GT Auto... What is the car wash for?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gran_Turismo
  • 11 comments
  • 2,669 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
250
United States
Desert
Seriously... What is it used for? To watch an animation?

I am asking because I find it moronic how I've been playing this game since the first day it came out and I have not seen a single one of my cars gets a spec of dirt on them or lose color to indicate the need for wash.

This so far is first completely useless feature I can think of in the game, since it serves no real purpose.

I remember seeing a video of a McLaren F1 driving around the Dry Lagoon and it had a lot of dirt of on, yet in the final game I haven't seen this visual anywhere!

I guess its just another feature that PD decided wasn't worth actually putting in the game, because you know, cars getting dirty while driving around in a game just really isn't important to the realism intergrity of the game at all, so...

Meh...

Has anyone seen their cars get dirty? If so, then I guess I have a bad GT5 copy. *shakes head*
 
Apparently, after thousands of miles, if you wash your car it improves aerodynamics.
 
In a other thread someone posted a picture of a car before and after the car wash. The differance was definantly noticable when next to eachother.
 
To quote Mr Susan, "Look at them shine, look at them shine, look at them shine".
 
This has been asked before - Search!

It's probably the way you linked it, but I find it quite funny that when you click your link... The page that comes up says "Sorry no results" thereby completely ruining your post! :p
 
It's probably the way you linked it, but I find it quite funny that when you click your link... The page that comes up says "Sorry no results" thereby completely ruining your post! :p

Probably. It's because searches are "indexed", and mine has obviously either expired or was never meant for linking anyway...

It's pretty easy to search for "car wash" though, if you wanted to - I would always recommend the advanced search, even for "simple" searches, because it displays the results in a far better format, one that is coherent with the rest of the site.

I was going to post direct links to examples of threads with titles just like this one, but I can't be bothered now... :p
 
Cars do accumulate dirt, but it's only noticeable after several miles.
 
It is also only noticeable on the track. dirt is never seen in the garage
 
Yeah I've seen my car get dirty while racing, but when it's ready for a wash in GT Auto it always looks squeaky clean. Waste of time.
 
Yes they do get "dirty". I say it like that because it looks nothing like dirt at all. It looks like a half transparent version of the soap suds when washing the car.

But anyways, my Minolta is always dirty after the Indy 500. There's always some white residue on the spoiler.

Side note: Washing your car should NOT make aerodynamics better. I really hope they didn't implement this, as Mythbusters have proven this myth wrong and actually it's the other way around. Dirty cars have better aerodynamics :)
 
Has been asked before.

Locked. Sorry.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back