GT 5's Lost Opportunities

  • Thread starter Thread starter RKip
  • 26 comments
  • 3,313 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
49
Wow... after getting to the Endurance series section of GT5 I thought WTF... do these guys even pay attention to what the Real World of Racing!!!!


So many short series/challenges along the way but then in the endurance section... that blew me away... here is my point.

Endurance Series where are the following:

Daytona 500 - Hello... certainly one of the most Famous / Top Ten Racing Events in the Real World -- Not Found

Rolex 24 Hour Race at Daytona OK, drop the Rolex if that's an issues... but come on... this race has many Big Stars in it in the Real Racing World and is certainly a Top Ten Racing Event.

Brick Yard 400 Certainly with the Indy Track this could have been a good event/race.

Note: I'm not a NASCAR Fan, but I do think GT5 did a great job with the NASCAR cars and these two adder would have put them in the Endurance series, after all they are like 12 different NASCAR Premium car models...LOL


Other Series Challenges that could have different more races for example:

The American Challenge...:

Why no races at the Indy and Daytona Road Courses... I mean WTF... only two events in this series and here are two tracks not included yet in the game, Come On Poly... wake up!!!!!

Of course there are many other opportunities lost in GT5 like in the European Series and the Touring Car Championship, track/events to few. I would understand if they were short on track, but its like they just threw these together.. !

Another great example id the "In the Wind Series" only Two Tracks, Indy Oval and Daytona Road Course... WTF! Would it not had made perfect sense to put these cars on Suzuka, and maybe the Indy Road Course or Cote.

Anyway, I wonder if these events can be added in a patch, or if they would add them. Such a shame since the events in GT5 are so random and thrown together... all the expensive fantastic cars, (though some of the best are Standard) with so few racing events and some many great events that were left out!

What do you guys think?
 
Honestly? I think you care too much.
 
Apply for a job at PD and then fix it for us please?

Monaco in 'Like the wind'? You must be joking. 'Like the winding' more likely XD
 
I play GT5 mostly for the endurance races, and I'm dissapointed in the options in GT5 as well.

We just need more events to run in, doesn't matter what type.

And seriously, to the GT5 fanboys- you're not helping make this a constructive discussion by any means.
 
monaco!:-) sound more *like the breeze*!!
 
Why no races at the Indy and Daytona Road Courses... I mean WTF... only two events in this series and here are two tracks not included yet in the game, Come On Poly... wake up!!!!!

I'm more appalled that the road course layout at Indy is the old one! It changed 3+ years ago and this layout should have been the one in the game!
 
As there's an infinite amount of opportunities and only a finite amount of time to implement, there will be infinite amount of missed opportunities. Therefore this thread will be rather long (infinite).
 
This game does not need more NASCAR. All that would happen is you'd constantly be getting pitted on lap 400 instead of lap 10.
 
I certainly do nt want to zip round daytona for longer than I need to, Thanks PD for not putting daytona endurance as I would eventually kill myself.
 
I'm more appalled that the road course layout at Indy is the old one! It changed 3+ years ago and this layout should have been the one in the game!

Actually the track never changed at all!

Indy added the Moto GP track, which is used for the Red Bull Moto GP races... however, I do not think this would be for the F1 class if it were returned to Indy, which we know will never happen.

Now, that being said, I would have liked the Moto GP track as well in the game!

Guys with respect to my original post, thanks for simply commenting on the post subject and not attacking me personally for simply stating my opinion like other member. So glad the best replies told me to go work for PD (guess that holds for all members here ever suggest an improvement).

Also, I would rather have a NASCAR race like Daytona vs doing two freaking marathon races at Tsukuba, what a freaking joke!

I was simply attempting to create some conversation with respect to events that could be in GT5 since the track was in the game. So again, thanks for such in-depth comments guys!
 
lol
I've only heard of the "Daytona 500" the two others you mentioned are completely new to me :P
 
There are WAY more lost opportunities for GT5 that some endurance races...
 
Daytona 24 Hours being missed is pretty stupid.....afterall 330 P4's greatest triumph comes at that race....and subsequently 365 GTB 4 was named Daytona for that reason(also missing in game).....

I am surprised at the lack of usage of the Indy road courses, I guess you only use that track in one of the license test(350Z?) and the Formula GT race....
 
lol
I've only heard of the "Daytona 500" the two others you mentioned are completely new to me :P
That would probably be because they are American series. OP apparently wants GT5 to feature nothing but American endurance races.
 
How about PD making the Indy 500 endurance consist of prototypes and not open wheel cars.

How stupid and insulting

Thats like adding a Daytona 500 endurance full of Super GT cars

And dont get me started on 13 total hours of endurance racing at the cracker box Tsukuba track
 
To call 24 hours of Daytona as an American race only(well, it is now, but not used to be) would be like calling 24 hours of Le Mans a French race only....Ferrari, Porsche, Jaguar, Nissan, Toyota...etc used to compete there regularly....Some of the rarest classic cars bares the name of the track...Ferrari Daytona, Shelby Daytona Cobra....etc...
 
That would probably be because they are American series. OP apparently wants GT5 to feature nothing but American endurance races.

I'd take European endurance races, too.

Can't knock the 24hr of Daytona, though!
 
Yea some of the championships should be longer, the american champ could be longer and there where several other 1 race events I noticed that could be improved upon.

Cote in Like the wind? The idea of the championship is fast cars on fast tracks for which Cote is one of the tightest and slowest tracks in the world. A possible addition would be ssr7.

There are many many different possibilities for more races and endurances but as mentioned before in the thread. I've only heard of two of those events mentioned and both are on the same track, I am glad that there is only one Daytona based endurance race considering the total amount of endurances there is.
 
So, we can all agree...

We just need more events!
 
To the OP.

I agree with you on more races could have been added, not sure i want to do left turns for 3 hours but would have loved to see the 24 Hour Race at Daytona. Also love the idea to add the Daytona and Indy road courses to the American Championship, hell you could add both speed way setups also and have a nice 6 race series. A lot of wasted opportunities left out.
 
Actually the track never changed at all!

Indy added the Moto GP track, which is used for the Red Bull Moto GP races... however, I do not think this would be for the F1 class if it were returned to Indy, which we know will never happen.

Now, that being said, I would have liked the Moto GP track as well in the game!

Guys with respect to my original post, thanks for simply commenting on the post subject and not attacking me personally for simply stating my opinion like other member. So glad the best replies told me to go work for PD (guess that holds for all members here ever suggest an improvement).

Also, I would rather have a NASCAR race like Daytona vs doing two freaking marathon races at Tsukuba, what a freaking joke!

I was simply attempting to create some conversation with respect to events that could be in GT5 since the track was in the game. So again, thanks for such in-depth comments guys!

Actually the Indy Road Course did go through minor change to accommodate MotoGP races specifically at turn 9 to 10. Instead of the curve between 9 and 10, it's now just a simple straight line connecting turns 9 and 10. And the tree that was there (and which was probably the reason why the initial curve), it's gone.
 
NASCAR got a lot of love in this game as much (if not more) than the Super GT series. Much more compare to say any of the European series (how the didn't put an r15 or even include a decent set of premium DTM cars is beyond me, not even a good set GT1 (now defunct but still had some epic cars besides the Corvettes)/2/3 cars.) So besides the 24hr Daytona event I don't think the American motor sport audience can complain.
 
I agree with the randomness in the way all the races are setup. You can go in order to challenging one class type of race and then after you beat that, you get super easy races where you can enter a super powered car to beat cars not even half as fast. If it seems like it was just thrown together, then it probably was. Quite a few aspects of this game seems rushed. I would have loved a whole championship series for each specific class like in the GT's from before. Just think how cool it would be to have a section of races catered to certain types of cars and classes rather then these petty little odd ball races. For example, GT300-GT500 (JGTC), Le Mans series (not just 24h), Touring Series (GT1-2-3 Cars), Formula series (F1), etc. Hell, I even miss the one make races they used to have in the dealerships (now only in arcade). Who the hell actually plays arcade mode besides for testing?! There's a lot that would have been simple for them to throw together but didn't happen. Simply put, the racing events needed someone to look over them, organize, and execute. Seems like they were short handed in this department, and don't get me started on who was responsible for the terrible prize cars. It would be great if a patch could come out and add some new race series that pits similar cars and classes to each other for more of a real challenge (for both the player and AI). It's no fun seeing the Team Orca Dodge Viper limping around in a crowd of super fast Group C race machines or vice versa. It's odd that they went through all the trouble to add a memo worth of info on each car and it's origins that you can read about, but not put the detail into setting up a race series system that made more (historic) sense.

On a side note, this game would be terribly short if it wasn't for the leveling system forcing players to grind and redo races for exp to enter the next set of races (most noticed in endurance races). If the leveling system wasn't there, I could have beaten A spec in a week or less.
 
Actually the Indy Road Course did go through minor change to accommodate MotoGP races specifically at turn 9 to 10. Instead of the curve between 9 and 10, it's now just a simple straight line connecting turns 9 and 10. And the tree that was there (and which was probably the reason why the initial curve), it's gone.

Ok, great info... I went to the first GP race, great race, didn't notice the slight changes, good eye!
 
Gt5 is lacking in events in general, nevermind the missing Endurance races, WHERE ARE OUR RACES?
 
Thanks guys, this is the comments I was looking for, to see if folks agreed, I know we can not do anything, but WTF!

Also, I didn't mean only NASCAR events, that was just examples, that I thought were obvious! Grant it, I have no idea why two races at ****Suzka is a good idea...LOL!

All I was pointing out was that they put no thought into the events and tried to have them make sense and be fun!

Like the Laguna 200 I just ran, 90 laps against a Taurus Sho, a 91 Camaro, and Dodge SRT 4 and a couple Vipers and vettes... WTF, I'm in a converted Camaro 69 in a 90 lap race against common street cars, in the final section of the game, still racing Street Cars! Killing ME!
 
I am hoping they add more tracks in the future. Even if we have to pay...$10-15 for a track pack or whatever. There are some (IMHO) glaring omissions in this area.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back