GT Cup Event

• Thread starter Mr Bloke
  • 2 comments
Australia
Australia
Last night i entered the GT Cup competing in ALL 5 races using a GT40. I got 5th, 9th, 3rd, 1st. And on the last race the event shut down on me with a popup message saying somthing about error with data not enough storage space or somthing like that. Can't quite remember what it said. Anyway i still have well over 20g spare on my PlayStation. I don't understand what happened. I lost ALL 5 races race results ALL WIPPED. And was given a points score of 0. I even kept 3 of the replys to prove it. I'm pissed off. 5hrs of racing for NOTHING. Can anyone help ?

Can anyone help ?
I can explain it, but you're not going to get any of it back.

Firstly, and I'm assuming by "GT Cup" you mean the FIA Online Championship, you only get the result of your last race. If your last race was a DNF/disconnect, you get 0 points.

The message about storage space refers to your local save file. You have a maximum of 5GB storage for liveries, photos, and replays - this is a hard filesize limit on PlayStation 4. If you saved three replays, it's likely that, on top of everything else you have saved, you've run out of storage space for any further replays.

This isn't connected to your race disconnect, the message simply warns you before you race that you won't have enough space to save the replay from that race. You'll still be able to race, so the disconnect was for other reasons; these disconnects seem to be disproportionately affecting drivers in North America when the server in Sao Paulo is used for FIA races, and drivers in Australia when the server in Tokyo is used for FIA races.

Last edited:
I can explain it, but you're not going to get any of it back.

Firstly, and I'm assuming by "GT Cup" you mean the FIA Online Championship, you only get the result of your last race. If your last race was a DNF/disconnect, you get 0 points.

The message about storage space refers to your local save file. You have a maximum of 5GB storage for liveries, photos, and replays - this is a hard filesize limit on PlayStation 4. If you saved three replays, it's likely that, on top of everything else you have saved, you've run out of storage space for any further replays.

This isn't connected to your race disconnect, the message simply warns you before you race that you won't have enough space to save the replay from that race. You'll still be able to race, so the disconnect was for other reasons; these disconnects seem to be disproportionately affecting drivers in North America when the server in Sao Paulo is used for FIA races, and drivers in Australia when the server in Tokyo is used for FIA races.
Thanks for your explanation on this problem. But I do know I never had any pre warning of data space spare or anything like that. I was on the last and 3rd lap running 2nd and closing the gap when it just stopped and a message came on screen. I think it could be the 2nd explanation you gave me that might have been the case. There was alot of overseas players in that race only about 4 Aussies in that race of about 19-20 drivers. Australian internet SUX. I am also competing in the GT CUP event and have had no problems because it's All Australians racing Each other at the moment. I've done 3 rounds and had no problems. So it must be something to do with competing with overseas players. If that's the case than Gran Turismo should get their act together or its a waste of time competing. A big fat 0-10 for equality of competing.

Last edited:
Back