[GT licenses] Hardest gold trophies to obtain

• Thread starter twipley
  • 14 comments
Hej. I just registered here to ask this question. I have been wondering, having recently begun playing the first iteration of the series, which is the hardest one. More specifically, which one makes it the hardest to obtain gold trophies in the license tests. ???

Also, thanks to https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=113495 which thread was returned from a search-engine request, and informed me about the existence of this forum.

Difficult to say, because the difficulty of golds in any GT is so variable.
e.g. GT2 has many very easy golds, but a handful of very difficult ones.

B-3 Del Sol at Deep Forest
A-4 Skyline at Trial Mountain (recurring series theme)

IA is probably easier than A.
SSR11 is daunting, but can be learned. Trial Mountain is perhaps hardest IA test?

A4 and A6 are particularily tough. You better buy a Griffith and get onto Route 11 to practice for IA7. The problem isn't the course, I kind of like Route 11. The problem on that test is the car, which is pretty much a boat on wheels.

I got A-6 quickly by doing it immediately after IA-4 which is the full Deep Forest track.

Of course, I think the OP actually wanted to know which game in the series was hardest to get gold licenses in (any? all?). Well, we can hand-wave and say knowing which tests are the hardest would help in comparing different games.

A4 - Coping with multiple corners 1 - Nissan Skyline GTR -> WHAT A NIGHTMARE! Especially due to watch the correct speed in bends

IA-1 High Speed Ring Attack - Griffith TVR -> I hate this combination of track and TVR, which is very slippery.

IA-2 SS Route 5 Attack - Dodge Viper -> another nightmare, mainly from beginning

IA-7 SS Route 11 Attack - Griffith TVR -> it needs to perfectly know this track because of chicane and angles of sharp bends.

Last edited:
For gold or just pass? The key to a really good time is avoiding all tire squealing.

Not sure which one it is, but the slalom in the FR Toyota concept is the hardest in my book.

Back