GT League should have adjustable AI

Canada
Montreal
I can't be the only one that finds it a bit too easy... and the other cars often remind me of online racing in the first week or two after release when many had crazy braking points! :D
To try to make the races more challenging, I've been trying to use cars that will give 90% handicap bonus (although 40% is more common) and get clean races for another 50%.

To try to make the races more challenging, I've been trying to use cars that will give 90% handicap bonus (although 40% is more common) and get clean races for another 50%.

This is what I've always enjoyed about GT Mode (League). I try to find a car that I can barely win with but is enjoyable to drive at the same time. The fact that you get a 50% bonus for clean race I think is a nice incentive. It could also be used as a tool for new drivers to learn how to make clean passes for when they enter Sport Mode. Nay, they will just use the AI as walls to corner better. :lol: But seriously, folks.

I understand why they pushed it in, and I really appreciate the content as I’d run out of SP events to fill gaps, but, the more I play it, the more I feel it’s rushed.

The AI is bad, somehow worse than the mission mode races

Random cars go massively faster than possible, I had a Mazda roadster pulling leads over a Nissan GTR....

It’s too easy, even if you go with the slowest car that’s appropriate

There’s no incentive other than the creds to do it, they should of included a unique prize for each league completion

I really hope they add more to this and maybe flatten the AI out skill wise.

I just finished a FF race with one AI in mid pack at the start and he was moving up as I came from the back. He made it to the lead and when I passed him, as with all races, he becomes much faster. Then in order to get back in the lead, he dive bombs into the corner to bump me out of the way. After taking the lead he slows down again. It is hard to run a clean race when the AI are blasting into you from behind. I thought it might have just been that situation. Ran the same race again -- same driver -- same result.

I’m doing the MR series in a stock X-bow and I can say it’s a reasonable challenge ( 1 off means I won’t win). With the boost active I can catch up to 1st but then they will start lapping the same as me so it’s a great race and challenge.

We don’t need to adjust AI if we can pick a much slower car and earn a decent bonus for doing so.

The worst thing about GTsport offline mode, is the AI is quiet not so artafficial as it should be. The scripted races are annoying and not motivating for doing more races in a row. I've played the first sunday cup and at Dragon Trail everytime you play and race the first lap, there's an accident in the hairpin = yellow flags and when you're quick enough, the chance would be there you get a 5 second penalty for overtaking during the caution area.

I'm playing and training in GT League like I've always raced in GT, with a handicap and as clean as possible. Funniest races I've done so far are the Beginners races, most of them I won with 40% handicap in the standard Toyota SFR, a real joy to drive 👍

Did you win endurance race with 911? Try it...was nearly impossible for me to win

It's easy when you work the system. I did it by dialing back the power to N400 for 20% bonus and less fuel use. Then started the race at fuel map 6 to only need 1 pit stop. Pit at the end of 15, full tank and you can do the second half at fuel map 3. The AI pits 3 times and gets slower towards the end (why are those idiots going for softs)

I just finished a FF race with one AI in mid pack at the start and he was moving up as I came from the back. He made it to the lead and when I passed him, as with all races, he becomes much faster. Then in order to get back in the lead, he dive bombs into the corner to bump me out of the way. After taking the lead he slows down again. It is hard to run a clean race when the AI are blasting into you from behind. I thought it might have just been that situation. Ran the same race again -- same driver -- same result.

I had that with a car I had already lapped on the GR1 endurance race. The last 4 laps he kept dive passing me, then slow down since I was about to lap him again, then speed up again after I passed him again. Over and over., Artificial insanity.

It's fun to beat the N1000 AI in pro league with an N300 KTM XBow for 150% bonus, yet why not have a difficulty slider for the same bonus while actually going fast. GT League is more of a how slow can you go challenge.

Did you win endurance race with 911? Try it...was nearly impossible for me to win

...was easy for me TBH. Did all in first day when patch released... was a bit disappointed by length and easy AI :)

But hey, at least we got something... and prizes... well there aren't any, was hoping for some of the new cars as reward... but nope...

Admittedly having brain dead non dynamic ai like this in a racing game in 2017 is hardly acceptable. Custom Race mode ftw!

...was easy for me TBH. Did all in first day when patch released...
Easy because you're a big fan/geek/alien :) AI is not easy btw, it's just you're too cool

It's easy when you work the system. I did it by dialing back the power to N400 for 20% bonus and less fuel use.
Easy?! It's like puzzle :)
I tried to upgrade 911 to 5 lvl, power max, weight min...and when i overtook 1st place he begin to sit on tail of my car during 3-5 laps (catch-up 100%) and after that he decided to lose.

If you all want more challenge - go to custom races

Easy because you're a big fan/geek/alien :) AI is not easy btw, it's just you're too cool

Easy?! It's like puzzle :)
I tried to upgrade 911 to 5 lvl, power max, weight min...and when i overtook 1st place he begin to sit on tail of my car during 3-5 laps (catch-up 100%) and after that he decided to lose.

If you all want more challenge - go to custom races

I like puzzles, did it 3 times to get the best result
lhnjZa0.jpg

Arriving on fumes.

The first time I passed first place, in lap 12, he did decide to go sit on my tail and get very competitive all of a sudden. He passed me at the start of lap 14 yet I had to pit at the end of that lap anyway. When I passed him again he had no fight left and kept falling back and he still had another pit stop to go.

You have to do the same in custom races as pro AI isn't very pro. There is no one to race when you want to race with maxed out GR.1 cars.

Actually I should do Suzuka again on full power, it might actually be harder that way with the rubber banding. How many pit stops do you need at max hp fuel map 1?

I like puzzles, did it 3 times to get the best result
Ha, your lap times are 2.12-2.15 with 911 reduced to N400? I can make it with stock 911, that's the problem. Ayway I don't want to drive this race again.

Just raced 1 race in Sunday Cup (with N300 vs N400) and 1 in Premium Sports Lounge - was very easy instead Endurance Races...very sad

The GT League is far too easy, even with the endurance races it can be tight/competitive until you get to the half way point or take the lead they just drop off a cliff and the times blow out. I've only had a handful of races that were actually competitive (with idiot AI - especially back markers!). However the custom race when set to the hardest difficulty "professional" is actually a challenge. I did a race at Monza in F1 Mercedes and the AI were legit quick! So why do they not have the same option for GT League

I’m doing the MR series in a stock X-bow and I can say it’s a reasonable challenge ( 1 off means I won’t win). With the boost active I can catch up to 1st but then they will start lapping the same as me so it’s a great race and challenge.

We don’t need to adjust AI if we can pick a much slower car and earn a decent bonus for doing so.
Doing that is required to get around the lack of AI difficulty and does not mean there shouldn't be selectable AI difficulty settings.

tbh all endurances races are easy if you learn how to manage fuel and a bit how to drive the track. The AI is very slow in some section like the start of the S turns so you already gain plenty of seconds of advantage

I remember my first race on Suzuka on that cup. I was 1st in the final lap with the tires incredibly worn. They were useless at that point. Second place was quickly closing the gap. And I made the mistake of thinking 'The tire wear won't affect my technique and skill, I'll win this race!'. That was a huge mistake. Right on the corner just before the chicane, I pushed the car too hard and I spun out. I was just passed then and struggled to try to catch up. I then settled for second. I was pretty pissed off.

My second race, I absolutely blew past the AI. They were no match for me. I might've won the race with maybe a gap of 10 or 15 seconds, maybe more.

• °)And .....much much much moche much muchyiaaa much much muchoe much much mijn muts fast faster fasted AI they make me falling in sleep Jesus .

Holy crap the AI in GT League is such a joke! Has it seriously gotten worse or something?? I just did the latest update yesterday after server maintenance 13/3/19 and seriously after 3-4 laps you are in the lead. I think there is only 3 races/events that are competitive. Everything else is just basically a time trial except the Ghost is really dumb and will hit you even with blue flags. So even now in Arcade -> Custom race they are crap. I drove the Porche 911 GT3 and even tried changing the class of the AI to N1000 and you just cruise past La Ferrari under braking, why aren't they fighting! they should be able on lets say a Fuji main straight to fly past me. I absolutely hate how they brake mid corners, it's ridiculous they don't even seem to have more then one type of driving styles. It's just a precession of uselessness. Where you have to play online if you want to compete. Such amazing cars and tracks (which we need way more of).

I suspect that PD are trying to create AI for the real world. There are lots of old people who can no longer drive and they need an AI that hates braking hard, hates acceleration hard and hates cornering quickly - other than occasional bouts of road rage I think they've almost nailed it.

Seriously though, AI in GT hasn't improved um, ever. They rarely skid, or even scrub tires, have no ability to defend, to attack properly or put in reasonable lap times. I think they programmed their AI 20 years ago and said "sod it, that'll do, can we just draw more shiny cars now?".

The fact GT AI is worse than anything else on the market shows how little PD care about it, come on, Assetto Corsa's sole AI programmer has done a better job in a couple of years than PD has in decades of development and millions of pounds of profit. But Kaz don't care, it's all about the graphics, actual gameplay is secondary.

Back