GT Anywhere.

  • Thread starter Thread starter rob170702
  • 9 comments
  • 2,660 views
Messages
4
Messages
rob170702
Upon hearing about the GT Anywhere update that is coming in the future, I have been thinking about what it might mean to the game as we know it now...
I am thinking that the update for GT will probably coincide with firmware update 3.6 which brings "cloud" gaming to the ps3. GT Anywhere would almost have to do this for one to be able to run B spec races on other devices, as it would need to access our save file. If this is the case, then what will become of everyone's save file? Will all save files be "clouded"? This will put a halt to duping cars and credits I would think. Will we have an option to not "cloud" our GT Save file or will it be mandatory? Perhaps "clouded" save will open up the idea of an online "swap meet" where users can sell cars to other users. Maybe they could even implement an online GT Auction house where we can auction our cars off the the highest bidder?

This is my first post on the forum, although I've been reading here for about a month now. I was just wondering what the community thinks about this new GT Anywhere and what it will ultimately mean for the future of GT5.
 
What is "cloud" and "clouded" ?? I am a Yorkshireman and you know what is said about Yorkshiremen "They are strong in the arm and thick in the head,but if it is write in slang it is best left unread" .. So first please explain what they are thank you.
 
The "Cloud" is what many see to be the future of how a normal computer even works. No longer will PC's have massive hard drives, you just save eveything to the Cloud. You wont even need an operating system, the Cloud has ones built in and you pay for the one you want.

as for the OP, I dont see cloud gaming taking off with consoles for sometime yet. Too many bugs too iron out that I dont think dev's have had time to sort out.
 
the "cloud" is a term that describes storage, programs, software, and other computer-based data that is not physically ON your computer/PS3. Gmail is technically part of the cloud, since your emails do not reside ON your computer. Dropbox, Google docs, Flickr, and so on are all part of the "cloud"

It is rumoured that update 3.6 will add online storage of data and saves for playstation Plus subscribers. So your data can be stored online and you can access it from anywhere. But again, only for subscribers. I seriously doubt that Sony will make it mandatory to backup saves online.

as far as how this affects the game? I dunno if it will. I imagine it'll work a lot like Remote Play on the PSP, which does not need cloud storage. It just runs the game on the PS3 and sends the images tot he PSP screen via the internet. I bet that's how GT Anywhere will work. or something similar.
 
TommyWizard , so you mean in time i will have to upgrade my Fisherprice PC .. Oh heck just when i was getting use to it too.
 
Sounds cool. Similar to how fps and mmo games save your progress to game servers. Except with this you can access and manage your saves. Definately makes a smaller SSHD look very appealing.
 
This quote comes from the Joystiq website.

"..Gran Turismo Anywhere to launch in early February
by Andrew Yoon on Jan 17th 2011 12:00PM

First announced at Tokyo Game Show last year, Gran Turismo 5's long-awaited Remote Races feature is finally gearing up for launch. A tweet from series head Kazunori Yamauchi confirms an "early February" release for the update.

Formally known as "Gran Turismo Anywhere," Remote Races allow you to control B-Spec races from a PC or mobile device by logging onto the official Gran Turismo website. You won't be able drive, but you will be able to issue commands during the race to a virtual racer that levels up (and down) over time. While not particularly engaging, it is a good way of earning money to use towards better cars in-game."

If I have to log into the official Gran Turismo website from my android phone or laptop, then I am assuming the website must have a way to keep track of my b-spec progress, car garage that is on my playstation. They would have to keep a save somewhere, as it is highly unlikely that GT Anywhere is going to be able to access the info directly from anyone's playstation. This would have to work differently from the PSP's remote game play.
 
God...who thought this was anything anybody cares about?
I can see it now:

"press 1 to pace up...para espanol prensa dos"

"for an extra 25 cents we can spam pace up for you"
 
If I have to log into the official Gran Turismo website from my android phone or laptop, then I am assuming the website must have a way to keep track of my b-spec progress, car garage that is on my playstation. They would have to keep a save somewhere, as it is highly unlikely that GT Anywhere is going to be able to access the info directly from anyone's playstation. This would have to work differently from the PSP's remote game play.

It IS possible that they use a backed up save file, but that is a lot of complexity. they'd have to have servers that hold and update the game saves as well as machines to actually run the races. I guess it's possible, but i bet there's an easier way to do it.

To me, the best way is to have all users register their PS3 with the website, or with an App or program you download. When you log in, the app/program sends a little wake-up command to your PS3, which then launches the game and loads your data. It would mean that you can't turn off your PS3 (you probably could leave it in sleep mode, though), and you'll probably have to keep the GT5 disc in the machine. But frankly, that's not all that inconvenient for most users, and i'm sure that's a lot easier to implement for the developers.

Again, nobody's really sure how this works; we have to wait until more details are released. It could work either way. i aim to do just that.

But grinding B-spec in class would rock so hard.
 
The gamesaves (from what I've seen) only touch a meg (1MB).

If we do save it to the PD servers, they could compress it and that will save more room.


How I think it will work:

The players will have to sign up to the GT website, then they need to link the two accounts VIA GT5, not the website. Then the Website knows where to go to access the console (remeber the console needs to be ON to do this GT anywhere).

Either that, or they go cheap and have it done by IP Addresses or a user generated Input Code (Like: 2gtgh-tewq4-pwnu2 etc.)
 
Back