GT DD PRO Wheel compatibility w/ Logitech pro

• Thread starter Psydwindr
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
Hello there.

So has anyone asked the question if the Fanatec wheel will fit the Logitech Pro base??? I think we can all agree the Fanatec wheel is much more desirable, but the true force feel that Logitech brings is unmatched. Is it possible to have the best of both worlds?

Hello there.

So has anyone asked the question if the Fanatec wheel will fit the Logitech Pro base??? I think we can all agree the Fanatec wheel is much more desirable, but the true force feel that Logitech brings is unmatched. Is it possible to have the best of both worlds?

Unlikely to happen unfortunately, whoever crazy enough to try and succeed would have intimate knowledge of the inner workings of both systems and to able to translate / map signal, slim chance of it happening for such a small niche user base.

Once you get used to racing on the VR, the wheel you hold onto seems irrelevant, comes down to muscle memory knowing where all the buttons are.

What’s needed and is still lacking at the moment is a quality H pattern shifter on the Logitech G Pro system.
Logitech brought out the Racing Adapter that lets user connect the Logitech Driving Force Shifter to the G Pro wheel base, but the shift quality is far from satisfying. Perhaps it’s not all that difficult to adapt the Fanatec shifter hardware to the G Pro base via this Racing Adapter, would be an interesting little project 🤔

Hello there.

Bit late to the party, sorry, but as far as Fanatec products compatibility with the Logi, the shifters, handbrakes and pedals are all compatible if you use the DriveHub box which sits on top of the wheelbase.

Wheels? No.

Bit late to the party, sorry, but as far as Fanatec products compatibility with the Logi, the shifters, handbrakes and pedals are all compatible if you use the DriveHub box which sits on top of the wheelbase.

Wheels? No.
Which components and console are you trying to make compatible?

I'm confused. You mentioned different wheel.
Logitech G Pro, connected to non-console components. Sorry if I misread your comment about Fanatec wheel on G Pro base.

As far as I know that combo will not work, no matter what adapter you try. Only the Logi wheel at this stage, although I think I have heard of the imminent release of 3D-Rap wheels for Formula and Rally, which will fit the G-Pro base.

Last edited:
Logitech G Pro, connected to non-console components. Sorry if I misread your comment about Fanatec wheel on G Pro base.

As far as I know that combo will not work, no matter what adapter you try. Only the Logi wheel at this stage, although I think I have heard of the imminent release of 3D-Rap wheels for Formula and Rally, which will fit the G-Pro base.
If this is what you mean….I have the G pro wheel with a Frex Hshift+ connected together using Drivehub. Works great! Plug and play, off you go. I’ve used the VNM shifter as well. The Frex is amazing!

If this is what you mean….I have the G pro wheel with a Frex Hshift+ connected together using Drivehub. Works great! Plug and play, off you go. I’ve used the VNM shifter as well. The Frex is amazing!
I apologise. I must have ingested some magic mushrooms that morning. That is exactly what the g Hub is designed for.

I think I must have been referring (in my own little brain) to the wheel itself being interchangeable, not the peripherals. I'm an idiot.

I apologise. I must have ingested some magic mushrooms that morning. That is exactly what the g Hub is designed for.

I think I must have been referring (in my own little brain) to the wheel itself being interchangeable, not the peripherals. I'm an idiot.
No worries at all. Hey there’s nothing wrong with magic mushrooms! I have some here, but I don’t use them all the time. lol

Back