GT All Stars...Too Close

  • Thread starter Thread starter timf08
  • 7 comments
  • 1,936 views
Messages
82
United States
Buffalo, NY
Messages
itsgametime3121
So here is my vid. Last race of GT All Stars and I spill with 4/5 laps left :nervous:. I was about to quit and redo the WHOLE series but i decided not to and see if I could make a comeback...

EDIT: I needed Gold on this last race because I am positive that Silver would have left me short of points in the standings.
 
Last edited:
HaHa, Great finish!👍 were your tires wearing out?
 
I don't think so. They were holding up pretty good. I just laid on the throttle too hard on that first right-hander lol. My heart sank into my gut and I didn't want to think about restarting the whole series over. I kept racing because I thought I could make up a lot of ground on the front stretch and in those esses in the middle of the track.
 
I just had something similar happen on that corner, but I couldnt come back from it. Racing the Zonda R in the Dream Car, I actually managed to flip the car landing it on its roof and earning myself the "rollover" trophy. The strange thing is that I didn't even hit the kerb that hard, it was really strange!

I tried with all my might to recover too, but only managed to take 2nd place, that flip lost me around 20-25seconds, putting me 17 seconds behind with 4 laps left.

Nice comeback on yours though, great work.
 
Thanks man. I couldn't believe I actually caught the leader. Spun out on lap 4/5, then almost did the exact same thing on lap 5/5 on that same turn.
 
nice comeback.

I always find, in a video game or out on a real track, that lap times are always faster when chasing someone down vs trying to push hard alone out front.
 
That was way too close for comfort... lol... I can't believe you actually fought fair and used a Minolta for this race... lol... Nice comeback 👍
 
That was way too close for comfort... lol... I can't believe you actually fought fair and used a Minolta for this race... lol... Nice comeback 👍

Awesome video. I had a similar thing happen to me. Race 1 and 3 gold, 2 and 4 silver, and got pit maneuvered in race 5 by the AI on lap 4/5 when I was in 1st place. I wasn't able to recover, finished 6th and lost the championship by 20 points so I applaud your recovery whole-heartedly.

That said, if using a Minolta is fighting fair does that mean I'm a sick masochist for using a Zonda R without the turbo added? I've been trying for 6 days of playing and haven't put together a totally clean championship yet. The scenario I described was the closest I've come, but I'm sure I can do it eventually.
 
Back