GT Academy 2016

• Thread starter Lidfugh
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Lidfugh
Hi guys
When is gt academy contest going to start on playstation? It usually used to start on 21st of April but it hasn't yet.

I asked Nismo TV if the GT Academy will be on PS3 or PS4
from Nismo TV
"for now PS3, but PS4 plans are underway"

when is the start?
"news on that front soon"

GT Sport beta = GT Academy on PS4? yes,no or maybe?
"still TBC"
"But we would love to see GTA on PS4 at some point in the future"

Last edited:
with last years' flugplatz pancake flip over, it's curtains for Nissan on the Nurburgring.

I kinda got put off following it after witnessing the single biggest shafting I've seen in sporting competition in my life - that of poor old Josh M.

Met him randomly in a GT6 lobby once. What a decent, decent fella. I felt compelled to tell him in no uncertain terms how I felt about his treatment, and that even 'though I'd been putting off entering (always next year), I couldn't see myself bothering after witnessing that. I mean, what'd be the point if you knew it could all be for naught no matter how well you perform?

Nobody deserved a judgement like that, let alone him!

Sorry. Had to get that off my chest. When I hear the words, "GT Academy", this is what springs to mind and it sticks like 🤬 to a blanket.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Guess that's the problem when you rely on a Judges decision to win a competition, compared with coming first across the line.

Would there have been such an issue if all results were based on who came across the line first?
Which was not Josh.

The previous days rollover which put him on the back of the grid was just a case of "that's racing".

Agreed, but it had nothing to do with him, so his having to start last on the grid was not his fault.

The judges' decisions were meant to be, essentially, how each felt the drivers had performed during that last week. Josh had been the clear standout, IMHO, not only all along, but during that final week too. Their judgements here blew my mind; it was a no-brainer from where I was sitting.

I hear where you're coming from, Rob.

Latest Posts

Back