GT Museum nowhere to be found in Hong Kong version

• Thread starter RBMaurice
  • 9 comments
RBMaurice
Hey GTP-ers,

I'm really enjoying my copy of Gran Turismo 5(Collector's Edition), unfortunately at the time it came out I was still in China for my internship so I had to stick with a Hong Kong version.

Now I came back home this month and have a lot more time(and a steering wheel) to play around with. I always noticed that there was one icon missing in the GT Life but never thought that was a problem, until I read about the recent bug with the save game size which stated not to use GT Museum anymore.

I searched for many times to find it, eventually finding that it's nowhere to be found in my game. Although the in-game manual does state it should be there, even though the screenshot doesn't show it. Also the gran-turismo.com website for HK doesn't show the Museum on the same page as GT TV which leads me to think the museum is somehow not in the HK version...

Does anyone know why on earth this feature is not in the HK version?

Also my EU GT PSP on my PSP Go doesnt like to synch with the game because it keeps saying "connection" failed and the Open Lobby keeps saying I'm in HK/Taiwan region so I constantly have to put it back. Guess thats the price of having an HK version :nervous:

Not directly related to this is a bug of my B-spec drivers which I noticed, when doing remote races(wether I host them myself or by others) they do gain experience and money. But when I receive the prize I will get the money and the game also shows they went to an higher level(like from 9 tot 12) but somehow the level gets back to the old level as soon as I quit the level up screen. Does somebody know what the hell is wrong with it? Or am I the only one having these kind of problems?💡

i wish i had the option to not recieve the daily gift of a paint & museum card...it take up space & never end...when will they stop? evetually it can cause problems

i wish i didnt get these museum cars... they will cause problems in the future....whats the point of recieving them? the just take up memory & there is no way on stopping them

I heard it's a licensing thing. If you really want those though, you can simply open a Japanese profile on your PS3.

I live in Hong Kong and have the Hong Kong version
I only can receive paint gift, but not museum card.

Same for me. I live in China and have the HK version which has no museum.

I heard it's a licensing thing. If you really want those though, you can simply open a Japanese profile on your PS3.
Dont think that would solve anything as I have been using it witheet my Dutch account since the beginning...

Not directly related to this is a bug of my B-spec drivers which I noticed, when doing remote races(wether I host them myself or by others) they do gain experience and money. But when I receive the prize I will get the money and the game also shows they went to an higher level(like from 9 tot 12) but somehow the level gets back to the old level as soon as I quit the level up screen. Does somebody know what the hell is wrong with it? Or am I the only one having these kind of problems?💡
This happens with Update 1.06. We need to manually SAVE the game at the GT-Life main menu after downloading the B-Spec Credits and XP from Remote Races, because PD forgot to include the Autosave feature.

However this issue was fixed in 1.07.

GT5 Asian Editions (BCAS20108) does not have the museum feature, no idea why. We only receive 5 free paints per daily PSN login.

Back