GT Omega Titan cockpit available stateside by March

• Thread starter Granadier
  • 9 comments
United States
New York
Just heard from GT Omega that they will be launching their new Titan cockpit stateside by the end of February. This was made available in the UK last month, but in an incredibly limited supply of only 10 units. Looks like a really good offering for a mid-range cockpit that will be much sturdier than their Pro version.

GT_OMEGA_TITAN_COCKPIT_XL_SEAT_2.jpg IMG_0627.jpeg
https://www.gtomega.co.uk/products/titan-cockpit

Looks nice, but it's gonna be their higher range option. £430 is about $560 USD. That's a lot. Their current options the ART and PRO cockpits are $410 and $420 respectively. That's the price including their cheapest seat, the RS6. Not a bad deal at all for a full cockpit, but another $100 on top of that better be worth it.

I've got the Apex Wheel Stand that they sell a rear seat frame for and their racing seats are sold individually so I can buy those two things to upgrade my wheel stand to a cockpit. Free shipping is nice though so $284.90 is exactly what it will cost. Maybe with my tax return, the same excuse I used last year to by the wheel stand...

XGlz5in.png

Yes, this is their top of the line offering. Based on the construction it looks like it will be in the realm of the Sparco, RSEAT, and Trak Racer offerings while being a couple hundred bucks cheaper.

The biggest concern I'll have is with the seat since I've heard that's GT Omega's weakest point. So it'll be interesting to see if the frame itself supports non-GT Omega seat bolt patterns as the seatless option will only be ~$400.

Glad it's not $560 like I originally thought, but with cheapest seat it's $530 so still quite hefty

Can confirm the omega seat is awful. Keep meaning to go to a scrapyard for a proper car seat, heard they can be fitted easily onto the omega frame.

Looks very nice, one day I'd like something of this Calibre, for now I really want to order the classic seat frame for mine (or just build one) and find an old bucket seat at the scrap yard as well.

Can confirm the omega seat is awful. Keep meaning to go to a scrapyard for a proper car seat, heard they can be fitted easily onto the omega frame.
Is there a standard spec that’s used for racing/sim seat mounting points?

I got mine back in December, 2020 and ABSOLUTELY LOVE it!! It was WELL worth the money!! I was going to get the rear seat frame for my wheel stand (GT Omega Classic) but the UK store doesn't ship to the U.S. and made me order from the US site, but it wasn't in stock and only had the Titan. I race a lot and thought about just getting the RS9 seat, but glad I decided on the RS6 because it is actually quite comfortable even after hours in it, and it fits my hips, sides and shoulders perfectly. Glad I spent the extra $$450 and got the Titan.

Looks nice, but it's gonna be their higher range option. £430 is about $560 USD. That's a lot. Their current options the ART and PRO cockpits are $410 and $420 respectively. That's the price including their cheapest seat, the RS6. Not a bad deal at all for a full cockpit, but another $100 on top of that better be worth it.

I've got the Apex Wheel Stand that they sell a rear seat frame for and their racing seats are sold individually so I can buy those two things to upgrade my wheel stand to a cockpit. Free shipping is nice though so $284.90 is exactly what it will cost. Maybe with my tax return, the same excuse I used last year to by the wheel stand...

XGlz5in.png

Back