Gt Concept Gets Name Change For Europe

• Thread starter GT3Fan
  • 14 comments
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...ndvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=25391

Monday 18th February 2002

GT CONCEPT GETS NAME CHANGE FOR EUROPE

Sony confirms what could be a major addition to the Gran Turismo series for Europe, along with a brand new moniker

15:03 Gran Turismo Next was confirmed for a European release by Sony today, although specific details and a release date are proving difficult to pin down. The product can best be described as an update of the Japan-only GT Concept, which sported five tracks and a slew of cars from the Tokyo Motor Show.
While actual content is yet to be finalized, there's a chance the game will include all of the tracks from Gran Turismo 3 itself as well as the new course from GT Concept: the Japanese release only had five tracks, four of which were from the full game. Yowser. In addition, as previously reported, the accompaniment of vehicles is likely to comprise of concept cars from European manufacturers.

As far as release goes, "quarter two" is as good as it gets at the moment, so realistically you're looking at a late summer or autumn release.

Plenty more on this soon.

Patrick Garratt

Any truth in this? I hope so...

Originally posted by viper_maniac
Wow that sounds cool. I just wish it was coming to the US. :(

Just give it time, all good things come to those who wait (maybe even the Panasonic GameCube!) (:

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic

Just give it time, all good things come to those who wait (maybe even the Panasonic GameCube!) (:

~LoudMusic
Looks cool that Panasonic GameCube. So is it just Nintendo's GameCube with the Panasonic logo on it, or is it completely different.

The Panasonic Gamecube, apart from looking completely SICK, includes a Panasonic DVD-ROM standard. Normal GC can't play DVD! This is a filth little machine I would love to see in my living room!

Originally posted by GT3Fan
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...ndvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=25391

Monday 18th February 2002

GT CONCEPT GETS NAME CHANGE FOR EUROPE

Sony confirms what could be a major addition to the Gran Turismo series for Europe, along with a brand new moniker

15:03 Gran Turismo Next was confirmed for a European release by Sony today, although specific details and a release date are proving difficult to pin down. The product can best be described as an update of the Japan-only GT Concept, which sported five tracks and a slew of cars from the Tokyo Motor Show.
While actual content is yet to be finalized, there's a chance the game will include all of the tracks from Gran Turismo 3 itself as well as the new course from GT Concept: the Japanese release only had five tracks, four of which were from the full game. Yowser. In addition, as previously reported, the accompaniment of vehicles is likely to comprise of concept cars from European manufacturers.

As far as release goes, "quarter two" is as good as it gets at the moment, so realistically you're looking at a late summer or autumn release.

Plenty more on this soon.

Patrick Garratt

Any truth in this? I hope so...

You know, these magazines are rip offs. GT concept does not have new courses. Midfield, Tokyo, Autum Ring, Swiss Ape, Tahit are all old courses. Plus GTC is now Japan and Korean. They are 2 different countries and languages. This magazine or report is for those of you who have never seen or played GTC before. :rolleyes: Its funny how they come up the reports but no single photo or screen shot. :rolleyes:

Back