GT:HD & GT4 Save Data Portability

• Thread starter HoffY
  • 9 comments
HoffY
HoffY BFE
Hi All,

This is something i havnt seen mentioned as of yet but have really wondered about a lot myself. Probably due to the fact that i've not had time to play Gt4 as much as i'd like and hence havnt completed much of it (aside from nearly a full lisence gold not to far off if i can get back into it and do the last half os special licenses).

Basically... what do you people think about the posibility of being able to open and or use out game saves or game replays and ghosts etc from GT4 in GT:HD?

I really hope its possible. And given the fact that i see a PS/PS2 Save Data Utility in the PS3's XMB combined with the fact that GT:HD Classic is virtually GT4... i'm thinking the possiblity is high. And can only hope (and dream lol) that i can do the simple and logical things such as replaying a GT4 replay or Ghost or Data Logger info (but in hi def!). :)

Cheers All!

If you own the cars and tracks in GT HD Classic, then it could theoretically be possible, but does the PS3 have a traditional memory card slot? It could be difficult to get your old saves across without an X-Port or Max drive or whatever. If it has to be done by methods like these, it may be too awkward for most people to make it worth having as a feature. I suspect the events in GT HD Classic may be different too, so I wouldn't think it too likely.

Well no - i dont believe it has a native PS/PS2 mem card slot. howerver the fact it has that utlility may indicate they plan to have an adaptor made. perhaps i'm a glass half full guy this evening. heeh

Sony is making a PS2 Memory Card Adaptor for use with the PS3. I think the primary goal for it is for the user to transfer their saves from a PS2 Memory Card onto the PS3 hard drive for when they play PS2 games on a PS3.

GTHD may give you some credits for your GT4 save (like GT4 did with a GT3 save) but I doubt that it will actually let you transfer gameplay elements over.

on the optimistic side of this, hopefully your garage could carry over since they game should already have the data for it......and it could save you a fortune in microtransactions.

lol indeed. Possibility. And i'd really like it to happen. But you can bet PD would leave such a feature out. They seem to always do a swing and a miss for some reason. Close but no cigar kinda stuff from absolutely supremacy.

Sony is making a PS2 Memory Card Adaptor for use with the PS3. I think the primary goal for it is for the user to transfer their saves from a PS2 Memory Card onto the PS3 hard drive for when they play PS2 games on a PS3.

GTHD may give you some credits for your GT4 save (like GT4 did with a GT3 save) but I doubt that it will actually let you transfer gameplay elements over.

on the optimistic side of this, hopefully your garage could carry over since they game should already have the data for it......and it could save you a fortune in microtransactions.

This adaptor has been unveiled at the TGS... (n.b. also used for people transferring PS1 saves across too!)

C.

This adaptor has been unveiled at the TGS... (n.b. also used for people transferring PS1 saves across too!)

C.
To clarify...
The adapter lets you copy the ENTIRE memory card to your PS3 HDD. There are no provisions for ANYTHING else. You cannot move one savegame from within your PS1/2 card, you cannot put things back on your PS1/2 memory cards from your PS3, nothing else unfortunately.

hopefully someone will work on a driver for the adapter to work on the PC like the sixaxis.. gothi made a tool to extract PS3 save files so in theory you would:

Hook the adapter to your PC
Backup Your Save
Send save to PS3 with the adapter
if you ever need to get it off the ps3
copy it to a usb thumb drive
extract it on the PC and then put it on the MC for use on the PS2 or PS3 again..

I can already do this since I have ARMAX and a thumbdrive on my PS2 just in a different way

Back