GT on PSP, it works and it works good (Playing GT2 on PSP)

• Thread starter Brend
  • 27 comments

Brend

Premium
Scotland
Scotland
GTSophy-Lapos
ClassicBrend
So GT PSP is almost with us and it has been getting a mixed reception. Some people are pissed off that it is coming out before GT 5 and others are rejoicing that the game is finally going to see the light of day. Well I am part of the latter group so you could possibly call me bias :P Anywho i got myself of a PSP the other day and done the old pandora's battery/custom firmware trick and started my test of how GT would be on a handheld console, my experiment would be on GT 2 (simulation obviously.)

Gameplay: Well, put simply you are only going to fell the difference by measure if you use the dual sticks method of driving with a controller because by a great testing period it plays just like gt on the old PSX. Works fine and is fun

Boring easily?: Nope this is GT for crying out loud. The transistion from home console>portable does not lose ANY of the addictive formula, as great as ever

Fun?: Yup as fun as any other HOME gt, i have no idea why anyone else would think differently

So basically as i still enjoy this classic compared to just about every other bloody PSP game thats out there. Pointless it is not and as we have been told over and over GT PSP is a ull game therefore it will have the same quality (and beyond) that of GT 2.

C0F

This is OK, just don't post any links or discuss about how to run these emulators or games.

GT1/2 on the PSP is actually quite enjoyable. Really, nothing is lost in the transition. I just ripped my old copy of GT1 yesterday and converted. I forgot how arcadey the physics really are! That isn't to say that it isn't enjoyable, and its great to take it on the go. :)

The only thing that bugs me about it are the endurance races. I don't want to sit there and do them on a handheld. When I do an endurance race it is something I invest time in and sit down with a wheel to do.

What do the graphics look like on the PSP. Are they comparable to a PSP nfs game?

I was thinking about trying it out through the remote play option on the PS3, but I can't seem to find my copy of GT2:(

I always thought the GT2 graphics "looked" better on the psp because of the smaller screen. In reality the graphics are identical.

well, the graphics look better on the smaller screen for me. Also endurence races are actually pretty fun :)

Yes I blame Sony, but I think they don't hate homebrew perse. They hate piracy and that's certainly their right.

But I would have hope that with all these ps1 titles being brougth to market these days, Sony would also sell one of their ps1 flagships for the psp via psn.

I would have certainly bought it.

Yea, as soon as I get my new battery for my PSP Slim I'm getting custom firmware and GT2 on it. I can't wait! Have you experienced any slowdown in the game, or any lag?

OK googled for it. I have the latest fw 5.51 on my psp3000. So I am out of luck for this moment.

Yea, as soon as I get my new battery for my PSP Slim I'm getting custom firmware and GT2 on it. I can't wait! Have you experienced any slowdown in the game, or any lag?

The game works at the perfect speed, an exact conversion of the PS1 title. Incredible performance

Yes, it does work perfectly, and if i had no more exams next week, i'd be enjoying it even more :). The best driving game for the psp until GTM blesses us with its arrival :sly:

do you guys think that once gt5 and gtm are released that sony will relase gt and gt2 as ps1 classics?

I think so..

I can't homebrew, so I would gladly pay for both. Problem is, the licensing issues. Financially speaking, it probably wouldn't be worth it for Sony to renew those contracts just to re-release a couple of decade old PS1 games. GT1 is probably the more likely of the two, just because it has less content than its sequel. GT2 has got way more manufacturers and sponsors involved (not to mention it's on two discs) so I've come to terms with the fact that that's probably never going to happen. Then again, I might be wrong (I really hope so!)

From the sounds of it endurance races won't be included in GT Mobile.

Yes , but if you think of it it would be "easier" to complete an endurance race on the psp than in gt4 on the ps2 science you can turn your psp off and then turn it on again and continue from where you left of

Back