GT Planet WRC League

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 649 comments
Glad it's not only me😄 to be fair mine was more of a glancing blow to a wooden fence but it was no harder than what you would ride the snowbanks at Sweden.

Perhaps these harsh punctures are intended for a bit of jeapardy 😄

Last edited:
Glad it's not only me😄 to be fair mine was more of a glancing blow to a wooden fence but it was no harder than what you would ride the snowbanks at Sweden.

Perhaps these harsh punctures are intended for a bit of jeapardy 😄
Same for me, clipped the side bank at relatively low speeds and got a puncture about 2/3rds of the way through the longest stage. :ouch:However cars seem a lot more driveable with a puncture than in DR2. Easy to spin when hard on the brakes or accelerator but overall not too bad.

Apparently I'm very slow in the wet though, not sure why. :sly:

I was looking forward to New Zealand and it was great fun to drive, I only wish I had taken a little longer than 2 minutes to park it upside down at the bottom of a ravine (far out of reach of whatever tow trucks EA had put on for the event). Whatever the next round is can only go better 💪

Fun rally. I managed to drive quite clean this time, with some minor mistakes. Then one small mistake on the last stage ended it all at once

EA SPORTSâ„¢ WRC-2023_11_25-09_39_06_1.gif

f5953da1-13e5-4e3b-b62c-b72aae70cf64.png

Honestly, I'm glad it happened on the last stage, at least I got to enjoy most of the rally :P. Wish the leaderboards showed DNF, though.

This rally was a really weird one that included a real crash, one I hope never to be repeated.

While half way through one of the stages I got a phone call from my eldest daughter, she had been rear ended at a roundabout in her car on way home.

Thankfully the driver stopped and it was only 5 minutes from home.
I raced down the road and got her sorted out, popped back home and finished rally.

Safe to say the rest of the rally went poorly for me such was my stress levels but none that I can blame on the game!

I had a power cut during the third stage so a DNF. Next time I logged in I had a brand new car for stage 4. I had a Sunday drive admiring the scenery, still managed a puncture half way through! I quit the rally after stage 4.

Had a relatively enjoyable run through most of the stages, despite a few issues, and even set some times I was relatively happy with for the most part. Only for me to throw it all away on the final stage with terminal damage :ouch:

Really wish we had the overall leaderboard between stages though, it's so difficult to know if you're in a fight for position or not.

Really wish we had the overall leaderboard between stages though, it's so difficult to know if you're in a fight for position or not.
I just go to the club page on the web and hit the chequered flag button.

I just go to the club page on the web and hit the chequered flag button.
That only shows final results. The overall results between stages are only visible while you're running the rally, buried in the menus between stages.

Another short series is up for this week. 5 events taking us to Sunday. WRC2 category, max degradation with 2 stages per day, but I have chosen the shortest stages possible.
Ok, now I know why you created this combo, it can be deadly and, in fact, I paid the consequences :scared:

^ This.

I didn't know that I can spin my car twice and do a double roll - all in a distance of 3.5km... now I know it's definitely doable (even after very smooth shakedown run) :boggled:

An Almost flawess run in Kenya; it wasn't because on stage one a spectator was SO close to the edge of the track, so I got a penalty :mad:

Immagine 2023-11-29 203013.jpg

But I gotta say, The Hyundai in Irish colours is a beauty :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Not sure I've ever run Estonia with so much surface degradation, certainly made for a bumpy ride.

Had a few issues on my second stage, had a horrific FPS drop in the first sector (some glitch with what looked to be leaves falling from the sky) which lasted until the end of the arena. Contemplated retiring but it seemed to clear up from then on. Then had an odd 5 second reset penalty...even though I hadn't left the track :confused:

Last edited:
There's one sharp left turn in stage 1 sector 4 which catches me out every time and dumps me over the edge. The same thing used to happen in DiRT Rally 2.0 New Zealand. I also span the car in stage 2. :ouch:

Screenshot_20231201_184152_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231201_184533_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
A twenty-three second penalty for taking a sharp turn down the wrong road in Indonesia had me reaching for the restart option. But there wasn't one so all I could do was sit there, crying in the rain. 😭😭

That's the very last time I do my weekly Forza Horizon session before taking on a rally stage and that's a stone cold certified promise. :ouch:🤬:lol:

Last edited:
I drove like a madman in Indonesia, hit frontally the bridge on stage 2, but lost only a couple of seconds :lol:

For now I'm 1st overall :D

Until Dreadmed comes (or others) and destroy my time, of course :rolleyes:

I missed out on this championship due to upgrading my PC taking longer than originally thought. I look forward to attending the next one.

With the v1.4.0 patch due next week, hopefully fixing the major issue with cars repairing and getting new tyres when exiting club events, we have some time to kill before considering the main GTP championship.

So I’ve devised a short, 6 round, 1 stage a day challenge. Using car classes that haven’t been featured in the GTPlanet club yet.

Pacifico - NR4
Kenya - Group B 4WD
Croatia - H2 RWD
Monte Carlo - S2000
Chile - H3 RWD
Estonia - WRC 2017-2021

Have fun and good luck!

Edit: should add it starts 9.30am GMT on Friday.

Last edited:
Back