be put on even with no downforce as it caused massive oversteer at the back especially turning during high speeds)

LSD:

- Initial: 10
- Acceleration: 40
- Deceleration: 20

Driving Aids:

- ASM oversteer: 0
- ASM understeer: 0
- TCS: 3

Brake controller:

- Brakes: 18/20

NOS:

- Nitrous: 100

Ballast:

- Weight: 0

Transmission:

1st gear: 2.793
2nd gear: 1.926
3rd gear: 1.430
4th gear: 1.111
5th gear: 0.910
6th gear: 0.762

Final gearing: 4.780

Gear Autoset: 25

Car Specification:

Year: 2001
Drivetrain: MR

Engine:

Displacement: 1,299cc
Power: 275bhp/9,800rpm (After oil change and modifications)
Torque: 20.19kgf.m/7000rpm

Dimensions:

Dimensions: 3550x1730x1010
Weight: 542kg

Power to weight ratio:

Top Speed stats:

Top Speed without Nos: 195mph
Top Speed with slipstream: 230-234mph
Maximum top speed with Nos: 243mph

Should be a good battle! It might help that all the competitors are women... just stick a big SALE sign at the pit entrance if they're getting ahead :mischievous:

Boy am I gonna get flamed for that.

I was only kidding everyone! :scared:

Keep the story coming 👍

Pre race chatter:
Welcome to the Like The Wind Extreme Hall race brought to you live by the Gran Turismo Association, Sony Computer Entertainment and Polyphony Digital. This takes place in the at 6.43 mile Test Course oval circuit, where the cars will be pushed to the limits in this five lap extremely high-speed race. Enough with the pre chatter and let’s begin…

dptrtestcourserw9.gif

THE GRID (20TH LINEUP AFTER CONSOLE RESET - PAL VERSION)​

Pescarolo Courage C60/Peugeot Race Car ’03 (Rav)
Playstation Pescarolo C60/Judd Race Car ’04 (Crystal)
Nissan R92CP Race Car ’92 (Amy)
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car ’98 (Chantel)
Peugeot 905 Race Car ‘92 (Paula)
Suzuki GSX-R/4 ’01 (myself)

200 A-spec points available with the field line up.

Race write up:

Lap 1:

As the five lights were going out of sequence, I slowly accelerated the Suzuki to 7,000 rpm and launched the car, once the green lights appeared above the Test Course banner. I rammed the accelerator as the Le Mans cars sped away from me, as I applied the NOS to get up to speed and chase the pack, in the first split I was 1.6 seconds off the Pescarolo Peugeot who was in the lead of the race at the start. All were line to stern in the first 1000 metres from the start; the Pescarolo Judd manages to take the lead demoting the Pescarolo Courage into second with the Mercedes and the Nissan right behind its tail. Whilst the Mercedes CLK-GTR tried to pass the Pescarolo Courage, the AMG bumped the back of Pescarolo Courage, losing speed and promoting both Pescarolo Judd and the Peugeot 905 into third and fourth place respectively.

likethewindstart.jpg

Whilst at the back I managed to pass the Pescarolo Courage into the middle of Turn 1 into two as I still applied the NOS and going through the turn at 230mph. The Pescarolo Courage was reporting a problem with its engine at top speed and was only limited to 212mph even though it could go faster and was losing time. As soon as I passed the Courage, I could only briefly catch Rav’s response, but from what little I know of sign language, it was not very pleasant.

suzukiovertakespeslap1.jpg

With the Pescarolo Courage out of the reckoning, it was one down four to go as the Nissan R92CP took the lead, from the Pescarolo Judd in second, with the Peugeot 905 in third and the AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR in fourth. While I was driving in the slipstream, even though I was in fifth place, I was catching up the lead pack. As I was only 0.00.569 from the Amy’s Nissan R92CP in first place as we speed pass under the tunnel and into the third sector of the first lap.

The gap stayed static at 0.00.569 in the third sector behind the Nissan R92CP who was in the lead as the Peugeot 905 took second from the Pescarolo Judd for a brief time. Then the Pescarolo Judd took second place away from Paula’s Peugeot and was now gunning for the lead.

Across the line heading towards the second lap out of five, the race classification looked like this:

1st: Nissan R92CP Race Car ’92
2nd: Playstation Pescarolo C60/Judd Race Car ’04 - +0.00.078
3rd: Peugeot 905 Race Car ’92 – +0.00.183
4th: AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car ’98 – +0.00.255
5th: Suzuki GSX-R/4 ’01 – +0.00.594
6th: Pescarolo Courage C60/Peugeot Race Car ’03 – +0.07.119

Lap 2:

Heading into Lap 2, the Pescarolo Judd took the lead using the Nissan R92CP’s slipstream, as both the Mercedes and Peugeot cars wanted a bit of the slice of the action. I was hanging on with the lead pack using the slipstream to my advantage, but I knew if I lose the slipstream from the leading pack it was game over and my chances of winning were vanished. Whilst I was trailing in the Le Mans cars slipstream stuck in fifth place, the AMG Mercedes overtook the Nissan into second place after 1,200 metres from the start finish straight. This demoted the R92CP into third place but only briefly as the AMG overtook the R92CP into second place and the Nissan used the slipstream of the Pescarolo and the Mercedes to retake the lead whilst into turn 1.

Whilst at the back of the five-car train, I managed to catch up to the pack again and managed to take fourth place from the Pescarolo Judd after Turn 2. By the time, we got into the second split in the second lap, as I was only 0.00.183 away from the leading Nissan R92CP with the Mercedes CLK-GTR in second place and the Peugeot 905 in third.

suzukiovertakesjuddlap2.jpg

Then I was back into fifth as the Pescarolo Judd into turn 3 used the slipstream to by pass me and take fourth place and lost time due to I had to be forced wide by the Le Mans Car pack and lost speed into turns 3 and 4.

juddovertakessuzuki-1.jpg

In turn four, the Peugeot 905 took second away from the AMG Mercedes as the battle hotted up, as the Pescarolo Judd manages to steal third place away from the CLK-GTR at the end of turn 4 heading towards the start/finish straight. I lost a bit of time due to the 4-car field were pulling away slightly and using each other’s slipstream to gain an advantage and I was forced onto the outside of the turn losing speed. The Pescarolo Courage was languishing down in sixth place, still restricted to 212mph due to its engine problems and was having a torrid race.

Still I was in the hunt and the team radioed me in a message before the end of Lap 2 and heading into Lap 3. “AJ, you are a little behind in the field, don’t worry…just use the slipstream to gain time on the back straight. Just time your run and you will win. The Courage car is out of the reckoning due to a problem with its engine, so do not worry about the Pescarolo Courage. Just keep going AJ.”

It was a bit of relief as we headed into Lap 3, passing the half waypoint of the race. However, I knew there was a long way to go and there was a massive difference between winning and losing the race, as I speed pass the start/finish straight at 228mph and catching the lead field bit by bit. I was determined not to lose this wager without a fight.

Heading into Lap 3 and passing the half waypoint of the race, the racing positions look liked this:

1st: Nissan R92CP Race Car ’92
2nd: Peugeot 905 Race Car ’92 – 0.00.088
3rd: Playstation Pescarolo C60/Judd Race Car ‘04 – 0.00.272
4th: AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car ’98 – 0.00.390
5th: Suzuki GSX-R/4 ’01 – 0.00.794
6th: Pescarolo Courage C60/Peugeot Race Car ’03 – 0.15.688

Lap 3:

It was still a tight affair at the front of the pack, with only the top 5 drivers all separated by eight tenths of a second, and if you are in the slipstream, you can easily catch up and be up there challenging of the lead and the win. Anyway, by about the second split before the first turn I was able to close the leading pack of the two Pescarolo’s, the Peugeot and the Mercedes down to 0.00.599 thanks to being in slipstream of the leading pack and gaining speed on them. Whilst at the front it was still tight, as the places were swapping towards turn 1 and 2, as the Nissan was still in the lead, with the Pescarolo Judd taking second place with the Peugeot 905 in third place.

overheadcamlap1.jpg

The positions stayed the same until the third split, as I was catching up with the lead pack heading on the back straight. I managed to trim the gap to 0.00.444 seconds by the fourth time split, and was at the back of the Peugeot 905 heading into turn 3 and 4 as the field were only separated by 5 tenths of a second.

suzukionboard.jpg

Whilst during the later part of the third lap heading towards turns 3 and 4, Amy reported in that she felt vibrations in her rear tyres and something was not right with the car’s balance. The pit crew told her that she has likely two slow punctures and must pit in this lap. She did not like the decision and wanted to stay out, but decides to dive into the pits and is out of the reckoning for the race win. As the pack passed the Nissan R92CP on the start/finish straight, as the Pescarolo Judd, Peugeot 905 and I all promoted one place as we were heading into lap 4. Now the AMG Mercedes was in the lead of the race with the pack line to stern, not too far off from the lead.

nissanpitslap3.jpg

Another one bites the dust as they say as it was now two down and three to go to the race to the line, and this race has just turned things around with the pressure building all the time.

At the end of the third lap going into the fourth lap, the racing positions looked a little something like this:

1st AMG Mercedes CLK GTR Race Car ‘98
2nd Playstation Pescarolo C60/Judd Race Car ’04 – +0.00.054
3rd Peugeot 905 Race Car ‘92 – +0.00.218
4th Suzuki GSX/R-4 – +0.00.400
5th Nissan R92CP Race Car ‘92 – +0.20.333 (In pits)
6th Pescarolo Courage C60/Peugeot Race Car ‘03 – +0.24.542

Lap 4

Whilst in the pits, it the news was confirmed that the Nissan R92CP had two slow punctures in the rear tyres as Amy pushed too hard to win the race and paid the price for it. The pit crewed radioed in saying the news that the Nissan was out of the race and just to focus on the leaders.

Meanwhile at the back of the grid, the Nissan pit crew finished their pit stop and Amy charged the car out of the box and back to the track. Thanks to the pit stop, things got worse for the Nissan R92CP as the Pescarolo Courage passed on the start/finish straight for fifth place.

peugeotovertakesnissan_lap4.jpg

While at the front, the positions changed hands, as the Peugeot 905 managed to take second place away from the Pescarolo Judd just before turn 1. It briefly took the lead into turn 2, but the AMG Mercedes reclaimed it back using slipstream to its advantage and was still in the lead of the race.

I was still holding onto the lead pack as the lead changed again at the end of the back straight and into turn 3. Now the Peugeot 905 was in the lead with the AMG Mercedes demoted to second and the Pescarolo Judd now in third place challenging the CLK-GTR.

lap4overtake.jpg

Then in the middle of turn 4, the AMG Mercedes took the lead away from the Peugeot 905, while I decided not to challenge the leaders and play their own game and holding back in fourth place. The pit crew were a little concerned I was not pushing the car hard enough, but I reassured them to saying nothing is wrong and I know what I was doing.

suzuki-on-board-2-lap-4-or.jpg

Whilst at the back of the pack, the Nissan R92CP manages to catch up with the Pescarolo Courage and passes Rav into turn 3, but they would be stuck in fifth and sixth positions.

nissanovertakespeslap4.jpg

The racing positions looked a little something like this as all the cars were heading onto the final lap:

1st: AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car ’98
2nd: Peugeot 905 Race Car ’92 – +0.00.002
3rd: Playstation Pescarolo C60/Judd Race Car ‘04 – 0.00.100
4th: Suzuki GSX-R/4 ’01 – 0.00.389
5th: Nissan R92CP Race Car ‘92 – 0.30.180
6th: Pescarolo Courage C60/Peugeot Race Car ’03 – 0.32.614

Lap 5

The white flag was out, the final 6.43 miles in which this race will go right to the end. I knew that the Pescarolo Judd, Peugeot 905 and AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR were not stopping and would last until the end, which worried me a bit whilst cruising about 230mph.

The positions of fifth and sixth places would stay as they are; the Nissan R92CP was stuck in fifth place about 30 seconds down from the leaders despite was pulling away from other Pescarolo. The Pescarolo Courage would finish last due to its engine problems affecting the top speed and was never a contender for the race win.

At the front, my pit crew the following message told me over the radio, “Well done, you got the fastest lap of the race with a time 1.40.444, beating the AMG Mercedes by one tenth of a second. Ok this is the final lap AJ; you got to make your move now!” I knew I got the hurry up message from my pit crew, as I had to step the pace up if I wanted to win the race and not lose this wager. In fact, I was not determined to lose, give up my Suzuki and pay the girls 20,000 credits from my bank account. The game was on and the race only just begun.

As we crossed the line and headed into the final lap, the top four were only separated by 0.00.389 of a second and this would go down to the wire. Down the straight before turn 1, the Pegueot 905 took the lead as it used the slipstream of the AMG. Whilst I was right behind the Pescarolo Judd trying to snatch third place but was blocking my path so I hold back for a while to give myself a breather. I was so nervous inside the cockpit that my hands were sweating as I feel I lost a gallon of sweat and knew that 20,000 and that new car is just moments away if I push it.

lap-5-final-lap-close.jpg

The positions stayed the same through turn two, as I knew I was running out of time and every moment that went pass, another opportunity to win was fading. Then I managed to take the Pescarolo Judd on the inside of turn 2 heading towards the back straight and was promoted to third place overall.

But it was short lived as the Pescarolo Judd decided to take third place back away from me using the slipstream to get passed, I did not decided to challenge and instead let the Pescarolo pass me as I held back. I knew I had to play mind games against the Le Mans cars and just time my move to beat them.

suzuki-close-up-lap-5.jpg

By the time we got to the fourth split before turn three, only 0.00.192 covered the top four, this was going to be a tight finish as the all pit crews including mine were all nervous and could not watch as this going to be a photo finish. Then the lead switched again, as out of turn three and heading into turn 4, with the AMG Mercedes decided to take its chances and go on the inside and took the lead away from the Peugeot 905. Things just got a little complicated and knew I had to go for the lead now and it turned to a double or bust situation.

dash-to-the-line.jpg

Then I turn into aggressive mode and decided go round to pass Crystal’s Pescarolo Judd on the outside of turn 4 heading to the finishing line, but she was playing dirty and ramming against me but I was not having any of it. Then I decided to ram what was last remaining of my NOS power boost as the Pescarolo Judd was left to dust as I passed Rav and she gave the finger at me as I passed, but I ignored her as I was now gunning for the win.

suzukiovertakesjudd_lap5.jpg

It was now three down and two to go, as I was chasing the Peugeot 905 and the AMG Mercedes for the win, I could sense I could beat the girls, pocket 20,000 and win that concept car I was always dreaming been of. I was still ramming the NOS as the Suzuki was building up to 240mph, I could vision for the win as the car was pulling 2g down the curves as I felt the speed right down to my body.

Then with the speed advantage, I was able to pass the Peugeot 905 on the outside into second place just before the entrance of the pit straight and it was now the Suzuki vs. the AMG Mercedes for the race win. The finish line was just metres away and every moment was getting closer and closer as we were racing for the finish line.

suzukiovertakes905_lap5.jpg

Once again, I was holding the winning hand against a most worthy adversary and a monumental victory was inevitable. While the pit crews were all on the side waiting for the result, the tension was unforeseeable, as no one could not bear watching this gripping race.

All four cars were streaming pass to the finish line and the chequered flag person was out waving the finishing flags as I could see it barely in the left corner of my eye. I had one last bit of NOS left corner as we were all nose-to-tail, the classic 1998 Le Mans car was rolling toward the finish thinking it was going to win, the modern concept Suzuki car was charging to pass on the outside and I was not giving up. The overpowering acceleration of this lightweight car equipped with a NOS canister, which had at one time thoroughly my female friends doubted and thought I was a loser would now become their downfall.

Heading towards the line, the AMG Mercedes was ahead by just inches and Chantel thought this race was in the bag. I had one last trick up my sleeve, as I still had enough NOS to overtake right in the last minute and said, “It’s not over until it’s over!!!!” as I was ramming the last bit of power I had in this car and giving it all what I have got.

racetotheline1.jpg

As we went across the line, the world stopped, my hearted pounded, and for a split second everything slowed down and my senses were all numb as it felt I was like in bullet time mode like the Matrix.

To the sign of my relief, I managed to win by just 0.00.005 of a second as it appeared on my HUD from the AMG Mercedes who finished in second by inches…what a close race I thought. I won by a bumper’s width and done it, I won against a series of Le Mans cars and won in style by one of the closest margins I have raced.

racetotheline2_finish.jpg

The news filtered through to the paddock as my team were in frenzy mode as they celebrated in style as I beat a series of Le Mans cars by fractions of a second, the other pit crews were in disbelief and could not believe it they got a drubbing by a concept car.

The AMG Mercedes finished second and Chantel was so disappointed she was swearing and cursing as she lost by 0.00.005 of a second from a 275bhp Suzuki. Meanwhile the Peugeot 905 finished third, just 0.00.074 down from me winning with Paula contend but same as Chantel, disappointed she could not win. The Playstation Pescarolo Judd finished in fourth, just 0.00.149 away from a win and Crystal was upset that she was only 0.00.075 of a second away from a podium finished. The girls were all disappointed and knew the lost the bet and were all sunk in their hearts and minds as they had to swallow their pride. Whilst on the slowing down lap, In the end, I was laughing and was so happy inside the car, that I was tapping the car's dashboard as I was giving it a good pat on the back. In fact I shouted to myself to them "Yipee Cai-yay SUCKERS!!!!!!" as I had the most biggest grin on my face as were slowing down and heading back into the pits.

finish_grid.jpg

After race chatter:​

As soon as we got back to the paddock, my pit crew all gave me praise as I got out the car managed to climb on top of the Suzuki and do a Frankie Dettori style jump off the car bonnet as I raised my fists in the air for sure delight. I found out that the top four were only separated by just 0.00.149 for a second and it was a dam close race right to the end. In fact when I review the tape, it was a close race and over 10 million people watched the finish on tv.

Then Rav, Amy, Crystal, Chantel and Paula all waited for me in pit lane, could hardly believe what had just happened, and could only smile as I could see the disappointment in their eyes. I thanked them for the opportunity to set this challenge before me and told them that I had never been through such a difficult challenge before. They were easy about it and asked me to join their team after that drive, but I kindly declined stating I would rather do it my way but would always accept a challenge from you lot again.

I pocketed the twenty grand as quickly as it was presented to me, a gold trophy and the girls handed me the keys to a brand new Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept 2001 car in orange that money could not buy as my reward. It was a truly remarkable drive that I would never forget as I got into the VW Nardo car as I went back to the office adding another car to my ever-growing car collection.

VWnardoconcept.jpg

RACE RESULTS:

Pit stop strategies:

Nissan R92CP Race Car ’92 – Lap 3
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car ’98 – Does not pit
Pescarolo Courage C60/Peugeot Race Car ’03 – Does not pit
Peugeot 905 Race Car ’92 – Does not pit
Playstation Pescarolo C60/Judd Race Car ’04 – Does not pit
Suzuki GSX-R/4 ’01 – Does not pit

Results:

Suzuki GSX-R/4 ’01 – 8’34.704, 33.3 miles covered
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car ’98 – +0’00.005
Peugeot 905 Race Car ’92 – +0’00.074
Playstation Pescarolo C60/Judd Race Car ’04 – +0’00.149
Nissan R92CP Race Car ’92 – about 30 seconds down
Pescarolo Courage C60//Peugeot Race Car ’03 – about 45 seconds down

Finishing result times

Suzuki GSX-R/4 ’01 – 8’34.704
AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car ’98 – 8’34.709
Peugeot 905 Race Car ’92 – 8’34.778
Playstation Pescarolo C60/Judd Race Car ’04 – 8’34.853
Nissan R92CP Race Car ‘92
Pescarolo Courage C60//Peugeot Race Car ‘03

Fastest lap: 1.44.444 (Lap 4 – Suzuki GSX-R/4 ’01)

Hope you have enjoyed reading this race report and views and comments are welcome, until next time…this has been a race report supplied by MYNAMEISSPORT.

Update...

Race report done, I might update it again to add some bits in. Though on my computer, this thread is tending to crash my pc...don't know why. Might create a new thread from blank if this keeps occurring.

Anyway comments and views welcome and if you like it, tick the race report thread (post 3) if you want to give +rep.

Thanks

Good report & pictures. Very close racing and a win! 👍
:cheers:

Alas, the dreaded "you must spread around rep" haunts me.
I'll be back.

AMG.

Excellent report, like AMG. I'm hampered by the "You must spread...."
message again, but I'll be back. :grumpy:
Some of the pictures are a littly blurry for my liking, one or 2 blurry ones to give a sensation of speed are fine, but some are just too fuzzy. :indiff:
All in all a great piece of work though! 👍

Thanks guys for the reviews so far.

I forgot to mention, but this is my first race report with pictures on so I am new to the concept of using images in race reports. To SH, I will improve on those pictures on later race reports and take the feedback on what you have given me for future reports.

As well I will probably do the images on photoshop a bit and probably use the clone tool to get rid of the watermark if it is possible. As well I am thinking of doing a low res picture version of race reports as well as the pictures I am going to do for my next set of race reports, so it will be accessible to people who have slow connections.

Another note I have only written 5 race reports so far and have joined GTP since April this year, even though I do have a premium membership, I am a relative newbie around here. But I can also improve over time.

By the way.... on another thing.....

Congratulations on British Formula 1 driver Lewis Hamilton winning his first grand prix on his debut season, six races in and scoring six podiums in a row. As well, lucky that Robert Kubica survived that 180mph crash and escaped serious injury in the Canadian Grand Prix, hope he gets better soon.

Thanks for the comments and views so far, and keep them coming.

Cheers

Oh. My. Goodness. I love this little car, but I didn't think it could win this race. This is another event I will have to add to the list of 200 ASpec races that the GSX-R/4 can win. (I have used this car pretty extensively for good fun throughout the game. Lookie HERE for my review.)

Good report and thanks for the inspiration to attempt a new challenge! 👍

I once tried winning it in a fully modified Lotus Motorsport Elise, it went up to 220mph until it ran out of NOS and dropped to 180.

Old thread, but...very impressive! Didn't think the GSX-R could do it! And in style too...I've never had a finish that close.

I've tried Like the Wind with the Subaru Impreza Spec-C and that was enough of a challenge in itself...I had to use all of the NOS up just to catch up to the pack at the start, so passing the cars at the end was especially tricky!

Good race, good report, +REP for sure. Keep it up! 👍

waw, great write-up! nice background story :sly: but i would make a different bet with 5 girls at this point.

and cool pictures too! some of them are too fuzzy though, as mentioned.

that was invigorating...I always love a good race...thank you so much for sharing this...as soon as I get home I goin for in my 05 mustang...

Oh. My. Goodness. I love this little car, but I didn't think it could win this race.
I once tried winning it in a fully modified Lotus Motorsport Elise, it went up to 220mph until it ran out of NOS and dropped to 180.
Don't laugh, I just won the race with my Ginetta G4:

As I've done the FWD challenge, I thought I'd try to use as little hp as possible to win it, and it worked. It is tuned to the max though, but still giving out only 234 horses. :crazy:
:D

👍👍👍 very good, i've go a closer win, but it was the fourth slipstream mission and you were in an inferior car against le Mans worthy beasts. Anyway, the time was (for me) 5:52.999 and the guy in 2nd was 5:53.000. I've got video proof on my mobile, but I don't know how to get it on here.

over and Out
Vista

Back