GT Career Mode Challenge, Presented by Racers Reunited - Round 9; Nov 24 @ 2000UTC

• Thread starter Famine
  • 473 comments
@Famine yeeting me into the pit wall on the last race :lol:
Ouch!

iStock_22936096_defective-airbag-337x223.jpg

I can't remember who it was who had the sticky brakes on a G29, but I remember when I had mine apart to clean them the plastic cam had marked the bottom plate, I polished it out and put a dab of grease there in case, might be the cause of the sticking.

I think they should name that barrier 9 3/4. From the train platform in Harry Potter. And victims are sent to Hogwarts. :D
It is actually possible to break through it there. You need a smallish car parked right up against it, and then someone else to hit it with insane force. Like a 274mph Mach Forty.

The big F above was far from the only one in those races, but it was probably the most terminal :lol:

20200930092440.jpg

The keis were fantastic fun though. Almost a shame we have to move on from them next week! That first race at Tokyo was particularly fun, pretty much nose to tail for the entire event.

20200930092338.jpg

20200930092346.jpg

20200930092356.jpg

20200930092409.jpg

20200930092415.jpg

20200930092421.jpg

20200930092427.jpg
I can't remember who it was who had the sticky brakes on a G29, but I remember when I had mine apart to clean them the plastic cam had marked the bottom plate, I polished it out and put a dab of grease there in case, might be the cause of the sticking.
That was me, and I'm blaming it for losing at Goodwood :irked:

But yeah, they need attention. It's long been a problem in GT Sport but I've been ignoring it recently because it was weirdly fine in PC games. Then it started doing the same in Dirt Rally 2.0 so I think I definitely need to dive in and fix it. Spent nearly a lap of Goodwood with the brakes stuck on about 5-10%.

Famine must have studied last weeks race because I just remembered Suts expertly putting me in the wall too in similar fashion.
Somewhere @daan has a video of I think Famine again doing exactly the same to Venari in a UKGTP :lol:

I've just realised though I'll unfortunately have to miss next week's racing :( Booked on a job that lasts the whole week. Big shame as a) I really like the SFR and b) it's one of few cars I already have a good livery for (and unlike the Copen it actually is a Toyota)...

20180924201733.jpg

I love this. Although, technically, @Famine didn't do anything.

Video should be timestamped to 7'17.

I felt really bad at the time, but my steering simply doesn't move. Venari just chose the wrong line at the wrong time.
Our Mach Forty liveries this week:

My rear plate looks really dodgy from that angle :lol:

I'll post up current handicaps shortly. ETfuffle did some very strange things last week, and I think it was down to the fact that your overall championship position is part of the calculation; with four or five new drivers, all ranking last on 0pt, it had a tantrum. I might have to do something about that, but I don't know what. Possibly the ranking of mean race results instead of the ranking of championship order.

@Famine are you using 100 power & 100 weight for the base settings in the Toyota. And tyres? I'd got some spare time so I've been giving it a go but didn't know if to tweak it.

And since there was a rush to get on the bench after I'd mentioned it :P would you like me to come off it and become a regular again? I'm usually free and I expect it would help to know who's coming for kerfuffle.

Everyone looks fine to me, yet I'm jumping around like mad. Would that indicate that it's my upload that's the issue?
That's odd, maybe it is. Although there are moments of madness for most of the time, in the replay I've just watched (which I could share*), your car appeared to twitch (update) approximately every half second with occasional spikes when it danced about!

* Now shared

If only we were allowed in each others' houses.
He didn't say he was letting you in the house. :)

Last edited:
@Famine are you using 100 power & 100 weight for the base settings in the Toyota. And tyres? I'd got some spare time so I've been giving it a go but didn't know if to tweak it.
It'll be at 100/100 yes. Kerfuffle isn't designed to go outside the realms of +/- 5% on either weight or power from the middle (base) values, but the S-FR has plenty of room either side, so the stock car is fine.

Sport Medium tyres.

And since there was a rush to get on the bench after I'd mentioned it :P would you like me to come off it and become a regular again? I'm usually free and I expect it would help to know who's coming for kerfuffle.
Very much yes to both. I think Kerfuffle would be happier with a relatively constant field, but I'll be tweaking it nonetheless.
If only we were allowed in each others' houses.
He didn't say he was letting you in the house.
Yep, relegated to the LAN garage :D
Would that indicate that it's my upload that's the issue?
It's really hard to say. I reckon it's ping and jitter primarily - and I think the fact we're globally quite spread out probably exacerbates it. I also recall you used to fall out of 27R events the microsecond that the race started (but were fine during practice), which is super odd.

Telling everyone their new handicaps is a bit awkward and time-consuming. I could upload a screenshot here each race, or even have a Google Sheets doc running for people to consult if that's easier?

It'll be at 100/100 yes.
Right got it. I'll remember that for future Kerfuffle cars.

Very much yes.
Make it so then. 👍

Telling everyone their new handicaps is a bit awkward and time-consuming
Yes I suppose it is with all the extra players - and a lot of work for yourself. I could run with either of your suggestions since I can have my tablet running next to me.

However (and you can shoot me down here) instead of adjusting after every race can you not take the average finishing position (and times?) of every driver over the course of the meeting and then feed it into kerfuffle at your leisure to produce new handicaps ready for the next week. It'd also help even out any bad races, crashes etc (although I believe kerfuffle does that to a certain extent anyway). When we can stay on track and pointing in the right direction we seem to be fairly closely matched so far.

I'm probably talking rubbish. I've just had 2 cups of coffee and my brain is active. :P

I also recall you used to fall out of 27R events the microsecond that the race started (but were fine during practice), which is super odd.
I can't recall seeing Daan during practice on Tuesday (probably because I didn't arrive until late), was he jittery during that or is it just during the races?

*briefly awakens*

Gi-not-ta Juniors
Cars and base handicap:
* Toyota S-FR '15 - 100% Power, 100% Weight
Tyres: Sports Medium
Circuits
Race 1: Brands Hatch - Indy Course (13 laps)
Race 2: Willow Springs - Streets of Willow Springs (8 laps)
Race 3: Suzuka - East Short Course (12 laps)
Race 4: Laguna Seca (7 laps)

Driver handicaps (Power/Weight)
#59 @AndreasR - 100/101
#77 @buybon355 - 101/99
#27 @daan - 101/99
#46 @Drex124 - 99/102
#6 @Famine - 100/100
#11 @homeforsummer - 99/102
#28 @IfAndOr - 100/101
#21 @jammy21 - 100/102
#8 @JockeP22 - 100/98
#7 @Jordan - 100/98
#42 @Lazybike - 99/102
#64 @O604 - 101/100
#61 @Pigems - 100/100
#32 @RACECAR - 99/102
#13 @richroo - 101/95
#16 @silverman_GT - 100/100
#88 @Sutsagrd - 99/101
#3 @Tom - 102/97
#? @Zolon32 - 100/101

I'm not entirely sure how Kerfuffle has come up with -17% weight for Richroo given that it's supposed to cap out at +/- 5%, and the car cannot go any lower than 89 in any case. I'll check on this before posting up the sheet for tonight. Checked. I'm a big stupid head.

There was also an error in the sheet which wasn't carrying Suts's points correctly, but I've fixed that now. The Kei standings are as follows:

1 - Homeforsummer - 100pt
2 - RACECAR - 94pt
3 - sutsagrd - 66pt
4 - Lazybike - 51pt
4 - Drex124 - 48pt
5 - AndreasR - 47pt
6 - IfAndOr - 44pt
7 - Famine - 38pt
8 - Zolon - 36pt*
9 - Jordan - 36pt
10 - jammy - 33pt
11 - Silverman - 32pt
12 - Buybon - 31pt
13 - Jocke - 15pt
14 - richroo - 12pt
15 - daan - 8pt
16 - Tom - 4pt

And the overall championship standings are:
1 - Lazybike - 157pt
2 - Drex - 140pt*
3 - Jammy - 140pt
4 - Buybon - 123pt
5 - IfAndOr - 122pt
6 - Famine - 109pt
7 - Jordan - 108pt
8 - Homeforsummer - 100pt
9 - Sutsagrd - 99pt
10 - RACECAR - 94pt
11 - Pigems - 91pt
12 - Jocke - 57pt
13 - Silverman - 56pt
14 - Andreas - 47pt
15 - Zolon - 36pt
16 - O604 - 27pt
17 - richroo - 26pt
18 - daan - 8pt
19 - Tom - 4pt

Of course not everyone has done every race, so these points will likely change quite wildly...

For particular interest, the ETfuffle has brought both Lazybike and Jammy down from +1.5%-ish faster than the median time to 0.3/0.4% faster. Buybon has gone from 0.7% faster to 0.8% slower. Suts has gone the other way, from 1% slower to 1% faster. I'm still the most averagest driver, at 0.2% faster, and the sheet REALLY hates Jocke, as it's dropped him to 1.2% slower for no reason I can spot.

Last edited:
I'm in 5th! How the devil did that happen?

There's been some life things going on but hopefully I'll be there this evening.

and the sheet REALLY hates Jocke
Perhaps it doesn't like alcoholic beverages flavoured with cream, cocoa, and Irish whiskey.

I'm not entirely sure how Kerfuffle has come up with -17% weight for Richroo given that it's supposed to cap out at +/- 5%, and the car cannot go any lower than 89 in any case. I'll check on this before posting up the sheet for tonight.
Oh monkeynipples. It was stacking the gap-to-mean value, not using that as the base and adjusting for championship position. I should have twigged that last week when there was a 108% weight car. Idiot.

I'll post up the corrected values in a minute.

Edit: Posted.

Last edited:
Back