-Gr4 title

17.jpg

#72 doc-shipman
-5 starts
-2 wins

-Manufacturer title

Round-6.jpg

GT-MES Number 60!

This milestone will be celebrated in very familiar location, Dragon Trail - Seaside, VIII-edition of the race.
Track is known to be very fast, and it's Chicane of Death feared. Many races ruined there is pasts, likely this season too.
Season is closing the end, and critical moments are here. Some have already confirmed their place in Le Mans as title-contenders, others need good result to cut the point gap.

Gr3
Audi returned in last race with a 1-2 win. jonirune91 took his second win of the season, place were he took his first ever win all way back in Season 4. He took strong poleposition and clean start to the race, but was not able to open the gap. And when opening pitstops were done, his teammate sota59 was right with him. Pairing was able to break away from rivals, who took more conservative tyre choice compered to Audi's. But jonirune91 could not get rid of his teammate, and small mistakes were starting to come. So team made early call, sota59 turned engine down, securing 1-2 for the team, and placing teams drivers title hopes on car#91. jonirune91 has now his second win of the season, but those being his only podiums, he needs constancy and more results to cut the gap to championship leader.
Mercedes sole-driver Kobr4K_21 was unable to take his 4th straight win due, but celebrated strong podium, even with strong weight-penalties. He was in fierce battle for second place opening laps, but after pitstops he fell out of touch with Audi's, going to harder tyres seemed not be worth it. In last stint, with softer tyres it seemed for couple laps that he could catch leaders, but in the end had to settle for 3rd place. Weight penalties not getting smaller for next round, so it will be another hard race, but strong finish will help his title-run big time.
Porsche was not able to keep their podium-streak going, after only driver in Saint Croux, TaZZ_1990, finished 4th. But he showed strong pace yet again, and will be contender next race, with his teammate farin79, last years winner in Dragon Trail, returns. They have lighter cars than rivals, so should be ones to watch. Both drivers are still in title fight, but they need to choose witch one is going for it, as races are running out, and no room mistakes. Porsche in manufacturer-battle also needs to start winning.

Gr4
Honda took incredible 40th win, after Road2FURY dominated in Saint Croux. Australian had small battles in opening stint, but was class above rest most of the race. It was his 3rd win of the season, and after also having couple strong podiums underhim, another win would all but confirm as champion. But he has by far most weight penalties currently, and with this quality of field, he will have hard time even finishing on podium this weekend. He can start to settle down, avoid accidents/penalties and maybe get rid of some success penalties before deciding Le Mans-finale. His teammate Locke is out of title race, but objective was always learn this year. He will be hoping to keep doing that in last races of the season, maybe even get podium.
Ferrari got another podium, and is still strongly in both title races. RappyThePro had hard race, but got 2nd place and 14 points. If you look to standings, it might look that he and his teammate Benjeet are far behind championship leader, but infact they are in very strong place. They have missed couple races both, but point system allows them to gain points back (mathematically RappyThePro 13 points behind). Now just important to finish ahead of him in 3 next races.

Renault is down to 1 driver rest of the season, after missedapex420 left the series, even after very strong start to the season. This takes them out of manufacturer-battle, but Nils still in fight for driver honours. Like Ferrari drivers, he has missed couple races, but very much in title fight, just needs strong races to finish the season.
Aston Martin is not in either title fight, but its drivers Emilius73 and garrafinha12 will be wildcards in remaining races.

Attachments

• Round-6.jpg
    Round-6.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 6
The GT-MES Livery Competition!

As the season quickly approaches it's ending, we want to celebrate the creativity of our drivers and team managers!
The admins have picked 5 outstanding liveries from Season 8's roster, and now it's your turn to vote on which is the best!

The finalists are:

Locke - Honda - #28
IMG_7198.JPG

Emilius73 - Aston Martin - #73
IMG_7206.JPG

Farin - Porsche - #18
IMG_7197.JPG

Jonirune91 - Audi - #91
IMG_7195.JPG

Sota59 - Audi - #59
IMG_7196.JPG

VOTE HERE:
http://www.strawpoll.me/18995089

Voting ends on Monday Dec. 9 at 9pm GMT

Last edited:
Round-7.jpg

Round 7 - Close to the end

Season been exciting sofar, we got another different winner last weekend, and even though some have big margins in championship, we are confirmed to have all titles decided in Le Mans. That means everybody needs to be on their best next weekend, but before that, some need good results to improve their chances.
We go to Spa, our first visit there. We got some negative comments including it in our calendar, even before it was in the game, but we are happy that it is finally here.

Gr3
Mercedes took another victory, and with it Kobr4K_21 is closing in to the title. We had super close quali, and very exciting start, but when after couple laps, several drivers had accidents, and Kobr4K_21 was on the lead again. He put solid consistent effort, and took his 4th win of the season. He cannot yet win the title in Spa, but he can improve his chances with good result, or pull back, and try to avoid weight penalties for finale.
Even after DNF in Round 1, Mercedes is closing in leaders, in manufacturer-battle. And their efforts are increased massively after high profile, MYSTERY-driver signed with them this week....
Audi was hoping for another win, but had to settle for second after mistakes. jonirune91 had awfull start, and dropped back, and had lot of work ahead of him. After his teammate let him pass, and rivals crashed, he was quickly up to second. He started to post quick laps, but gap had already opened up to leader Kobr4. He opted to more aggressive tactic, and when it started to look he might have chance to beat Mercedes-driver, he crashed. He had good gap behind, and finish safely second, but giving his title rival beat him to win might cost him dear. Possitive side is that he is confirmed to be in the battle still in Le Mans, but his chances will be very unrealistic if gap grows even more this weekend. His teammate sota59 took the lead from 5th position in the start, but by end of the lap he was back to 5th after rivals overtaking him and letting his teammate pass. Things started to look positive after couple cars crashed, but quickly after he himself made mistake, and had to pit due damage. He would still been in fight for podium if he would have stayed on it, but instead crashed several times in next laps. Race to forget.
Porsche had another difficult race. Frontrow lockout, but poleman farin79 having accident, and rather than keeping going and still fighting for podiums, he decided to DNF, and TaZZ_1990 having own crash took him from front fight. TaZZ kept going and secured safe podium end of the race, plus fastest lap to show his potential. Both drivers still in titlefight, they still have something to fight for end of the season, but one of them needs double win. farin79 has bit better chance, but needs to keep calm.

Gr4
Ferrari took very important win, it makes them strong contender for both titles. Benjeet had strong drive from start to finish, and took his first win in couple seasons in dominant fashion. He has missed couple races, so he is currently bit behind in points, but due point system in GT-MES, he is in very strong position. Strong race this weekend will put him to very strong position for Le Mans Finale. His teammate RappyThePro had another difficult race. He again had strong start to the race, but accidents ruined good 1-2 for the team. He got minor penalty for accident, but it wont harm him in Spa. He is still in title fight, but may be wise for the team, if they put all ballots on Benjeet in remaining races, and RappyThePro focuses on keeping rivals on bay.
Honda not winning this weekend, but another big result for titles. Road2FURY dropped back in start, and had accident with Rappy, but he fought back to second for important points. He can only improve his title changes this weekend by win and/or fastest lap, but most important race of his career will be in Le Mans.
Locke wont be in track before Le Mans, but will be hoping to have fun there.
Renault´s season is falling apart. missedapex pulling out midseason after strong start, Nils missing races and now DNF in his favorite track.....German will be driving with no pressure rest of the season, so will be one to watch.

Please vote in our Livery Competition above!!!

I have some concerns about admin making sure race participants are competing to the right car regulations
I notice Nils was pretty slow a Spa and remembering the race before Sota discovered Nils over gr4 power limits.

So that got me thinking over overpower at Sardinia and red bull rung too and he was. So I told sota on Monday night I have yet to hear a response. I'm disappointed at admin unable to a car that won a race was 50BHP more powerful than it should have been in its class two races in the lack of response.

I'm think this championship is a joke they seem to be lack of oversight make sure all competitors are a hearing to do class rules and I still have not heard from sato I was going to do about it. SAME

PS_Messages_20191203_104855.jpg

Sardinia
PS_Messages_20191203_105103.jpg

Red bull ring

I have some concerns about admin making sure race participants are competing to the right car regulations
I notice Nils was pretty slow a Spa and remembering the race before Sota discovered Nils over gr4 power limits.

So that got me thinking over overpower at Sardinia and red bull rung too and he was. So I told sota on Monday night I have yet to hear a response. I'm disappointed at admin unable to a car that won a race was 50BHP more powerful than it should have been in its class two races in the lack of response.

I'm think this championship is a joke they seem to be lack of oversight make sure all competitors are a hearing to do class rules and I still have not heard from sato I was going to do about it. SAME

View attachment 871253
Sardinia
View attachment 871255
Red bull ring

Yes, this case is known BUT;
It was a) not intentional, I just thought we still had the settings from last season b) running more power = more fuel consumption = more pit stops = More loss of time overall compared to others. While you could easily make it with 1 Stop, I needed min. 2 or even 3 only cause of the fuel situation. Also, if you had noticed, I wasn't far off pace at Spa, I was only less than a tenth behind you in qualifying and just binned it throughout the race. From Spa on, I could have done it easily with one stop too, the reason why I didn't was, like I said, because I binned it somewhere at the 10min mark.
Next point is that sota surely did talking to me about that and we came to the decision that I'll run with 350hp at Le Mans as a compensation of the 2 other races since it's double points.
Finally you should consider we are all humans and not machines. Humans unfortunately have the habit of making mistakes, we all do that. Especially in such a short period of time in the gap between and before qualifying with the pressure its more likely to happen even though it shouldn't happen.

Yes, this case is known BUT;
It was a) not intentional, I just thought we still had the settings from last season b) running more power = more fuel consumption = more pit stops = More loss of time overall compared to others. While you could easily make it with 1 Stop, I needed min. 2 or even 3 only cause of the fuel situation. Also, if you had noticed, I wasn't far off pace at Spa, I was only less than a tenth behind you in qualifying and just binned it throughout the race. From Spa on, I could have done it easily with one stop too, the reason why I didn't was, like I said, because I binned it somewhere at the 10min mark.
Next point is that sota surely did talking to me about that and we came to the decision that I'll run with 350hp at Le Mans as a compensation of the 2 other races since it's double points.
Finally you should consider we are all humans and not machines. Humans unfortunately have the habit of making mistakes, we all do that. Especially in such a short period of time in the gap between and before qualifying with the pressure its more likely to happen even though it shouldn't happen.
Would have been nice if sato contacted me on the solution he had I guess he had 50 horsepower missing and human error to be 3 days later

Incorrect. Sota has, just like me or anyone else, a real life asides from driving cars in Gran Turismo. And this real life comes first. Sometimes there's simply not the time to be 24/7 available for anything and/or hobbies.

That's funny he had plenty of time to post the winner of the lively contest.

As Nils mentioned, solution has been found, and Nils not being in championship battle for while, has made it much easier.
We, and especially Nils has learned about this, and he will be more careful in future.
As of BoP-checks, very quick checks done by host before the race, as mentioned not much time to do that, so we have screenshot system, what allows us to check them after the race. Under current system only weight is being changed race to race, so power sometimes can be bit ignored, especially when using kw instead of bhp. And Nils being admin, i focused even less on his car.
In past when we have noticed illegal car post race, we have issued DSQ, even for smallest error. Once we saw illegal car trying to enter during restart of the race, we issued penalty for next race.
This case illegal car was noticed before the start of the race, he was made start last on the grid, and as car DNF'd during the race, he escaped more penalties for that race. It came also clear quite quickly that car had been legal for 2 other races, and as we dont DSQ cars from past races, we started to look for other penalties. As Nils been 3 of 4 times last in the races so far this season, not in titlefight anyway, we gave him -50hp penalty for Le Mans Finale, the most important race of the season, that more or less counts for 2 races.

If illegal-car goes unseen by us or unreported, that is on us.
If illegal-car gets noticed by us, penalties mentioned above will be issued.
Unsportman conduct will result in harsh penalties, likely ban.

If car increases its power without any reason midseason, that counts for unsportman conduct in our eyes

Last edited:
New Project (1).png

FINALE IS HERE!

Season comes to end, as we head to Le Mans for finale.
2x points mean that every thing is in stake in this 1 hour long race. Championships have been won, and lost here in past seasons.
In Season 5, xZePhyR96x was coming here as points leader, ended up 4th in standings after rough race.
We have seen one of the best battles in GT-MES history. We have had 7 different winners across both classes, 2 of them being rookies. We are certain to have new champions in both classes. Lets have historic finale to end the season.

Gr3
Kobr4K_21 in Mercedes has had fantastic debut season. After heartbreaking DNF in Round 1, leading in last lap, 4 wins in a row made him solid lead in championship, lead that he hopes is enough this weekend to take him to his first title. Last round saw him finish outside the podium, but that left him with less ticks than his closest rival. Title will be his if he can keep his rivals close to him, more about it later.
Audi's jonirune91 is coming to Le Mans as championship contender second time in his career. This time he is better prepared, and is in better position. He started season with win, and after couple hard races, he took important win in Saint Croux. Last 2 races he has been able to score good podium positions, but he needs bit of help to win the title. He won in Le Mans as non-championship runner last season, with Audi...
Porsche-driver farin79 is second season running here in Le Mans looking for title. He has had difficult season, but consistent podiums and win in Spa last weekend has put him here. He is looking bit outsider, but if things go his way, he could win his first title in his 4th season.

sota59 in Audi is 5-time champion, and 4 time winner in Le Mans, but this time is not looking for title. He has had some good performances, but been focusing to help his faster teammate this season. Roles have turned, in past his teammate jonirune91 was the one helping him to win titles.
Porsche's TaZZ_1990 is also driver looking to help his long time teammate to title. He has had maybe his best season so far, and hoping to be in fight for title himself in future, but this weekend could be very important factor as his teammate needs cars between him and championship-leader. TaZZ_1990 also former Le Mans winner.
xZePhyR96x, 4-time GT-MES champion, indeed last seasons Gr3 champion, is making appearance in Le Mans with Mercedes. 2-time Le Mans-winner will be hot favorite to win the race, with his light car.

Gr4
Road2FURY in Honda is championship-leader after awesome season. 3 wins and several podiums been keeping him on top since Round 1. Last weekend he was close to winning another race, and bigger points lead, but it slipped away in last lap. He is in Le Mans as championship contender for second in his career, but now couple seasons later he is in much stronger position. It is basically all up to him in Le Mans, strong race needed.
Ferrari-driver Benjeet has missed couple races, but has been putting all needed results lately to have great shot for title, beating Road2FURY for win in last weekend was clutch. He has to beat FURY and keep his teammate close to clinch title.
His rookie teammate RappyThePro has outside chance for title, but realistic one. His first win in Red Bull Ring and podiums have been impressive, but needs race of his life to win the title. He will start last due penalty, but race is so long, it does not matter.

Last seasons Gr4-champion Nils has had hard season in Renault. Missing couple races, mistakes have put him out of title fight, it is actually first time in his long GT-MES-career that he cant win title. He has big power-reduction for this race as penalty, but will be hoping for podium with clean drive.
Emilius73 in Aston Martin has had lackluster season. Missing several races, and hard races when he has appeared, but hoping to add to his one podium from Red Bull Ring this weekend.
Honda's Locke made his return to series this season, and as expected it has been difficult. Hoping to gain more experience from Le Mans, and be stronger next season.

Manufacturers Championship
Honda is 4-time champion, and all time wins-leader. This domination been continuing this season.
Ferrari made their return after couple seasons out, and they have been incredible, thanks to consistent results from drivers.
These 2 Gr4-manufacturers are tied in points coming to Le Mans, and witch crosses the line first, will be the champion.

Porsche, last seasons champion has had consistent results this season again, but only 1 win means title is very unlikely.
Mercedes been winning lot this year, but DNF in Round 1 seems to be reason they wont be thinking about team-honors this weekend.
Audi has been consistent, with couple wins, but neither driver driving in Red Bull Ring sank the teams chances.
Renault started season awesome, but form did wear of for second half of the season. This was their first season GT-MES, and reports say, the last also.
Aston Martin lacked the results this season, and also have missed too many races. They also wont be returning.
Nissan appeared in Round 1, but pulled out midseason, to focus on next season.

Back