GT Coins

Brazil
Brazil
Hi, I have a suggestion, more for profit by PD, the GT coins. A "second monetary unit" that can only be bought using real money (cannot be won in races or selling cars). Containing different packs in prices like the following:
10 GTC=5 US Dollars
50 GTC=40 US Dollars
100 GTC=135 US Dollars
1000 GTC=Anything around 1500 US Dollars
Can only be used to buy cars and its price may vary by the car's level, for example: A low-level car such as the Honda Civic (EK9) Type R 1997 (Lv. 0) (don't know if that's the correct order costing around 15-20 GTC, while a high-level car such as the Toyota GT-ONE (TS020) #1 Ukyo Katayama 1999 (don't know if correct order) (Lv. 23) costing around 1000 GTC+
As I said, it's more for another option for the player buying cars and another profit way for PD (apart from DLC's, much better way since as I said, it may be sold in various packs depending on how much the player wants to spend).

Hi, I have a suggestion, more for profit by PD, the GT coins. A "second monetary unit" that can only be bought using real money (cannot be won in races or selling cars). Containing different packs in prices like the following:
10 GTC=5 US Dollars
50 GTC=40 US Dollars
100 GTC=135 US Dollars
Can only be used to buy cars and its price may vary by the car's level, for example: A low-level car such as the Honda Civic (EK9) Type R 1997 (Lv. 0) (don't know if that's the correct order costing around 15-20 GTC, while a high-level car such as the Toyota GT-ONE (TS020) #1 Ukyo Katayama 1999 (don't know if correct order) (Lv. 23) costing around 1000 GTC+
As I said, it's more for another option for the player buying cars and another profit way for PD (apart from DLC's, much better way since as I said, it may be sold in various packs depending on how much the player wants to spend).
lolno

10 GTC=5 US Dollars
50 GTC=40 US Dollars
100 GTC=135 US Dollars

Yeah, lets make an entry level car that you would use in a B license race cost $20 when you can get it right off the bat when you get the game either by winning a few races, starting off with enough or selling the B license award you get.

And paying $1500 for an old LMP1.

Why is the 10 coin option a 0.5:1 exchange and the 1000 coin option a 1.5:1 exchange rate? They get 3 times as expensive as you buy more.

Is a feature similar to Forza Motorsport series's "Tokens". T10 despite profiting with DLC's and the original game, has these tokens as a continuous profit way, since the DLC's and the game when you buy, you own it permanently (you can't spend it).
Many Facebook and mobile games has this feature.

Well, MS and T10 received a huge backlash when they introduced their pricing model for said tokens for FM5 and in FH3, they are completely absent. Make of that what you will.
Facebook and mobile games need these features as they are free to download and ad revenue doesn't cut it as the sole income source.

Why is the 10 coin option a 0.5:1 exchange and the 1000 coin option a 1.5:1 exchange rate? They get 3 times as expensive as you buy more.

This is the part that makes the least sense. The entire point of buying in bulk is a lower per-unit price. If @CaravanSS76 is suggesting players get charged more per token when they're buying more, he's now made sure people will only ever buy the smaller packs.

I have no problems with real-money tokens in games, so long as they're not intrusive. GT6 and FM5's systems were both laughably flawed (over $100 for the most expensive cars in the game), but you could quite easily avoid both. But if there's people out there wanting to blow money to immediately gain access to a car, who am I to say no, and what sort of company wouldn't want access to easy money like that?

The other stipulation, of course, is that the game isn't designed around pushing players towards spending real-world cash. If grinding for dozens of hours is the only in-game method to obtain the cars, that's pretty poor taste.

That is a bad idea. Transactions is the least we need, money/tokens should be earned in game instead of bought. & There will always be a money hack/mod/glitch like there was in GT6. & Paying for in game money altogether for stuff that`s already in the game is wrong in my opinion. Bad idea.

Lets not forget GT6 has this option, but it is credits you can buy.
Has anyone ever bought the extra credits?
As much as i don`t agree with them, i confess to buying them. Still have a pack of 1mill credits sealed in a PS3 Box with artwork but its for my GT collection so i`m not opening them lol.

I have never had a need to buy such things as that. The 15th Anniversary Cars were good enough to me than the extra millions of Credits that can be earned from Seasonal s or plain grinding like TXR :P

Edit:
Who can't forget about Crew Points? The Cr. to grind for a simple Mazda RX-7 is huge. It costs around 600,000 just to get it. While Crew Points you have to buy, and at low levels in the Crew it gets tedious.

Not a great idea, in fact it might get most of us to not support the company.

Last edited:

I'm guessing the Seasonals cut down on a lot of potential credit purchases. Then again, I just used the Mercedes VGT glitch and avoided both.

There are bound to be people out there who did buy the credits though. I'm fine with Polyphony having the option there for those folks. It doesn't affect me, and I won't buy them on principle, but if other people would rather spend the money than spend potentially hours grinding for in-game credits, that's their choice.

Back