GT League - Professional League - Midship Challenge ?

• Thread starter GA 52
  • 19 comments
Norway
Philippines
Hi all,

I tried race no. 3 yesterday and all my cars from the garage behaved completely unreal - I turned off everything - restarted and tried race no. 4, still the cars handled very bad....... Is this suppose to be like that? :confused::confused::ill::indiff: . :cheers:

What do you mean they behaved unreal?
Dear Geologist - I needed double braking distance compared to what I thought was normal for this or that speed to be able to reduce the speed for the corners and also not able to maintain a normal corner speed. I see from some other feedback that it is expected due to the the type of tire use etc. Appreciate your question. Cheers :cheers:

I used both the Veyron and the RCZ Gr.3 road car. Alsace is a lot easier now that they have allowed 4wd with mid engines.

As some posters ITT have already alluded to, keep in mind that there are some cars that are 4WD but still technically are eligible for the MR challenge since their engine is between the cabin and the rear axle, like the Veyron or the Veneno. I'd imagine the first-gen Audi R8 would similarly be eligible.

I got my logitech shifter in today, so i tested it out on these events with a stock McLaren F1. It handled horribly, mostly because of the tires.

This and the Cavallino series have the same fundamentals at heart. Mid engine rear drive on super sports.

Can you use the GT3 class cars here? Even so a GT3 car on super sports makes for very very long braking distances and 2nd gear powerslides out of corners.

Also the computer is just a lot better handling super softs in general... they are 99% of the time able to keep then tyres close to the edge but they arent perfect.

I have snagged a few wins by the AI spinning out on the last lap. A good place to see this is Interlagos where the AI overcooks the mass of linked chicanes.

This and the Cavallino series have the same fundamentals at heart. Mid engine rear drive on super sports.

Can you use the GT3 class cars here?

The GT3/4 Ferrari can be used in the Cavallino series. Don't know/don't remember if they can be used for the mid engine series. The GT4 Ferrari is pretty nice on sports soft.

I always wonder about PD's tire choices.

PD used to be vigilant about tyre choice as they used to control car class along with PP.

They are still doing it with the above races but they're doing it badly IMO. Restricting it to super sports makes it difficult just for the sake of being difficult and further, there are races where there is no tyre restrictions... so just use race super softs and clean house?

Hmmm... anyone tried a Lvl3 Audi R8? The 4wd should be a boon here.

PD used to be vigilant about tyre choice as they used to control car class along with PP.

They are still doing it with the above races but they're doing it badly IMO. Restricting it to super sports makes it difficult just for the sake of being difficult and further, there are races where there is no tyre restrictions... so just use race super softs and clean house?

Hmmm... anyone tried a Lvl3 Audi R8? The 4wd should be a boon here.

I agree Tony - it's not a choice any driver would do in those conditions... - so why?

I dont like to be malicious when it comes to PD but I feel its just a tad rushed the whole GT League experience. They added it following complaints.

But its a hallmark of PD that even when they do strange things like this it results in a lot of discussion about how to get around these challenges.

Also, try the Huracan or a detuned Aventador? 4wds cover up bad tyres!

We will beat the events in Gran Turismo Sport, and the other GT games, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.

Last edited:
I used the Huracan and it'll do every midship race no problem. It even destroys the Veneno chase car although it doesnt feel like a comfortable drive.

Not even 4wd works that well on super soft. You hit the power coming out of corners and the car sort of crabs in the direction of the steering.

I used the Huracan and it'll do every midship race no problem. It even destroys the Veneno chase car although it doesnt feel like a comfortable drive.

Not even 4wd works that well on super soft. You hit the power coming out of corners and the car sort of crabs in the direction of the steering.

That's the term I was looking for-crabs! To me it feels like its going opposite the steering input, like it wants to add huge amounts of understeer when you get on the power.

I somehow passed this with the Laferrari. With TCS on but in hindsight maybe should of cranked it even higher. It handled like a speed boat.

Back