GT Concept Is Here!

• Thread starter busterpud
  • 6 comments
:cool: Well, It has finally arrived. GT Concept 2002 Rules! It has only 5 courses and no GT mode though, which means that after only a few hours of playing I have completed half of it already! However, winning all the tracks gets you 10,000,000 credits to use in GT3, so it's not all bad. The cars are amazing, as the game includes new versions of current cars like the mini and the Mercedes S500!

Eh, were are you?

I'd also like to point out that there is a "GTC - Africa" which is not part of the GranTurismo family.

~LoudMusic

Loud- I'd assume he's in Europe or Australia, since the PAL version has just come out. *Waits patiently for the U.S. version* :)

Originally posted by busterpud
:cool: Well, It has finally arrived. GT Concept 2002 Rules! It has only 5 courses and no GT mode though, which means that after only a few hours of playing I have completed half of it already! However, winning all the tracks gets you 10,000,000 credits to use in GT3, so it's not all bad. The cars are amazing, as the game includes new versions of current cars like the mini and the Mercedes S500!

cool, yeh im in the UK and it has just come out.....does it have any life, how many cars are there and what tracks???

not sure whether to buy or rent as i have GT3??

It only has 5 tracks. It may be worth renting to begin with, or at least until you get the 10,000,000 credits. For At £24.99 it is cheap, but not cheap enough.

Welcome to GT Planet busterspud :thumbsup:

Hud son Jones is I were you I'd rent the game first as it can be completed pretty quickly.. then if you like it make the purchase :2cents:

Here's a review to help you make your mind up:

GT fans rejoice! The next chapter in the ongoing driving simulator is nearly upon us, so here for your delectation is the latest press release from those lovely, delightful, and downright generous (review copy please!!!) people at Sony. Oh yeah, and some screenshots and a few tasty pics of frankly ridiculous motors. Enjoy...

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe is pleased to announce the forthcoming release of Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva, a lower-priced and more accessible accompaniment to the racing series that has dominated the world of console gaming since its first edition in 1998, selling more than 26 million units worldwide.

A highly accessible addition to the GT franchise set to broaden the appeal of the series, GT Concept is aimed at those who may find the investment of time and skill necessary to get the best out of the full Gran Turismo experience slightly daunting. It therefore abandons Gran Turismo Mode in favour of an instant-fix, arcade approach, which ensures that even the most inexperienced gamer can jump straight behind the wheel and accelerate away.

This doesn't mean that corners have been cut. If anything, many of the features of Gran Turismo 3 have been improved upon, with minor gameplay and graphical tweaks - until you've seen a car in Gran Turismo, you won't believe how good they can look in a game. And the whole game has been put together with the perfectionism and attention to detail that millions of petrol-heads now automatically associate with the Gran Turismo series.

It also means you still get the enormous variety of cars to drive that you've come to expect, with close to a hundred models to choose from, contributed by major manufacturers from Japan, Europe, Korea and the USA. In keeping with the game's title, however, a number of them are concept cars, of the type normally only seen at motor shows - the kind nobody usually gets to drive. As well as the awe-inspiring concept cars, there is the usual range of production models, as well as race-developed variations, full-on racing cars, rally cars and fantasy models.

i got my GTC, YAY, 2 days early as well, i got it on the 24th, and somone was saying 26th, psssst. well i love the game, very cool, and i think any one that likes any of the GT games, should get this one. and what race do you have to do to get the LM GTR??? well thats all i have to say, so cya later
ROBI

Back