oink83

WRS Race Steward
Premium
United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
oink83
GT: Academy 2013 - Video Guides

Intro

I have been putting together guides taking you through a decent gold time for each sector "Practice", showing you the sector in full speed, then breaking it down corner by corner. I thought I would share them here in their own thread for people's viewing pleasure, and hopefully to help some guys out. So far all the times I have put up have been within the top 1000 worldwide at the time of doing them (some top 500 currently :D).

All sectors and the full lap are now included in this post. The full lap was down to about 1700th so not so great, but I don't really have any interest in GT:A final rankings so just getting the Gold for it was enough for me.

All 3 bonus events are now included too! 👍

Settings/Setup

The settings I have been using across all events are ABS: 1, all other other assists off.

I use the Logitech G27 wheel, FFB: 10.

Sector 1 - 34.454

Sector 2 - 41.631

Sector 3 - 25.270

Sector 4 - 34.364

Qualifier Lap - 2:22.289

Bonus Event 1 - 59.604

Bonus Event 2 - 1:09.657

Last edited:
Very good videos, i'm surprised no one commented on it. I even thought the thread was locked.

I was looking for lap breakdowns, and this is a great one. Don't have a capture card to do slow mo laps, so it was nice to see in your videos.

Thanks!

Very good videos, i'm surprised no one commented on it. I even thought the thread was locked.

I was looking for lap breakdowns, and this is a great one. Don't have a capture card to do slow mo laps, so it was nice to see in your videos.

Thanks!

Thanks alot, glad they could be of help.

Update:
  • Sector 4 has now been added. It was a bit further down the leaderboards than my last few sectors, but still within top 1000 and still displays a solid sector.

I may take a few days now before putting up a video for the full lap. I'd like to get a decent one and compared to short sectors, I can see it taking a bit more time to nail. I'll update here as soon as it is available.

Even thou i havent watched these as i have golded these relatively easy, its great to see your work helping others an it brightens up the Academy :)

The Full lap for the qualifier has now been added to the OP. That basically concludes the videos for GT:A, any feedback is much appreciated.

Great idea with that map Oink :)! Nice to see even more help towards the community and as always quality videos! 👍

I will now be including a lap (just brief, not fully broken down like previous) of each of the 2 Bonus "25th Anniversary Celebration" events. Bonus event 1 is already in the OP. This one actually came in 205th overall which is fairly pleasing although I understand not many people spend time on these :D

So the qualifiers are all over! How exciting.

Now these bonus events have "started" in terms of ranking, not quite sure how its different to before to be honest, but never mind. Bonus event 2 is now added to the OP, and soon to come is the NISMO GT-R GT3 Bonus event so stay tuned.

The final bonus event was uploaded, but there were some major issues, so going to re-upload tomorrow.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Back