GT All-Star blues

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZZII
  • 9 comments
  • 426 views
Messages
559
Somebody ask me why I don't learn my lesson. Very competitive first 4 races with an RX-7 LM Race Car at 97X HP, then the oil goes out, the HP drops to 93X, and I lose every race afterwards by margins of 10+ seconds.

So why the hell did I try it with my ZZII that is as old as the hills and can get only 936 HP max? Because the car is amazing and was every bit as competitive as the RX-7 LM Race Car. Unfortunately, as I should have guessed, that just wasn't enough when the oil gave out. Again I win the first 4 and lose the next by 5 seconds, and quit in Rome Circuit while 14 seconds behind. Damn that oil! It forces me to choose between a competitive race series with a loss and torching the competition in a brand new 787B. It frustrates me that I can beat every race individually with ease in the ZZII, even with 50-60 less HP than the competition. But that the lack of an option to change oil can kill me in a close series.

Don't mind me...I'm just venting. Maybe I'll go back tonight and wreck them all with the 787B.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
 
The course that kills me is the infamous Test Course. Which car can win that one. I originally picked up the Clk touring car modded at 524hp but couldnt keep up with them.
 
Here's what I do for the long series: sandbag some extra powerups. If it's stock, I buy but don't install a stage 1 tuneup. Then, if I need it later in the series, I add it between races.

Don't forget the AI also seems to get a boost in the later races as well.
 
take the HP mods off the rx7 and you can do it easier... the AI will drop thiers too..
once you have won the first 4-5 races with the de-modded rx7 add the HP if you want just to throw them off...

you dont need all that HP m8
 
Many THANX to ving & neon_duke,
:D Haven't run that series in a while, but remember sharing ZZII's frustration. Will have to try it again with my newfound knowledge!!! Thanx again guys...UB57
:D
 
as always, glad to be of service ;)

see, i dont always post crap!! :P
 
Originally posted by Tercel_driver
The course that kills me is the infamous Test Course. Which car can win that one. I originally picked up the Clk touring car modded at 524hp but couldnt keep up with them.
The almighty ESCUDO!!
fierydevil.gif
 
really a car with that much HP shouldnt lose a race
on the later races in a championship the AI do seem to get a boost but also they start each and every race with a fresh car
ie no kms (or miles) on the clock, so they dont lose any Hp
 
Back