GT League lack luster

• Thread starter Keoki101
  • 9 comments

Happy with GT Sport or think it's another lack luster installment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
United States
I understand that GT Sport is lacking in the car department right now but still, not being rewarded for your efforts is really disappointing. In past Gran Turismo's you were rewarded a car for completing each category in each league (Sunday cup, FR Challenge, etc) but not in GT Sport. Your not even rewarded for completing all the races in beginner league for example. Just really bummed that GT really lost its way in terms of quality content since the 5th installment.

It's not just another installment it's a complete departure from all that made the series great. The gt league was a joke... Catered for the lazy masses who put NO effort in and get same random cars people who try to improve themselves get. I've been enjoying Dying Light ten times as much...

Game design choices are so mysterious in this game. I can win a 3 million credit cars after two laps of Nurb in time attack but nothing for completing the GT league?! Why no gr.3 race in GT league? They are the stars of GTSport and not a single endurance race? I could write a wall of text of weird choices in GTSport. Though, I love the menu of GT League.

The utter lack of content in this game compared to the competition is unforgivable. I keep saying this, but I wish they had devoted even 10% of the effort they put into Scapes into tracks and cars.

I mean, heck, Assetto Corsa has more content and is only 17 bucks on PSN right now. I paid 70 for GTS.

Ridiculous.

They should of called it GT-Online and added no AI, arcade mode or GT-League to it at all.
Human vs Human at all times, with private lobbies for any private testing (I would stretch to an offline practice mode (time trial)).

But that's just me :D

In it’s current state it is indeed lacking as a full fledged GT game, but with the 1.10 update PD has shown they are still working on improving the game. We got 12 cars for free (what in this micro transaction and loot box day and age means something) and we got the foundations of the GT League. Yes I was also disappointed completing the beginners league didn’t reward anything, but maybe PD is working on adding more content to each league category for future updates and you will only get the reward when the entire league category is in the game.

This game also severely lacks tracks and it really starts to hurt in the GT League as well, with only 19 tracks or something there isn’t much yet and the tracks start to feel repetitive quite soon. That is an area where Project CARS 2 absolutely crushes any opposition on consoles, it has the most tracks of all racing games and on top of that has full dynamic day/night cycles and dynamic weather including fog, rain and even snow.

But I feel that what we see now in the GT League is just the beginning. Why else would all races have no tyre wear and no fuel consumption?

I really like the car handling changes that have happened between launch and version 1.10, with more classic cars, more tracks and more league content this game can grow into something really good. Because let’s face it, the core basics of the game (driving, handling, sound, graphics) are all fine. It’s just addon content that is lacking. Forza 7 is the exact opposite, it has a ton of cars, more tracks but the core gameplay (the racing itself) feels off to me with cars in general oversteering too much and not grippy enough. It doesn’t feel anywhere near realistic.

This game also severely lacks tracks and it really starts to hurt in the GT League as well, with only 19 tracks or something there isn’t much yet and the tracks start to feel repetitive quite soon. That is an area where Project CARS 2 absolutely crushes any opposition on consoles, it has the most tracks of all racing games and on top of that has full dynamic day/night cycles and dynamic weather including fog, rain and even snow.

But I feel that what we see now in the GT League is just the beginning. Why else would all races have no tyre wear and no fuel consumption?

I really like the car handling changes that have happened between launch and version 1.10, with more classic cars, more tracks and more league content this game can grow into something really good. Because let’s face it, the core basics of the game (driving, handling, sound, graphics) are all fine. It’s just addon content that is lacking. Forza 7 is the exact opposite, it has a ton of cars, more tracks but the core gameplay (the racing itself) feels off to me with cars in general oversteering too much and not grippy enough. It doesn’t feel anywhere near realistic.

I love GT league though it's the same catch the rabbit type of racing it's fun. It remind me to the original GT where you will spend tons of time catching the leaders. What I don't like about this game is that the game is better with a controller than with a racing wheel. Project Cars 2 for example is the best realistic racing car game I have ever played unfortunately it require a lot of time to be even remotely competitive and I lack so much free time. However GT sport is better than when it get out. I like it more now.

Back