GT 5 - Events

  • Thread starter Thread starter benjani86
  • 21 comments
  • 2,568 views
Messages
15
Messages
benjani1986
Is it me, or does it feel like there are less events in GT5 than in previous? I remember when each car manufacturer had their own event, and it seemed like there were more events to choose from in the races section? Do more events appear when you reach higher levels?

Also, what is the benefit in completing the licenses? Do you need to be have a certain license to enter races later on?

Lastly, I've not started the B-spec stuff yet - Is it good? What are your opinions?

Cheers,

B
 
I'm quite glad there are no manufacturer races. One of the things that frustrated me about those in previous editions was that I had to keep buying rubbish cars just to complete a single one-make race. Yawn.

Don't forget (once they sort the service out), GT5 is online!
 
I'm also a bit disappointed with this, I havent even touched A-spec yet.

Done all my licences and a lot of Special Events because I am worried it wont take me long to get through the A-spec events thus having nothing to do.

B-spec doesnt appeal to me at all so will be forced to do that at some point i guess.
 
I've never really needed anything to do in a GT game aside from collect cars, and that's likely to take longer than ever. There are plenty of tracks, so more events would just mean racing in the same places more often... I'm gonna be doing that anyway. Which particular event I'm in doesn't make much difference.
 
Yes the game has very few events compared to previous GT games and a paltry amount compared to Forza 3.

Not only that but a lot of events have less races in them too with quite a few having one paltry track.

Why oh why?

The problem is that we now have 1,000 cars and a lot of them can only race in a couple of events, which means that they can't even race on all the tracks, unless you use arcade mode and get no credits.

I'm glad you have raised this. I really don't understand why more people aren't peeved at this.
 
Its because i am still unsure if this is really all we get. i am lvl 17 and was hoping it looks diffrent in the upper classes.

I also thought there will be way more special events to unlock since the last ist at 16 oder 17. I thought there will unlock more.. i mean we can get to 40! I hope we dont have to grind more then a couple levels maybe.. not the half!
 
From memory the A-Spec events stop at lv25, but we know you can get up to lv40 - I'm pretty sure there's going to be a fair few more events that we haven't seen yet.
 
I'm glad you have raised this. I really don't understand why more people aren't peeved at this.

Simply because we don't all have the same needs from the game.

The lack of events doesn't bother me one bit, I never finished all the ones in GT4 or GT3 (GT and GT2 would be the only ones I did that in).

My main focus for the GT series has always been around tuning and hot lapping, the lack of financial rewards didn't bother me one bit.

Its for that reason I am far more bothered by the fact that I can't current tune individual gear ratios that a lack of race events (particularly as on-line at least helps in that regard a little).


Scaff
 
Simply because we don't all have the same needs from the game.

The lack of events doesn't bother me one bit, I never finished all the ones in GT4 or GT3 (GT and GT2 would be the only ones I did that in).

My main focus for the GT series has always been around tuning and hot lapping, the lack of financial rewards didn't bother me one bit.

Its for that reason I am far more bothered by the fact that I can't current tune individual gear ratios that a lack of race events (particularly as on-line at least helps in that regard a little).


Scaff

That's fair enough, but by the same token one has come to expect a lot of events in a GT game for those (like me) who would wish for them.

Likewise, not tuning gear ratios doesn't bother me in the slightest as I'm not a tuner (which is why I liked Forza's system of "buying other peoples tunes - who can do it properly), but I can empathise that tuners such as yourself would expect this in a GT game also!

I think both your points and mine are valid and both should be inherent in the game :) I would imagine that the current omission of leaderboards for hot lapping would also cause you concern. I just don't think that with a game 5 years in the making that "they will come later" is really sufficient.

I'm not a Forza fanboy (i'm an old man lol), but I have a love for both Forza and GT. I used to prefer GT and to be honest really believed that GT5 would blow Forza 3 out of the water, especially as I was disappointed with the pathetic matchmaking system in Forza 3. Sadly though GT5 has not lived up to my expectations and there are a lot of things missing that I expected and hoped for this release. :(
 
Has anyone finished all the events yet? I haven't unlocked the Extreme races (Lvl 18) but I was thinking more events might appear at some point, similar to Prologue. I'm at ~30% completion and only have the Extreme events, half the Expert, one event in Professional, and about 1/3 of the special events left. There is either a lot of events in Extreme, or there is something I have not seen yet.
 
Has anyone finished all the events yet? I haven't unlocked the Extreme races (Lvl 18) but I was thinking more events might appear at some point, similar to Prologue. I'm at ~30% completion and only have the Extreme events, half the Expert, one event in Professional, and about 1/3 of the special events left. There is either a lot of events in Extreme, or there is something I have not seen yet.

You have the Endurance tier to unlock (level 25 I think).

And have you done the licence tests yet?
 
You have the Endurance tier to unlock (level 25 I think).

And have you done the licence tests yet?

Just need my Super.

So Endurance appears at some point? With the amount of time I have put in, there seems to by plenty of events with still 70% left.
 
Simply because we don't all have the same needs from the game.

The lack of events doesn't bother me one bit, I never finished all the ones in GT4 or GT3 (GT and GT2 would be the only ones I did that in).

My main focus for the GT series has always been around tuning and hot lapping, the lack of financial rewards didn't bother me one bit.

Its for that reason I am far more bothered by the fact that I can't current tune individual gear ratios that a lack of race events (particularly as on-line at least helps in that regard a little).


Scaff

im right with u on that one!! im annoyed i cant adjust the ratio seperately, money wise i just grind so i dont care which event as i also never finish any gt games, i just love love 2nd hand cars, i been collecting so much from gt4, so yeahh..i just want more 2nd hand cars to be preimum so i can change rims
 
I'm quite glad there are no manufacturer races. One of the things that frustrated me about those in previous editions was that I had to keep buying rubbish cars just to complete a single one-make race. Yawn.

Don't forget (once they sort the service out), GT5 is online!

But aren't there one-make races in practice mode?:nervous:
I thought I saw them there.
 
There are one make races, I don't think you win anything from them though. I seem to remember being able to win good mods of cars by winning the manufacturer races...Maybe I won't miss it in future, but I quite liked competing in them!
 
At the end of the day it comes down to whether you like having sets of events to compete in or not.

If you do then this game is lacking in this respect. It is possible to race any car on any track by using arcade or practice, but that does not net you credits.
 
Just need my Super.

So Endurance appears at some point? With the amount of time I have put in, there seems to by plenty of events with still 70% left.

I think the reason you may have 70% left is if you have not touched B spec. My percentage has gone up significantly after doing some B spec races
 
I think the reason you may have 70% left is if you have not touched B spec. My percentage has gone up significantly after doing some B spec races

I think you are right. I hadn't thought about that. I don't really have any interest in B-Spec.
 
I guess GT5 will be jumping on the DLC bandwagon as well anyway...I can see new events being delivered in that form as well...In which case, I can see this being an expensive game!
 
At the end of the day it comes down to whether you like having sets of events to compete in or not.

If you do then this game is lacking in this respect. It is possible to race any car on any track by using arcade or practice, but that does not net you credits.

This is not about credit, for me, in this case. It's about Challenge. There are hundreds of cars that you can buy and drive alone, but make no sense to drive in existing events. I'd like to drive a given old underpowered car and have to make the best out ot it, with a performance point to reach. GT5 waste a big part of its own car content.
 
I totally agree. It's nice earning the credits to buy an amazing car for 20,000,000, but it's more fun squeezing every drop out of a clapped out Golf..
 
Yes the game has very few events compared to previous GT games and a paltry amount compared to Forza 3.

Not only that but a lot of events have less races in them too with quite a few having one paltry track.

Why oh why?

The problem is that we now have 1,000 cars and a lot of them can only race in a couple of events, which means that they can't even race on all the tracks, unless you use arcade mode and get no credits.

I'm glad you have raised this. I really don't understand why more people aren't peeved at this.

These are exactly my thoughts. With 1000 cars and after 6 years, one would expect a nearly unlimited amount of different events to take place in.

The special events are a very good addition but once again they have removed more things than they've added when compared to GT4 which is beyond me.

I can understand the limitations of standard cars and fewer tracks but I just don't get why it's so hard to create more events in a series where content has always been one of the most vital parts.
 
Back