gt academy wont let me shift?

• Thread starter UpNOut
  • 7 comments
Canada
Canada
UpNOut
Hey ppl. Curious if this is a common problem , NY wheel works just fine in online lobbies and career. As soon as I go to the academy I cannot shift with paddles or the stick and I'm definitely not going to compete in automatic lol . abandoned race many times now and no success.. Feeling extreme cheated here

Yep G27 here too... It Works fine everywhere else in the game...AND I JUST tried using the ds3 and IT WILL work in the academy but the wheel will not ...ermagerd this is some kind of software malfunction not a hardware problem.

I wouldn't know where to begin, maybe by unplugging and replugging your wheel at the race menu? My shoulders are shrugged. I hope someone has the answer for you, but for now basic troubleshooting is about the best advice I have to give, which I'm sure you've already done.

Mhm i rebooted the whole sytem checked all my plugs but its only the academy that's the bizarre bit...I'll admit My wheel is thrashed I got rubber bands on my pedals.. Krazy glue on the servo gears and tape where my thumbs have worn the leather to nothing... But its working good as new anywhere else in the game ... So at least I'm not alone but if the problem isn't addressed in 3days, we don't even get a registered lap eh lol

Plug the wheel into the other USB port.

Also make sure that your DS3 controller is listed as Controller 1 on the XMB (and its LEDs on the back).

Nah it doesn't matter if ds3 is on/off or 1/2... Or what port the wheel is on... I just gave up.. Hahah I did run a 2:09 with the ds3 sitting on my shifter but it was awkward

T300RS user here and my TH8A shifter does not work within GT Academy...the paddles work fine. I've noticed a few cars fail to work with the TH8A when running seasonals (Ferrari 430 Scuderia is one maybe, or 458???), have not tried campaign Single Missions or events to further test.

Back