GT needs a more Interactive Trading system?

• Thread starter CDOTJ89
  • 21 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
CDoTJ89
I come up with an idea and i shared it with a few friends and they liked the idea, its just a personal opinion so don't eat me alive for this...

I would just like to know what hardcore racers who don't care about nothing but racing would think?

I think trading cars on GT could be so much more visual, easier and even kinda fun!

What if they was some sort of "Trading Showroom" option where you are as your driver in 3rd person mode walking round a limitless sized showroom styled environments with cars other players want to sell, with a simple "(X) to buy" dialogue appearing when standing close to a vehicle.

This would even make you customizing a little more worth while as most people will have a individual style and maybe encourage people to stand out.

It would also give people a chance to make new friends with an option to add players you interact with.

One friend said it would become far to overcrowded and it wouldn't work, so i thought maybe there was various room with various backgrounds of the sellers choice, ie countryside carpark, showroom, motorway hard shoulder whatever lol.

Even if people just wanted to park their car there to show off what they had, with a individual lobby for them?

I just think it would be a good idea for growing the community, meeting new players, seeing inspiration for customizing your own car. Or buying that Supra RZ '97 from an online friend because YOU COULDN'T FIND IT!!... and of course show off your cars and add players with similar taste to yourself.

Do you think this would work in future versions of GT?

I think this would work combined with a pink slip mode

Forza already has something similar with it's marketplace

Gran Turismo really needs more "fun" modes like this.

I'm glad you agree.

I don't think GT should go overboard with ideas like this because it is a simulator after all, but it is a game we cant forget.

"Fun" is still an important factor if they want to continue to attract a mass audience.

CDOTJ89
I'm glad you agree.

I don't think GT should go overboard with ideas like this because it is a simulator after all, but it is a game we cant forget.

"Fun" is still an important factor if they want to continue to attract a mass audience.

It would be nice but honestly I think it would be to hard that kind of update would take forever

It would be nice but honestly I think it would be to hard that kind of update would take forever

Oh no, not an update as such... even i know that would be asking too much. But even an idea for GT6... to have it in GT5 would actually be an epic DLC id happily pay for but ill happily SETTLE for GT6 :lol:

Just to point out there is no official trading feature in the game at all. I also don't like this idea, a waste of dev time IMO.

I would like an actual trading system, where it would show both sides of the trade and you could either accept or decline the offer. That way there's less of a chance of being ripped off as well...
But I like your idea

OP: To be honest, your idea would be much better if people have greater motives for buying cars (i.e. a unique livery). But as the game is right now, all cars feel more or less the same.

1241Penguin
OP: To be honest, your idea would be much better if people have greater motives for buying cars (i.e. a unique livery). But as the game is right now, all cars feel more or less the same.

Yes, but you could offer up an expensive car or large sum of money for a tuned car. I would go for that.

As cool as an official trading system would be, I'd much rather have a livery editor and then an option similar to MCLA in which you can seel copies of your car or the actual thing online for money.

I think an auction system would be cool. Trading would be outdated with long lists of cars people have for sale. The tuning garages here on GTP would have a field day being able to sell pre tuned cars online for good amounts of moneys. I do see a flaw possibly with undercutting to the point of 0 though. That would be pretty bad.

Sort like the online dealership thats in gt5 but only for real members thats sell there cars,nothing more or less

I think an auction system would be cool. Trading would be outdated with long lists of cars people have for sale. The tuning garages here on GTP would have a field day being able to sell pre tuned cars online for good amounts of moneys. I do see a flaw possibly with undercutting to the point of 0 though. That would be pretty bad.

Actually, i think that an auction system wouldn't be too bad. People bidding high for tuned/rare cars. Not a bad idea (IMO).

Actually, i think that an auction system wouldn't be too bad. People bidding high for tuned/rare cars. Not a bad idea (IMO).

Exactly what I was thinking. Ultimately what would be cool about potentially any car could be purchased at any time due to a stacked auction list, you know? No more UCD refreshes or what-have-you. Of all the thousands/millions of people auctioning, it would be as easy as select manufacturer, select make, purcahse/bid. :sly: I could go on and on about small details but its not necessary.

This is also obviously assuming PD keeps any kind of used car system for GT6, which isnt a discussion in this tread.

I really like the OP idea, but I feel like PD & Kaz's efforts could, and should go elsewhere. All i want is the f:censored:ing daily limit to go away, and I would be happy. Besides, who needs an intricate trading system like that when we have the GTP Marketplace? :sly: :gtpflag:

I come up with an idea and i shared it with a few friends and they liked the idea, its just a personal opinion so don't eat me alive for this...

I would just like to know what hardcore racers who don't care about nothing but racing would think?

I think trading cars on GT could be so much more visual, easier and even kinda fun!

What if they was some sort of "Trading Showroom" option where you are as your driver in 3rd person mode walking round a limitless sized showroom styled environments with cars other players want to sell, with a simple "(X) to buy" dialogue appearing when standing close to a vehicle.

This would even make you customizing a little more worth while as most people will have a individual style and maybe encourage people to stand out.

It would also give people a chance to make new friends with an option to add players you interact with.

One friend said it would become far to overcrowded and it wouldn't work, so i thought maybe there was various room with various backgrounds of the sellers choice, ie countryside carpark, showroom, motorway hard shoulder whatever lol.

Even if people just wanted to park their car there to show off what they had, with a individual lobby for them?

I just think it would be a good idea for growing the community, meeting new players, seeing inspiration for customizing your own car. Or buying that Supra RZ '97 from an online friend because YOU COULDN'T FIND IT!!... and of course show off your cars and add players with similar taste to yourself.

Sounds very good, if done correctly it could integrate quite well into my free-roam idea :)

Seems good, or to go a step further and have a garage as an auction house with other people bidding too. buying off a friend instead of sending or sharing seems like such a better idea, then no-one will go " anyone got ***** to trade for a *****" in every lobby.

Back