GT Cup Gr 3 race Daytona

• Thread starter oops
  • 7 comments
danny001
Hi all,
This has probably been asked before but I'm stuck on the GT Cup Gr 3 race at Daytona, I have tuned my car Z4 GT3 but I keep running out of petrol on the last lap, I pit on lap 4 for fuel only and still on lap 9 I run out of fuel from 1st place, has anyone any tips for this please ;)

Depending on your driving and laptimes, driving slower can actually mean faster times.
Either by changing the fuelmap as already mentioned as an option, or in case of manually shifting not revving up unto the redline.

Also there is always the possibility that car+track+driver is not an ideal combination.

Thanks guys for the suggestions I'll have a look at the fuel map, have any of you done this particular car, track combination and if so what car track did you use ?

Added aero will also burn more fuel. Try setting the aero as low as you can live with. Backing down your final drive will pick you up some mpg too. The term in the states is "freeway gears" A 2.73 rather then a 3.90 for example. You will lose some out of the corner speed however most of Daytona is high speed. As a bonus your tire wear will also be better from both.

Last edited:
Don't take it to heart 🤣

Thanks everyone I'll take on board everything you guys have said, 100% such a great forum 👍
"EDIT"
Well after making a few adjustments(thanks to you guys fuel map etc;)), I managed to get myself into 1st place at the end of lap 4 so on lap 5 I was running on fumes so I pitted from 1st place all good so far, but I panicked :scared: and while wearing the headset I couldn't find my "X" button and cancelled tires and fuel :banghead: and after exiting the pits my car died :(
But Oh well bright side I get to do it all again 😘
Love this game ❤

For anyone having trouble with this in the future here's what I did. For a car I picked GR Supra RC. I have installed mid-rpm turbo on it, restricted engine power a little to make the 730PP cut and used a customizable racing gearbox with final drive of 3.1 as suggested by seoulteamwork. That way the engine wouldn't go as high on the revs, consuming just enough fuel to make it on one stop. Didn't even have to take off any downforce. It's possible that low-rpm turbo is also viable, but I didn't experiment with it myself. A friend of mine has achieved podium with a Porsche, so I'm fairly certain now that proper tuning can make other cars competitive as well.

Back