• Thread starter Timppaq
  • 10 comments

Timppaq

Premium
Finland
Helsinki
GTP_Timppaq
Hi guys,

Do me a favour and test the JP demo. I have tested it and would love to see more of you guys do the same. I'll post my thoughts after I have a few guys to talk about this. Feel free to PM me too regarding this matter & your findings / feelings..

:cheers:

Thanks.. I know it's a bit hassle to make the JP account but hopefully a few of you see the trouble.

Please let's keep the discussion regarding this matter in this thread. 👍

/Timo

a US account is enough too with the US demo together. ;)

the topspeed at the finishline with the PAL version (red car) is never higher then 229 km/h, if you are lucky, maybe it will jump to 230 km/h. with the US demo, 230 km/h it´s normal. means, looks like the US and also JP version are a bit faster. :odd:

Thanks Rudi 👍

Actually I've noticed the same... not sure what it means but the figure that the speedo shows is definitely bigger in the JP demo (same with US as far as I know) here's 2 pics:

Pics are taken from the replay ending screen (where the screen is still for a split second before fading out) I'm fairly sure that the end of the both laps went as good as it is needed to get max speed to the sf line 👍

From JP 1'47.505 lap:

IMG_0174.jpg

From PAL 1'47.547 lap:

IMG_0177.jpg

The difference is in the demos, if there is a such thing. I've tested and using whatever accounts, the PAL speeds on the s/f line are lower. :confused:

I won't get into the feeling I've got from the physics yet.. but that's an interesting point as well to discuss.

Last edited:
i didnt try it but do you guys feel it faster!? 1km is enough to gain 0.5/0.1 easilly...

i think the corner 11 (the speed we achieve exiting) is not really determinant to get more speed in the end of the line because the way we deal with the last corner...
i mean.. if we had a good corner 11 exit, in the last corner the speed will increase up slower .. if we had a not that good corner 11 exit the speed will increase a bit faster because we dont need to turn that much the wheel to the right... so in the end we reach almost every times 229 in any situation... but never over 229.. hummm

thats an interesting point but its still hard to believe that PD made different demos... :confused:

i didnt try it but do you guys feel it faster!? 1km is enough to gain 0.5/0.1 easilly...

i think the corner 11 (the speed we achieve exiting) is not really determinant to get more speed in the end of the line because the way we deal with the last corner...
i mean.. if we had a good corner 11 exit, in the last corner the speed will increase up slower .. if we had a not that good corner 11 exit the speed will increase a bit faster because we dont need to turn that much the wheel to the right... so in the end we reach almost every times 229 in any situation... but never over 229.. hummm

thats an interesting point but its still hard to believe that PD made different demos... :confused:

Your input on this matter would be very welcomed. 👍 But take note that I've only done tests so far with the normal car..as I've driven it now 2 weeks straight :lol:

:cheers:

and yes, during those 2 weeks, I've never crossed the line over 230kmh in the PAL demo, but on JP demo I can do it on lap 1.

take also note:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3706534&postcount=17

and:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3715011&postcount=21

see? :(

ok Daniel just made a post with my thoughts... :) but Timo i wont try it, 1st because the terms.. you know.. i want to keep it 100% safe on this important competition and 2nd because my time to play is limited and i will take the last week only to get used with the DFGT... however ill keep my eye on this thread 👍

i think a portuguese player found something interesting... he told me that the drive line on takeuchi's laps dont go red at the braking points.. that could confirme that the demo isnt the same... there are some little diferences... :ouch:

Yep, I'm sure they're not the same.. regarding the driving line, I drove the .505 lap without the line and yet it is visible in the replay. This is not the case in the PAL demo. (see the above pics)

Generally about the feeling I've got from the demo; The driving just seems easier.. I manage to be far more consistent and the snappyness is quite a bit milder than in PAL.. it's very hard to specify what makes it like that but I give you few examples of what has happened during these tests:
(only driven the normal car so far)

- the little time I've spent with the JP demo, I've done .3xx T2 in a back to back laps numerous times.. never like that in the PAL demo, where I've spend over 100x more time.

- my friend Antti (Anaq) came here and tested the JP demo, and after 2 corners he was like wtf, something is wrong here.. And this is exactly the feeling that I got too when first time drove it. I understand that this is not very scientific method to measure anything, but after I've driven over 2 weeks straight the normal car I dare to claim that I can notice a difference if there is such a thing in the handling / physics.

What does this all mean? I don't know. But don't get me wrong here guys, I more than anybody would like to get a confirmation to the fact that the demo physics are 100% the same in all version. Then I could claim the .505 lap as my normal car time, which would put me a few places up on that board. But unfortunately I honestly don't feel I can do that.

If this all is true and the demos are different I can't see why would PD want to disgrace the other region by giving them "faster / easier" demo to compete with. All those hours spent by the players on the "easier" demo would be in vain. That would be the stupidest thing to do by PD/Sony by a long shot. Honestly I hope that isn't the case.

here's once more the pic I took to demostrate my general consictency with the JP demo. With the PAL I never have been able to repeat something like this:

IMG_0172.jpg

edit,

forgot to add that when Antti was here, he drove his personal best (at that point - .740, when the record was then .796) with the normal car.. given he was using unfamiliar rig, very little laps, etc., we were quite suprized, ...or maybe not so much after all.

Last edited:
that said...

thats really really strange now... lets just think that everything is alright and the Japanese are just faster.. i'd rather be in ignorance... PD couldnt do that to us... :ouch:

See, and everyone thought I was crazy when I suggested that the PAL and NTSC copies of GT5:P were different. It's good to see that PD at least fixed their previous error and made the NTSC copy the faster one this time so we slowpokes can keep up with you aliens. :lol:

Back