GT Mode - weather effects, Day/Night transitions etc...

  • Thread starter Thread starter MaiM
  • 12 comments
  • 1,195 views
Messages
14
Messages
MAIMONE
Hi...

I'm at lvl 16 in gt mode, and i know that endurance races apear on lvl 25, but i didn't see yet any races with weather effects, day/night transitions, tire/fuel depletion, mechanical damage, and really good AI drivers :nervous:...

Are these things only for endurance races???...if so, i will be very :grumpy:!!!

tks
 
oh and other thing i forgot...

Nascar races and rally are only available on these challenges or they get their own races or championships like the other races like sunday cup later?
 
I'm currently level 20, just finished the first three A-spec modes and non of them featured day/night or rain if I remember correctly. Actually, not even iconic tracks such as a full Suzuka or Fuji.
No mechanical damage to be found as well, no dirt collecting on those tracks, and they give you the (pre-)ending movie already.

Swing and a miss if you ask me.

Edit: I might be wrong about suzuka, there could have been one race on there.
 
I'm at the expert, but i didn't end all races in begginers, pro etc... because of the cars restrictions, and even in this expert i didn't see anything of this, and after this are only extreme and endurance lvls to play so....all of this, and mostly the best features in the game are only in the last races :/

wbrinkman i didn't understand your last "setence" (i don't know if its speels that way) xD

srry for the bad english bu i'am portuguese.
 
The "swing and a miss" bit?

It's an expression (coming from baseball sports) - basicly "They've tried and failed", as I think it's rediculous that their greatest features are not shown from the beginning. And you might, quite rightly such as yourself, ask yourself if it's actually there in the game or not.
 
To me it makes sense that you will only see Day/Night transitions in longer races as of course other races don't last long enough for this to occur.

However I had expected to see at least some wet weather races
 
Day/Night transitions, weather transitions, and dirt and snow accumulation (not a heck of a lot) occur in the rally special events. I think that I saw dirt accumulation on a Spec B event. My driver also bashed up the front end on that race and the car appeared to have altered steering after. I've got that replay so I'll check the dirt accumulation later.
 
Only for B-spec??

that is .... !!!

share with us when u know zathra5_

tks
 
im also curious to as when tyre and fuel depletion starts. In GT4, you were using fuel already in the early races!!! ( not that it mattered, but its realistic...)

Chris
 
Its realistic, and it does really matters...

like this, if you are in a race with 5/10 laps then you will only need 1/4 of your fuel deposit to finish the race, even if you are putting pedal to the metal, so if the deposit have less fuel your car will weight less, and your acceleration will be increased by far...

And if you are in a endurance race you can plan a pit strategy for fuel (tires, etc), so you can do less or more pit stops depending in your strategy...

Only a couple things of the many you can do with these features, if they are realistic.

MaiM
 
I've seen weather in a few of the Extreme series races, including two or three (Monza, Nurburgring 24h, and I think La Sarthe) of the five races under the Dream Car Cup (level 24). The reports about weather forecasts being only potentially accurate seem to be true. Sometimes it'll have a little rain cloud instead of sun, but the race loads and the track's dry. But it seems like the AI's not bright enough to question the forecast before the race; a few times I've seen them all pit after the first lap (presumably to change from rain tires to slicks).
 
im also curious to as when tyre and fuel depletion starts. In GT4, you were using fuel already in the early races!!! ( not that it mattered, but its realistic...)

Chris

First endurance race.
 
Back