GT 6 has three cars designed exclusively for Nazis

• Thread starter gl3nb0ts
  • 7 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought this was kind of odd. Yes I'm aware they were in older GTs as well.

The Auto Union Streamliner was built for Nazi propaganda purposes: http://www.roadandtrack.com/features/web-originals/bernd-rosemeyer-hitlers-270-mph-racing-hero

And of course the Schwimmwagen and Kubelwagen:

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-721-0372-13A%2C_Frankreich%2C_Offiziere_in_Schwimmk%C3%BCbel.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-022-2926-07%2C_Russland%2C_Unternehmen_%22Zitadelle%22%2C_VW_K%C3%BCbelwagen.jpg

Definitely, um, interesting...

I think it's a way to remind us that vehicles have a lot to in common with recent history (even the tragic part of it)

The Auto Union Type C Streamline might be an Bernd Rosemeyer tribute even if it didn't appeared in GT5.
I noticed that the car wasn't beter in term of graphics.

The VW Beetle was designed by Ferdinand Porsche as a request from Hitler himself. And it became one of the most successful cars in history.
The fact that they were built for the Nazi doesn't mean much. Although they did terrible things, it's undeniable their engineering was top notch, and the cars that are in the game are meant to represent that engineering. I don't think PD is trying to turn us all into Nazis. But I could be wrong...

What about Porsche... (Yeah RUF)...

Edit: sorry missed notStigs post... Hé already mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back