GT Planet Member Drift League Challenge!

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 8 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughss

Premium
United States
San Diego, Ca.
Laughss
Well since the time attack challenge is in full effect now maybe would be the best time to introduce a new league for all of the drifters that play GT.

Starting Monday, October 12th a new league will begin. Each season will consist of 7 challenges in 7 weeks. Each week will be made up of 3 track sessions. The highest drift score from each track session will be added up and totaled at the end of the week on Sunday.

For example,

Tsukuba would be on Monday till Tuesday @ 11pm.
Apricot Hill would be on Wednesday till Thursday @ 11pm.
Mini Autumn Ring would be on Friday till Saturday @ 11pm.

Players’ highest drift score achieved was 2500 on Tsukuba
Player’s highest drift score achieved was 2500 on Apricot Hill
Player’s highest drift score achieved was 2000 on Mini Autumn Ring

Player’s week total is 7000 points.

Each drift session must be played on the Single Competition mode. A picture must be taken with your user name and score written on a note card or piece of paper. There will a car assigned for each week just like the Time Attack League that I host. With this league, I will take into account each idea from different members, but everything is set in stone and will not be changed until the first season is over. It’s up to you to play with any settings you wish. Other then that, I wish everyone the best of luck!

Also would like to give credit to MugenDB1 with helping me with this challenge.

Challenge Starts Monday October 12th! Please stay tuned as I will post the first week's 3 courses at Midnight PST.

The highest drift score from each track session will be added up and totaled at the end of the week on Sunday.
I understand that GT has its standard on how to judge a drift but I am use to the old way. Sorry..

yeah I understand where you coming from and if I had the D1GP judges to judge each video I wouldn't mind at all. But that would take a lot more time to go through each video and judge.

yeah I understand where you coming from and if I had the D1GP judges to judge each video I wouldn't mind at all. But that would take a lot more time to go through each video and judge.
Not to mention the fact that most people don't have capture cards, so making videos is quite cumbersome for most people (and will most likely result in lots of low-quality videos, making it even harder to judge). Taking a picture of the result screen should be no problem however. 👍

Any chance on reviving this? I for one was looking forward to a drift league, and I'm still hoping that it will happen.

I know that drifting is traditionally judged subjectively, but I don't see how using GT-determined points would be so bad.

When I made this thread, there wasn't enough interested at all really. At this point in time, I am busy with the Time Attack Challenge League as well as competing with Justin's JGTC League and having time to play COD MW2 online. Sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back