GT Auto Aero parts

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cärbä
  • 9 comments
  • 2,852 views
Messages
18
Messages
Caerbae
Is there a reason even the more legendary tuner cars (ie: Supra '97) can only have 3 different wings fitted on them?

I've only stumbled across a few cars that have Front/Rear parts available. Nothing with Extension yet.

Did anyone compile a list yet? Maybe one of the cars that don't seem interesting would be with aftermarket parts :)
 
The Supra is a standard car, so it only gets three wings. Only Premiums get front/back/extenstion parts. Some cars do get more aero parts than others. The '10 Camaro is one of the cars with a lot of options, for example.

Why some cars get more than others is beyond me though.
 
The wings (almost all of them) are so ugly that some of the cars I own, I don't even bother putting some on them. It looks like a cheap bolted wing that comes from the ghetto.
 
As MuoNiuLa said, only premiums get more than the three rear wings as options.

Ive been meaning to ask something about the premium wings for a while though: Do the higher ones offer more downforce than the ones close to the body? ie, on the Gallardo you can get either a 1' high black wing, a 6" high black wing, or a body color spoiler on the rear deck. Do they all offer the same amount of downforce adjustability?
 
As MuoNiuLa said, only premiums get more than the three rear wings as options.

Ive been meaning to ask something about the premium wings for a while though: Do the higher ones offer more downforce than the ones close to the body? ie, on the Gallardo you can get either a 1' high black wing, a 6" high black wing, or a body color spoiler on the rear deck. Do they all offer the same amount of downforce adjustability?

I second that question, I too have been wondering about the difference in performance with the different wings. I don't think I'm consistent enough driver to validate for myself.

And yea, some of the bigger wings are so ugly, I buy double cars to have one with wings and one without.
 
As MuoNiuLa said, only premiums get more than the three rear wings as options.

Ive been meaning to ask something about the premium wings for a while though: Do the higher ones offer more downforce than the ones close to the body? ie, on the Gallardo you can get either a 1' high black wing, a 6" high black wing, or a body color spoiler on the rear deck. Do they all offer the same amount of downforce adjustability?

All options for any given car are the same. ie: All wing styles available for the Gallardo give the same amount of downforce. Just pick the one you like the look of.
 
Thanks freedom, just want to make sure that buying the lower wings because they look better isnt cheating me out of any downforce...
 
Thanks freedom, just want to make sure that buying the lower wings because they look better isnt cheating me out of any downforce...

You can double check/prove this by just going into tuning, looking at the downforce options, then switching wings and checking again. Obviously that costs money though.

I haven't yet found a car (aside from race mod/race cars) that get any actual benefit from rear diffusers, front splitters or side skirts, those all seem to be aesthetic.
 
The wings (almost all of them) are so ugly that some of the cars I own, I don't even bother putting some on them. It looks like a cheap bolted wing that comes from the ghetto.

Pepboys wings :yuck:
 
Back