GT 7: AI pace changes according with tyre usage?

• Thread starter Nicktrix
  • 7 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
I noticed the AI cars pace changes when i use different tyres..

For example @ the WTC700 championship:

When i use race hard tyres with less hp the pace of AI cars is slower. I obtain 1st place at the start of lap 3.

When i use sport soft with more hp the pace of AI cars is faster. I obtain 1st place at lap 4 or 5 sometimes.

My laptime difference between the tyres is just seconds, so the AI must race at different speeds when i use different tyres..

Is this a known thing?

Wouldn't it be clearer to say they are faster when you have more hp and not try to find a backwards relation of their times to your tire usage?

IF there even is a relation.

I tested it.

Because of the better tires i'm faster in the corners and though with less hp i'm getting faster laptimes. The AI is more or less achieving the same times.

So, with worse tyres you're simply driving slower laps, there's nothing to say that the AI is any faster. You say your laptime difference is just seconds, but seconds is quite a big difference on most circuits.

You should time AI laps with different settings using the replays. Then work out averages over several tests and check for anomalies.

Last edited:
I noticed the AI cars pace changes when i use different tyres..
It is simply purely random.
The AI speed does differ from run to run, its not Sophy capable of running the same lap time each lap after the next.
On Lake Maggiore I took notes: the total time of the AI varried by 40 seconds between best and worst fastest AI finish. That is 1.3 seconds difference per lap

Heres a fresh example, again about 1 second difference per lap of the fastest AI.

1693048661458.png

1693048827941.png

1693048949282.png

1693049097897.png

1693049194198.png

So, with worse tyres you're simply driving slower laps, there's nothing to say that the AI is any faster. You say your laptime difference is just seconds, but seconds is quite a big difference on most circuits.

You should time AI laps with different settings using the replays. Then work out averages over several tests and check for anomalies.
I checked the total time for a race for AI and it's pretty much the same times..

So you're just slower because you're using slower tyres then...
-Slower tyres with more hp
-Faster tyres with less hp

To stay @ the 700pp requirements

Faster tyres with less hp gives me faster laptimes.. due to grip in corners probably

Back