GT Nostalgia: 300km of Grand Valley interest check

SuperShouden

(Banned)
SuperShouden
Thinking about doing this one weekend. I believe the race is 60 laps of Grand Valley. PP range would be limited to 400-450PP. Sports Soft tires. Stock production cars only.

Right now this is just a check to see who would be interested. No idea when I'd actually run with school. Maybe around President's day. But, I figured it would be a fun race to do online. I might even run one in arcade, but, we'll see.

what do you mean when you put 'GT Classic' would there be an age of cars you would use?

I'm not 100% sure but I think he's referring to the fact that the Grand Valley 300km has (I think) been featured in all previous main GT titles, at least that's the impression I'm getting.

Yup. That's what I'm referring to. GT6 is the first GT game without the Grand Valley 300km race.

Actually, I think I'll open the vehicle choice up to a poll. I remember doing this with the Castrol Supra in GT1, So, having a true "Classic GT race car" race would be fun with the FTO LM, RX7 LM, Tom's Castrol Supra and a few other choices.

Yup. That's what I'm referring to. GT6 is the first GT game without the Grand Valley 300km race.

Actually, I think I'll open the vehicle choice up to a poll. I remember doing this with the Castrol Supra in GT1, So, having a true "Classic GT race car" race would be fun with the FTO LM, RX7 LM, Tom's Castrol Supra and a few other choices.

That would be better to be honest :) Just I know several people who have set up the 300km race before.
Just tell me when you are hoping to do the event and I will see what I can do

That would be better to be honest :) Just I know several people who have set up the 300km race before.
Just tell me when you are hoping to do the event and I will see what I can do

Let me work out the details, but I'm probably going to shoot for a long weekend to do it. Like MLK Jr. Bday weekend or President's Day weekend. (Probably the ladder). It should get a car list out, at least. But, I'm thinking the car list will include the following:

Tom's Castrol Supra '98
Chevy Camaro LM Edition
FTO Super Touring Car
Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car
Nissan Silvia Race Car
Nismo GT-R LM Edition Road Car
SRT Viper GTS-R Team Oreca
Acura NSX LM Race Car
Mazda RX7 LM Edition
Mazda RX8 LM Edition
Nissan GT-R R34, R33 and R32 Race Cars

Definitely interested but.... Viper is going to wipe the floor against those cars! Classic JGTC cars (pre-2004) would be the way to go IMO and actually thinking of doing a whole championship for those anyway.

Definitely interested but.... Viper is going to wipe the floor against those cars! Classic JGTC cars (pre-2004) would be the way to go IMO and actually thinking of doing a whole championship for those anyway.

Okay. I was just going by some of the cars that have been with Gran Turismo sense the early games. But, the Viper could be cut. I'll take a look at PP stuffs today or tomorrow probably and then come back with a better car list. The RX7 and RX8 LM editions should be fine since the RX7, at least, is based off the JGTC car. We also MIGHT have to limit the FTO and possibly the Subaru. The FTO was ALWAYS super fast and handled really well, but we'll see. Should end up being a fun race.

As for the Championship, we COULD do a "GT Nostalgia Series" and just mimic the endurance races of GT2 which were:

300km of Grand Valley (60 laps) (JGTC)
200km of Apricot Hill (50 laps) (GT3)
Laguna Seca 200 miles (90 laps) (Modern American Muscle)
Rome Millennium 2 Hours (GT6 version) (Classic Cars)
Trial Mountain 30 Laps (250-300PP)
Special Stage Route 5 All-Night (50 laps) (LMP maybe)
Deep Forest 150km (67 laps) (500-550PP)

And if Seattle makes a return we'll add the Seattle 100 Mile race to the list. But, it would be fun to do.

And different classes of cars for different races maybe? JGTC for Grand Valley, Modern Sport Cars for Appricot Hill (Aston Vanquish, SRT Viper, C7 Corvette, Jag XJ, etc), Modern Muscle for Laguna Seca, Classic cars, 200-300pp limit for Trial and the GT5 RM Edition cars for SSR5 maybe...or any other suggestions. Seattle would be Classic American Muscle.

Last edited:
Trial mountain 30 laps felt a lot longer back in the day, I guess I was only 7/8 years old! The "GT Nostalgia Series" sounds awesome though man, happy to help set things up! :)

So, since the pitstop online aren't working correctly, this series will be postponed until they are. I wish Arcade mode could have tire/fuel wear 'cause I'd some practice runs with of these endurance races in the meantime.

Back