GT-One Road vs. GT-One Race version.

  • Thread starter Thread starter mayorbill11
  • 13 comments
  • 857 views

mayorbill11

(Banned)
Messages
1,231
What is the difference? Is it just the paint job, or what? If it is deeper than that, can you modify the GT-One road to race specs?
 
30hp and downforce.

No race modifications exist in GT3.
 
So, you can adjust the front downforce of the "Race" version?

I assume you can match things such as suspension but the downforce cannot be matched?

Do the two cars behave very differently?

I have put 1000 miles on a GT-One road version in various states of tune, and have only driven a GT-One race version once. Therefore, I can't really comment, the race version on the Monaco test did feel slower but my GT-One had a S2 turbo and an oil job...
 
I think you can adjust the front DF on the Road version too - although I might be mistaken. The Race version can be adjusted to a maximum of 1.00/1.25 which the road version just won't match.
 
Originally posted by Famine
I think you can adjust the front DF on the Road version too - although I might be mistaken. The Race version can be adjusted to a maximum of 1.00/1.25 which the road version just won't match.

The front downforce on the road car is only like .74 or something like that and the rear only goes to 1.07.
 
Race car every time and twice on sunday
 
The only significant difference I find is that you can "fly" in the Racer. I like 'em both.
 
Originally posted by mayorbill11
What is the difference? Is it just the paint job, or what? If it is deeper than that, can you modify the GT-One road to race specs?

I dont know what the difference is but I like the road version better. It seems faster and handles better.
 
Well the names of the two tells it all . . . the race version is a race car, while the road version is a road car.
 
Aaah the GT-One, the car that's so sleek it looks like the bodywork has been poured over the chassis from a bucket;)
 
Well, I've read a bit about the actual cars before, apparently they made one (or two?) Road versions, which were tamed, a bit, but since they were still basically race cars I figured they wouldn't be very different in the game. I guess they really are.

I still think the road version looks way better without all the stupid sponsors and crap.
 
Well, I think the race car is a lot faster around the track...being built mainly for the track...

I like the race version's looks better than the road...it just looks weird just being bland like that...:|

I think they only made one version, which sits in a Toyota Museum in Japan.
 
I love the GT One Road Car more than the Race Car. Using a stock Road Car with T3's is my favorite car for some races like the Professional League World Championship Race.

Try experimenting with different settings on the GT One Race Car if it dosen't handle the way you would like it to. Try not to use to much downforce and keep the camber angle to less than 3° front and 1.5° rear, and keep toe in/out to 0 for both front and rear.:D
 
Back