Gt-6 tuning so far online....

• Thread starter Tazz69
  • 3 comments
Tazzz69
Hey guys you all know me. I have spent about 10hrs tuning and here is what I have figured out. general tune to get your car around the track ONLINE with out spinning out. First the springs rates work different in GT6 than GT5.. A softer front and stiffer rear will make it oversteer.. A stiffer front spring than rear will tighten the car up. Adding camber to either the front or rear will loosen or tighten it up. For max grip I have been running no camber in front or rear. But testing if I add camber in the front it pushes. If I add camber in the rear it loosens the car up. I have been using both roll bars on 7 believe it or not. But they work like springs smaller bar in the front than rear oversteer. Smaller bar in the rear than front understeer. But a difference of 1 or two clicks in front or rear makes the car do funky things. front toe I havent played with much yet and anything under 80 for ride height front and rear my cars dont like. But I do have +2 bigger wheels than stock and they could be hitting the inside of the finder. I have been tuning with a CSL so its a easy car to get an idea of what each thing does. Dampers I havent got play with either. I wanted to make sure before I spoke that what I was saying was what is going on in the game. So here is the tune or close to general idea I start out with every car to get it to go around the track decent. This has been all online as offline seems different like it did at first in GT5.

springs= 11.5/7.5
Ride height= 80/80
dampers comp 4/4
dampers ext 4/4
roll bars 7/7
camber= 0.0/0.0
toe= 0.0/0.0 or up to 0.20 ( to help tighten up car )
LSD= 10/15/10

Set just about any car up like this or with this idea in mind and you should be close enough to fine tune from there. Every persons spring rate and and ride height and roll bars will change a little but just TRY setting roll bars at max stiff set you front springs about 3 numbers more than your rear springs and so on and go drive the car online and see if its not at least driving ok... So CSLACR if you want your car to rotate more without using rear toe get the rear spring same as or more than the front. ADD rear camber try 4.0 the car will almost spin out going straight lol.. Or use a little bigger rear roll bar than the front and keep font camber at 0.0.. This has been done all online and its just to get you close. Im sure it can be tweeked and worked and with all the updates to come will change. But with these general settings you should be able to do more than a lap with out spinning out and enjoy the cars some.. Let me know what you experts find out..... Ohh this has been done with STREET cars only no aero.. Cant go online now as Playstation network is down but give it a try. it was done with all aids turned off except ABS..

0 camber for the most grip? Even on cars with a Mcpherson strut setup? Surely that can't be right.

Agree this sounds very wrong....dependent on the car and the track camber most certainly assists from what I've experienced thus far.....

Back