GT Auto help

  • Thread starter Thread starter cultfreak69
  • 16 comments
  • 1,192 views
Messages
65
Does washing your car actually do anything?
... :indiff: and has anyone noticed that on some front engine cars getting an oil change the tech rolls in under the front and out the back instead of just rolling in from the front and back out the same way... hhhmm I wonder why.
 
yes actually, washing your car and oil changing it does make a difference. if you do a really long endurance race, you will notice that your car is somewhat dirty, especially around the wheel wells(or at least you should). also, as like in gt3, the oil change/car wash trick still works. when you get a car, before you do anything to it(race, modify, or anything else), give it an oil change, and then a car wash. this should add 5 to 70 h.p., depending on how powerful your car is.
 
ya i wondered why too....... but i think i know why he does that. from my own experience, some cars have the oil plug farther back in the car. than in others. some cars such as MR cars have the engine slight back behind the front wheels(so you could say its in the mid of the car, hence the name). although it is still kinda weird why the mechanic does this, it may be a possible explanation.
 
4wd cars would have engine oil, and front and rear differentials to change. For 50 bucks, I better get a chassis lube at the least!
 
erik moenart989
yes actually, washing your car and oil changing it does make a difference. if you do a really long endurance race, you will notice that your car is somewhat dirty, especially around the wheel wells(or at least you should). also, as like in gt3, the oil change/car wash trick still works. when you get a car, before you do anything to it(race, modify, or anything else), give it an oil change, and then a car wash. this should add 5 to 70 h.p., depending on how powerful your car is.
It doesn't have to be before you tune it.
 
redfury
4wd cars would have engine oil, and front and rear differentials to change. For 50 bucks, I better get a chassis lube at the least!


I pay 54 bucks and I do it myself, most higher end cars run synthetic, and its around 5 dollars a quart.....plus a pricey filter, adds up quick
 
I don't really bother to much with it in GT4, when the oil light comes on I'll do it but its a rather annoying thing to worry about. So it the car wash thing, I only do it when the car is noticalby dirty. Supposedly the car wash add aerodynamic to the car but I don't see a differnece.

And its funny it cost you guys so much in Real Life, for me I take my truck to a shop and get it done for 19 bucks.
 
MR car means mid-engined...
That's to say the engine sits in front of the rear wheels.
So no surprise if the mech goes to the rear of the car to drain the oil :)
 
in the oil change the the tech went under the front on a Lancer Evo and rolled out the back(unless I was really tired..which could be the case since GT4 came into my grubby hands!) and the Lacer is not MR.
 
Maybe he changed the 4WD system's diff oils too then? 💡
 
the tech also rolls under the front and out the back, with my r32 skyline, r34 skyline, and my STi WRX, I thought it was kind of weird.
 
glacier985
the tech also rolls under the front and out the back, with my r32 skyline, r34 skyline, and my STi WRX, I thought it was kind of weird.

4wd cars have engine oil and front and rear differential oil to change, which is why on 4wd's he rolls out the back. At least I think they do, he does the same thing with my Evo 1. Yes I said Evo 1.
 
Then he should roll out the back on every FR car also. Rear drive cars have rear differentials, which have oil in them ;-)
 
I think the guy is a wizard or something. He should have to pop the hood to pour new oil in, but he never does that.

And in real life, I use synthetic and motorcraft filter=a bit over $20 for me to change my own oil. But I put a lotta miles on it and only can change it when I get a chance, which is always over 5k miles (never actually watch mileage, hard so not sure how far exactly). Oil always comes out nearly as clean as it went in. :)
 
As for me, when I roll into the gas station, I top off my gas, and fill up my oil. . . . never has a chance to GET dirty!

God bless the 12A
 
its sorta strange all 4wds and a few other cars he does it im sure theres a reason i've seen him roll under the back and out the front now that i think of it...cant think of whch car it was and dont wanna oilchange all 86 of em to remember
 
Back