Gt Psp

  • Thread starter Thread starter userone
  • 18 comments
  • 1,263 views
Messages
32
Are there any video's I can get without having to sign up to any sites...?

Anyone seen it in the flesh...?
 
No and no.

*clicky*
 
i saw a video somewhere, can't remember where though, it looked damn smooth and damn detailed
 
Its not working for me?
 
You have to right click and save on the link... it's not a vid of the PSP in action, by the way, it's just a demo of the game GT4 Mobile....
 
I did right click save as, can you give a link to the page to choose the vid?
 
Sorry, that's a video of GT4 running on PS2 hardware displayed on PSP's screen.
 
I've just done search, and this seems the best place to post. :)


I've just had a look at Gamesradar.com, and they had this article about GT4 on PSP.


[09/08/04 12:58]
Yep, you'll be able to play a complete port of GT4 while sitting on the loo


The PSP incarnation of Gran Turismo will, incredibly, be a full port of the PS2 version of GT4. This is the news today from Kazunori Yamauchi, the head of GT developers Polyphony Digital and the mastermind behind the classic car series.

We first saw footage of Gran Turismo 4 Mobile at this year's E3 games show but it was never made clear at the time how much of the PS2 game would make it into the PSP version. At statement from Sony at the event simply said that "its product quality is not at all inferior to its PS2 counterpart and is compatible to competition over wireless LAN".

At no point, though, did we consider that the full PS2 game would be crammed into Sony's forthcoming handheld - which just goes to show how technically impressive PSP should be. Of course, there's no news yet on a potential release date for the game although the PSP itself is due to hit the UK by March next year.

In other PSP news, Sony have just released a handful of lush new photos - which you can see on the right - that give you a close-up look at the machine. Doesn't it look nice?


How true all this is, we'll have to wait and see. The PSP looks lovely though. :)
 
Yep, you'll be able to play a complete port of GT4 while sitting on the loo


The PSP incarnation of Gran Turismo will, incredibly, be a full port of the PS2 version of GT4. This is the news today from Kazunori Yamauchi, the head of GT developers Polyphony Digital and the mastermind behind the classic car series.

We first saw footage of Gran Turismo 4 Mobile at this year's E3 games show but it was never made clear at the time how much of the PS2 game would make it into the PSP version. At statement from Sony at the event simply said that "its product quality is not at all inferior to its PS2 counterpart and is compatible to competition over wireless LAN".

At no point, though, did we consider that the full PS2 game would be crammed into Sony's forthcoming handheld - which just goes to show how technically impressive PSP should be. Of course, there's no news yet on a potential release date for the game although the PSP itself is due to hit the UK by March next year.

In other PSP news, Sony have just released a handful of lush new photos - which you can see on the right - that give you a close-up look at the machine. Doesn't it look nice?

source: gamesradar.co.uk

GT4 on PSP but not very good quality and not that long either :grumpy:

also a montage of video from PSP featuring GT4

[edit]

lol i just posted the same thing as you ^^^ :)
 
I think it would be better if you could play the same disks on your psp and ps2 so you din't have to buy the games twice.
 
I don't think the PSP would be that portable if it used full sized DVD's. :)

And of course they couldn't sell it twice to people who must just have GT in every incarnation. ;) :)


Remember nobody is forcing you to buy it. :)
 
redhed17
I don't think the PSP would be that portable if it used full sized DVD's. :)

And of course they couldn't sell it twice to people who must just have GT in every incarnation. ;) :)


Remember nobody is forcing you to buy it. :)

I agree, but the UMD is (kind of) a new media, that works just like a compact DVD (someone says it's the same as the GameCube discs, a compact DVD - but in the case of UMD, the disc is encapsulated in a plastic container, unlike the Cube's disc). This reduces the quantity of data available, so, we'll have some kind of drawback in the game quality (lower resolution textures, maybe even less events and cars).

And Sony is even trying to make UMD a mainstream media type, convincing Hollywood studios to put movies on it. Can we say that Sony is prepared to create other media products (like UMD players and recorders)? I think so, but with only 2Gb data capacity, UMD is definately a step back.

Unless they turn it into a blu-ray media - then UMD would really become interesting...
 
the PSP is a dumb idea because its going to be so damned expensive, if I spent that much money on something portable I'd be afraid to go anywhere with it, which defeats the whole purpose...
 
Nemo wrote;
the PSP is a dumb idea because its going to be so damned expensive, if I spent that much money on something portable I'd be afraid to go anywhere with it, which defeats the whole purpose...

I'll wait for the final retail price before I make the decision whether to buy.


Anyway how else do you play GT on the toilet. ;) :lol:
 
Set up a rig with the pedals embedded into the floor...a drop-down wheel holder, a TV, and a ps2....waterproof everything...good to go!! :lol:

so, we'll have some kind of drawback in the game quality (lower resolution textures, maybe even less events and cars).
Nope. Not gonna happen. KY has already said the the PSP is in no way inferior to it's PS2 counterpart. I can see the lower res textures, but let's face it, their allowed to because it's on a 7" screen!! It's not like you're gonna notice it, that's where the compromise is! I'm lookin foreward to it, but I probably won't have the money.
 
Wow. Pretty impressive if they fit the same amount of content of PS2 version onto PSP.
 
Back