GT PSP tv output and dualshock vs hand held screen

• Thread starter Evilmali
  • 26 comments
evilmali
I have a PSP Go I picked up a Component AV out cable and the PSP-N340 stand that way I can charge and AV out at the same time. I use a dualshock controller too pretty good the graphics on the 42 inch TV look a bit blocky butt still better than a small screen. I think it was worth getting this set up what do you think. I can switch between AD-Hoc party on the PS3 back to the PSP very easily.
photo4hp.jpg

photoyl.jpg

photo3kf.jpg

Last edited:
That looks awesome 👍 It doesn't look blocky at all. Not as good as GT5P obviously but pretty nice for a PSP. Then again I'm used to GT1/2 so anything above that looks good to me :lol:

I'm thinking of doing the same with my PSP-3000, but I can't justify the price of the AV cable. I'm also not sure how the controls will work, because you can't use the DS3 with the 3000. Any ideas?

Thanks for that link AlexGT. That's much much cheaper than what they sell in here :crazy: I might have to reconsider my decision (not soon though, I'm still recovering from my $300 GT5 SE).

Thanks , To do it is not that bad if I remember right ruffly I paid 20 for the dock 25 for the cable and 10 for a charging cable it uses the old round plug in the dock. The six axis priceless from PS3

I got mine for free. It was a gift from my uncle. He used to play PSP a lot, but after he got PS3, he didn't need it anymore.

How did you change the aspect ratio? I've been using component cable out on my psp 2000 for awhile now on my 32"

It should be great in theory but since it doesnt display to the whole screen it's almost not worth it because the display is smaller from the distance i sit at

Just seeing that whole setup though almost makes me want to find a GO on the cheap since i already have the digital copy of GTPSP

It's in the tv settings or on your tv remote nothing to do with the psp. The only advantage having a Go is the Bluetooth PS3 controller other than that it's just smaller. For example 16:9 wide screen, zoom, 4:3, automatic.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help reminding me about the zoom function

the 16:9 and 4:3 modes don't change much on my tv but I'm so glad I have a Zoom 2 on this

if it was one step higher I'd fill up almost the entire screen

as for the question of if you need the ps3 to do this, you don't need a ps3 to display GTPSP or any psp function onto the tv, you just need a 2000 and up series psp and a component or composite out cable

then go into display options and turn the function on

I wish they would update the system to display the games full screen like they display the movies

I have the same component cables and I have used it on a 32" LCD monitor/tv. It looks pretty good even though I still have to hold the 3000 with the cables attached to play.

I must say something about the original pictures: Your desk/entertainment center is waaayyy to clean and organized. Mine looks like a disaster compared to yours. I might have to take a picture next time I play.

I must say something about the original pictures: Your desk/entertainment center is waaayyy to clean and organized. Mine looks like a disaster compared to yours. I might have to take a picture next time I play.

Yeah, I noticed it, too.

>Evilmali Did you clean-up your house before taking pics? It's very rare to see things being so organized. Mine ain't bad, neither, but I have all types of cords and other stuff hanging out, so it looks kinda messy.

Sorry for going off topic.

Hi Evilmali,

Nice setup! :)

off topic: Do you also have experience with the psp1000-3000? If so, how does the pspgo compare to that?

How do you rate the clickable pspgo buttons? Is it hard to press them constantly?

Edit: I just went to a local gameshop and put my hands on the psp go. The answer is no, it's not better than my psp3000. Smaller screen and cramped position for holding it.

Last edited:
Thanks agian, I have had all the PsP's in the past 1000-3000 still have the 3000, I do also agree with you about the buttons suck on the Go.Much smaller overall I don't have much UMD disks so that's a plus I like that the Go is more pocket friendly. I use the Go more at home with the dualshock then without. I have big fingers so sometimes I hit 2 buttons on the Go, over all I'm very happy with the Go ,To each is own 👍
One more thing in order to use a sixaxis or dualshock3 with your Go you'll need to use a PS3 to syc them connecting both psp and controller to the PS3. It will not even work with out a PS3 first.

Last edited:
I have a PSP Go I picked up a Component AV out cable and the PSP-N340 stand that way I can charge and AV out at the same time. I use a dualshock controller too pretty good the graphics on the 42 inch TV look a bit blocky butt still better than a small screen. I think it was worth getting this set up what do you think. I can switch between AD-Hoc party on the PS3 back to the PSP very easily.
photo4hp.jpg

photoyl.jpg

photo3kf.jpg

wow that looks really good.

I use this setup to play sometimes too (since I'm still grinding every car in every colour)! ... Except on my old CRT... So I used regular A/V cables. Problem with that... the colours are so poorly contrasted that when I encounter tunnels (eg. High Speed Ring, Driving Park Test Course) I can't see very well (way too dark.. maybe my CRT is too old).

I suggest getting the component cables, and set up your GO like the one posted here. If you're thinking about getting A/V cables it's better playing off the PSP screen than the TV imho... Except for the hand cramps over long periods of time...

This is the exact setup I use, except that my PSP Go is black and my TV is a Sony. Aside from that, identical. ;)

I used to use RCA cables but recently switched to component, and it made a HUGE difference. The game looks pretty good on the big screen now and of course plays very well too.

I also recently picked up an HD video capture unit, so I can capture great quality in-game video and screens as well.

I love the AV Cable since i have gotten it. The graphics aren't "top-notch", but great enough to enjoy the game and its scenery. I recommend getting the cable. Just one question, is there a way to connect a dualshock controller (PS3 or PS2) to my PSP-2001? Thanks!

No you can't use a duel shock on a normal PSP only the PSP Go can do it with Bluetooth. Well you can do some sort of "CFW hack and remote joy" butt I wouldn't know anything about that sense thats Not my cup of tea and I have never done it.

Wow, that's bad ass... I have a question. Using, the dual shock, are the throttle and break input relative to the movement of the analog, or is it just straight full or off?

I ask because I like the physics on the psp game much more than on GT4, but I hate that it is nearly impossible to enjoy anything with more than 500hp do to the taptaptap you have to do. And I don't like using TCS either. lol I'm stubborn.

Wow, that's bad ass... I have a question. Using, the dual shock, are the throttle and break input relative to the movement of the analog, or is it just straight full or off?
Regardless of controller, the throttle and brakes are digital.

Back