GT League Endurance Races

• Thread starter Brzlav
  • 0 comments
Germany
Germany
Did the Gr. 3 Monza yesterday and was a bit surprised. What happened?

I used the Z4 (not a great car for Monza, I know) and set it to BoP values manually (105% and 108%). I did not change downforce values which might be a mistake, I basically wanted to race the car as it is in Sport Mode also.

In the end I took second with two pit stops, yet the winner was up by almost 1min. He used RS tires and pitted twice also, the second pit stop coming very late (seems he saved fuel) and posted lap times just a tiny bit slower than myself most of the time but extremely quick in some instances. He posted a 1:46,4 as FL which is quite close to the world record on this track (1:46,1). It might be down to the RS tires but still. He could also run those for more than 20 laps while my RM tires were good for about 12 laps.

The reason why I am so surprised is that I did some other endurance races in GT League already and they were so much easier. The Porsche one in Suzuka I won with well over 1min advantage while having downtuned the car to N400 level. The Mt. Panorama one I won with over 1min advantage in the Gr. 3 Porsche set below its BoP values (100% 100%). My pace on that track is surely not better than on Monza. The Nürburgring GP race I don't recall being difficult using the TS050 Toyota in Cockpit view without tuning or higher power.

So what was wrong yesterday? Is it easier if I stay at 100% power because the opponents use 100% as well then? (will try that) Was that a one time occurrence? Is the Monza race just generally more difficult then the other endurance races?

Edit: I have just seen that this exact same topic is discussed here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...er-end-gt-league-events.377997/#post-12316855

So maybe a Mod can move my post there and delete this thread.

Last edited:
Back