GT has a very Linear style

  • Thread starter Thread starter loopyloogrrr
  • 8 comments
  • 741 views
Messages
66
So I played gt6 back from the beginning again and I noticed something about the AI opponents that really really bugs the hell out of me. It's like they've been copied and pasted a few seconds apart and follow an identical race strategy.

Here's my example

I did the red ball kart racing challenge again and observed the race and I was shocked at how every kart followed the same line perfectly. The karts remained the same distance apart most of the time. No one challenge for position. It seemed so robotic. It didn't matter about who was a better driver finding everything mm out of a corner, squeezing every mph out possible. It was so linear.

But I've still seen some great moments in the game. But I question if that's due to one car being quicker than the another. Example a lotus and a mustang on the mattador circuit battling throughout the race. It gave some life to the game.

What ya think. It's probably been posted before which means this thread will locked but hey Ho.
 
I think Karts are almost an hors d'oeuvre compared to everything else. For an example of something that's not quite a one make race but is darn close, NASCAR races have the bots rubbing metal and changing places through a race. I remember the same thing in the Formula GT races, which are essentially one make.
 
So I played gt6 back from the beginning again and I noticed something about the AI opponents that really really bugs the hell out of me. It's like they've been copied and pasted a few seconds apart and follow an identical race strategy.

Here's my example

I did the red ball kart racing challenge again and observed the race and I was shocked at how every kart followed the same line perfectly. The karts remained the same distance apart most of the time. No one challenge for position. It seemed so robotic. It didn't matter about who was a better driver finding everything mm out of a corner, squeezing every mph out possible. It was so linear.

But I've still seen some great moments in the game. But I question if that's due to one car being quicker than the another. Example a lotus and a mustang on the mattador circuit battling throughout the race. It gave some life to the game.

What ya think. It's probably been posted before which means this thread will locked but hey Ho.
Offline in the GT series isn't racing...it's a time trial with moving pylons:

​
 
I found the one make races to be uncompetitive as well. Except the beginning of the race where cars start 2 by 2 there was some over taking in the first few corners. But after that nothing!
 
Offline in the GT series isn't racing...it's a time trial with moving pylons:

​

Haha well u can be 30 seconds behind the AI and end up winning withing a lap and a half. Okay maybe exaggerated but why tell me why do the AI give up after a few laps and drive 2 to 6 seconds slower a lap. They actually seem competitive to begin with. Then u pass them like like they lost a cylinder or 12...
 
Those who tried one make races in GT5, on special menu, already knows that. Every IA is just a clone from the other, they drive exactly the same way. Their final positions are based on their cars and their starting positions. One make races doesnt work on GT5/GT6.
 
Back